Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2616 2617 [2618] 2619 2620 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3129401 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #39255 on: February 07, 2014, 01:15:06 am »

Kyle blinks for a moment.
"Give me a moment, I need to recover from that."

<Yuri, ETA please?>

<A moment. nearly there.>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #39256 on: February 07, 2014, 01:18:48 am »

Kyle taps his foot.
"Sorry, Yuri and who ever else need a moment. Australia is rather long way away from Japan... Oh! Uncle told me this one. She's disloyal to her husband. To be specific she had a passionate affair with my uncle. Uncle Johnson. Yes, I realize it's a shit name."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39257 on: February 07, 2014, 01:19:59 am »

With a horrific screech, the matter next to Kyle begins to undulate, the fundamental forces begin to destabilize and fluctuate as the exchange of gauge bosons begins to capriciously increase and decrease in a seemingly random fashion. Within the maelstrom of the anomaly, something scintillates, like a pin prick in the very fabric of reality before bursting outwards into a small sphere which glowed with the light of 10 w/x - 4ei y/z main sequence stars*. A luminous phantasmagoria of red and green hues begin radiating out of it in small scale events akin to solar prominences. As the perturbations to existence around it increase in magnitude, small eruption appear, analogous to solar flares, expelling streams of a hitherto unknown material, doubtlessly of a blasphemously alien origin. As the cacophony of discharges reaches a crescendo, they begin to order and align themselves, forming the hazy, and strangely uncertain outline of a humanoid entity. Angelic wings of eldritch light shine with radiance matched only by their strange dimness behind it. A rigid veil crystallizes before it's 'head', though lacking in features, pareidolia makes it seem like some sort of vague approximation of a pale opera mask. With one final emission of eldritch power, it flexes its newly formed wings, sending a pulse cascading through the air, signalling the end of its blatant heresy against the four forces. As the view clears once more, its ambiguous form is wreathed in a Stygian black light, clinging onto the eidolon like a phantasmal suit.

It glances with its eyeless visage across those who were gathered and floats away, out to part of the room where its presence would not be criticized.

They had sowed some of the early seeds of civilization, society and science alike within the fertile soils here. They had bared witness to the innumerable follies and countless triumphs of those who call themselves humanity, the lives and deaths of the great and the weak alike. Witnessed the extravagant wealth and the soul-crushing poverty. Now, once again it was time. Time to harvest and reap the fruits of their investment.

((No this is not a plot. This is just an entity that is going to stand there and observe, only under specific circumstances would it interfere, circumstances I doubt this plot will trigger. I can assure you that should the trigger arise, it will simply protect a party from an attack type and vanish for a while.))

*Where e is Euler's number, i is the square root of negative one, w is the total spending on solar energy in the last financial quarter, x is the total spending on all renewable energy in the last financial quarter, y is the total amount spent on research and development of solar energy in the last financial quarter and z is the total amount spent on research and development of renewable energy in the last financial quarter.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39258 on: February 07, 2014, 01:23:00 am »

Kyle taps his foot.
"Sorry, Yuri and who ever else need a moment. Australia is rather long way away from Japan... Oh! Uncle told me this one. She's disloyal to her husband. To be specific she had a passionate affair with my uncle. Uncle Johnson. Yes, I realize it's a shit name."

"His name is... Uncle?"

"Bet his parent's hated him."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39259 on: February 07, 2014, 01:25:57 am »

Kyle moves to the side away from the thing.
"I don't think that one is going to testify."

Kyle taps his foot.

"His name is... Uncle?"

"Bet his parent's hated him."
Kyle shrugs.
"To quote my dad on the matter, 'hey, he gets the family business and a shitty name, I get vigilantism and a son who has the powers of a god'. On that note Uncle is also the one who taught me how to flirt. I like to think I'm pretty good at it."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39260 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:29 am »

"Indeed. Continue."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39261 on: February 07, 2014, 01:30:26 am »

Kyle looks around for something to inspire him.
"She's... been manufacturing genetic abominations for use as her work force. And she has horrible fashion sense...
Was the indeed to my flirting abilities or to my explanation of my Uncle's name?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39262 on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:04 am »

Kyle looks around for something to inspire him.
"She's... been manufacturing genetic abominations for use as her work force. And she has horrible fashion sense...
Was the indeed to my flirting abilities or to my explanation of my Uncle's name?"

"Yes."

"Did... did you just make a joke?"

"I am not incapable of such things."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39263 on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:59 am »

Kyle blinks and looks to the redheaded angel with a quirked eyebrow.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39264 on: February 07, 2014, 01:33:07 am »

"... Hell if I know. How long until the..."

Yuri steps out of the TV, falling onto the stage with a thump, carrying Selina. She falls on her butt, Emiya appearing just in time to catch her.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39265 on: February 07, 2014, 01:34:01 am »

Multilateral trade of information. Useless to self. No need to participate in transaction until trades become of value to self.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39266 on: February 07, 2014, 01:35:07 am »

Kyle chuckles.
"I don't suppose I can get a second opinion from you on my flirting while we listen to them?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39267 on: February 07, 2014, 01:35:48 am »

Selina mutely helps Yuri up, in a bit of a shockened state right now.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39268 on: February 07, 2014, 01:37:21 am »

Kyle chuckles.
"I don't suppose I can get a second opinion from you on my flirting while we listen to them?"

"Attempt to seduce me and I shall curse your genitals to shrivel up and fall off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39269 on: February 07, 2014, 01:38:44 am »

Kyle shrugs.
"I usually at least get one in before they threaten to curse me... I should stop hanging out with witches."
Pages: 1 ... 2616 2617 [2618] 2619 2620 ... 4748