Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3130044 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Now with 100% more Persona elements!
« Reply #17220 on: December 28, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »

((Let me just put it simpler, then. >_< no matter how far out you go, there is only one Shis'm Caes. All universes are a single fragment of the Great Cycle, and each multiverse is, I suppose, a set of universes with similar traits and characteristics, and so on and so forth. There is only one ultimate beginning, but any number of things can spread out from that.))
((I really, really don't like omni-anything in fictional characters, whether it's Eru Iluvatar or G...an. Such characters tend to either dominate the story, bring up all sorts of questions of why there is a story, or both. Yes, even bound ones like Shys'm Caes. The biggest question there is "How the hell did she get bound?" and "How has she not freed herself?", which narrowly beat out "What was she smoking?" and "Who said ragnarok could dictate the origin of every frikkin' universe ever brought into contact with the RotMGverse, even if that screws over story ideas?"))
((Technically she's the original beginning. There ARE Universes that weren't created by her, but she created Creation in the first place, which paved the way for the rest of everything.))
((...Which solves my issue, how? A little, maybe, but the biggest issue is still there.))
((I'd be able to help you more if I knew what your issue is.))
((...Reread the big chunk of text a couple steps back. Then reread the first sentence, if you haven't caught it yet. If you still didn't: I really, really don't like omni-anything in fictional characters.))

Kyle points to himself.
"Mad scientist. My girlfriend is Selina."
"Hm. Either the other Selina has terrible taste, or you're less of an idiot than your version in this universe."

((...
Good thing this wasn't mindspoken.
Or else we might have issues.))
((If that 'verse even has the bracelets, they probably wouldn't be compatible with ours.))

"I thought you would have a reaction like that if this was the right universe. Yeah, in fact she's normally the dominant one in the relationship. She's also the one who runs the evil magic empire."
"<Clearly, you're just as much a wuss as this Kyle.> Saying that mostly to bug our Kyle. On a more serious note, your world sounds quite...interesting. Tell me, did you ever get dragged to some sort of arena with folks from another universe?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: December 28, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

<I am a wimp. I cry myself to sleep sometimes because of it. And the fact that I'm fairly certain that you guys just keep me around because I'm to convenient to leave.>

"You talking about the crossover that brought even more psychopaths to my world. Then yes. The answer is yes. Does that mean you'll do it?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: December 28, 2013, 10:04:34 pm »

Sen speaks up, "Um, I still don't know what you want us to do, and if our kyle is mostly good, then aren't you mostly evil?" Sen is confused.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: December 28, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »

"Mostly neutral actually."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17224 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »

Sen has become more confused of alignments. "Then if your neutral, and our Kyle is neutral... then..." Sen starts to get a headache and becomes dizzy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:09:43 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: December 28, 2013, 10:16:06 pm »

"You talking about the crossover that brought even more psychopaths to my world. Then yes. The answer is yes. Does that mean you'll do it?"
"Good lord...it's interesting."

Sen speaks up, "Um, I still don't know what you want us to do, and if our kyle is mostly good, then aren't you mostly evil?" Sen is confused.
"...You're going to be a pain to deal with. On the bright side, Kyle might not be the benchmark for stupidity for much longer..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: December 28, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »

((Let me just put it simpler, then. >_< no matter how far out you go, there is only one Shis'm Caes. All universes are a single fragment of the Great Cycle, and each multiverse is, I suppose, a set of universes with similar traits and characteristics, and so on and so forth. There is only one ultimate beginning, but any number of things can spread out from that.))
((I really, really don't like omni-anything in fictional characters, whether it's Eru Iluvatar or G...an. Such characters tend to either dominate the story, bring up all sorts of questions of why there is a story, or both. Yes, even bound ones like Shys'm Caes. The biggest question there is "How the hell did she get bound?" and "How has she not freed herself?", which narrowly beat out "What was she smoking?" and "Who said ragnarok could dictate the origin of every frikkin' universe ever brought into contact with the RotMGverse, even if that screws over story ideas?"))
((Technically she's the original beginning. There ARE Universes that weren't created by her, but she created Creation in the first place, which paved the way for the rest of everything.))
((...Which solves my issue, how? A little, maybe, but the biggest issue is still there.))
((I'd be able to help you more if I knew what your issue is.))
((...Reread the big chunk of text a couple steps back. Then reread the first sentence, if you haven't caught it yet. If you still didn't: I really, really don't like omni-anything in fictional characters.))

((... That's not a problem. That's a preference. There are ways to work around that one single event rather easily.))

Selina blushes a bit as she helps support Yuri around the boat.

"A-a-are you okay...?" Selina was pretty worried.

"I am fine. Simply... worn out, I suppose."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: December 28, 2013, 10:20:59 pm »

Alt!Cyrielle's corpse continues decaying in it's coffin in the alternate world. Alt!Annie and Alt!Wheatley continue to remain non-existent.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: December 28, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »

Alt!Cyrielle's corpse continues decaying in it's coffin in the alternate world. Alt!Annie and Alt!Wheatley continue to remain non-existent.
((Well isn't that a bore. I could just control Alt!Cyrielle for you.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: December 28, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »

((Okay, so since you want fluffy Shis, we can just assume that during that part of the Cycle she was/is/will be reasonably nice and happy and generally happy with the everything. Honestly at this point it's a bit over 50%ish. :/ Maybe.))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: December 28, 2013, 10:26:11 pm »

((Okay, so since you want fluffy Shis, we can just assume that during that part of the Cycle she was/is/will be reasonably nice and happy and generally happy with the everything. Honestly at this point it's a bit over 50%ish. :/ Maybe.))
((Different multiverse.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: December 28, 2013, 10:26:24 pm »

((The issue is, since their personalities are inverted, Alt!Cyrielle would not have met the requirements of Fate's contract, hence she would have just died from her condition. There would be no Alt!Fate because it's more of a concept with optimization functions than anything truly sentient.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:40 pm »

((The issue is, since their personalities are inverted, Alt!Cyrielle would not have met the requirements of Fate's contract, hence she would have just died from her condition. There would be no Alt!Fate because it's more of a concept with optimization functions than anything truly sentient.))
((So why is she dead?))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: December 28, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »

((Different multiverse.))
((So it's a whole different Creation?

... Possible, I guess. Bridge must be fuck-off powerful, but okay.

Then Shis probably wouldn't exist, given that she's bound to the creation of everything.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: December 28, 2013, 10:30:08 pm »

((... That's not a problem. That's a preference. There are ways to work around that one single event rather easily.))
((It's less the single event and more a combination of "poor writing"* and "why do you get to declare all this again?"**. If you'll notice, if you had read my post, you would have realized that the problems go beyond this one plot. You might also have noticed a compromise, but nope. Sues'm Caes has to be the origin of EVAREETHIN!))

((*I notice that Shys'm Caes has never answered the "How did you get bound?" question at all. Unless you count what is basically "I don't want to talk about it." Seriously, that's a ginormous plot hole there.))
((**Two things. One: It means you get to declare the backstories of this universe, the universes of several other forum games--including only one you wrote, but several by other players of this game--as well as, again, anything else we cross RotMG over with (which, due to a vague metaplot I've discussed a bit with Elf, will be a fair number. Two: If and when Yuri finishes the subplot of breaking the bond with SC, you will be controlling an omnipotent character. And if you don't see how those are problems there's something wrong with you.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 4748