Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1011855 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9975 on: March 23, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

hmm, I'll have to remember to write up the lamb recipe for cado some time
YES PLEASE! THANK YOU! For now though, I'm going to help with a stir fry and maybe boil some potatos if we have them.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: March 23, 2014, 05:57:11 pm »

let me just finish this round of mahjong
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: March 23, 2014, 06:25:49 pm »

Okay, for 2 persons you need

- 2 pieces of lamb hip, roughly 250g each (or just about 3-4 cm thick - dont hesitate to ask your butcher. Tell him you want some lamb that you can butterfly and then roll. these guys know what you want better than you do.)
- 6 small potatoes
- 6 cocktail tomatos
- 20-ish green beans
- 1 lemon
- garlic clove
- 4 artichoke hearts, in oil
- handful basil
- handful flatleaf parsley
- handful thyme
- 2 teaspoons of sweet mustard
- salt, pepper, sugar
- 2meters of cooking string

okay, start with some preparations, best to get them all done, else the timing can become a bit stressfull. preheat oven to 180°C (circulation, 200°C upper/lower heat), and get a pot of water for the beans boiling, add a bit of salt. Remove the stalks from the herbs and chop that stuff fine. the finer the better. Cut the ends of the beans, half the potatoes. Grate the zest of the lemon (the yellow outer part, NOT the bitter white part under it), and squeeze the juice. Peel and fiiinely chop the garlic. Half the cocktail tomatoes, quarter the artichoke hearts - keep the oil. Before heating anything, lets finish the stuff that can just stand for a while. That's the chopping part done, keep everything in neat little piles, unto the next step.

the really easy part, the vinnegrette. Add 2-ish spoons of the artichoke oil, the same amount of lemon juice, half of the lemon zest, the garlic, a spoon of sugar, a teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste into a large bowl, mix that shit. whoo, you made a vinegrette. You are still not sure how many ns and ts are in that word but oh well, I am too lazy to check.

now, something more tricky, we move unto the meat. We are going to butterfly it, fancy chef term for making that shit flatter and bigger. With a *really* sharp knife, cut into the side of the meat in the middle, and cut it aaaaaallmost all the way through, like a book. Literaly turning a - into a < make sure the end is not too thin, it should be about as thick as the flaps. Open the book up, letter side up (that is, the side where you cut), put some clingfilm over it, and with a pan, pound it nice and flat. You wanna soften the meat up and make it nice and big, but beware not to overwork it, make it about 0.5-1cm thick, evenly. on the upside, spread the mustard, and half of the chopped herbs, we will use the rest later. Roll it up carefully, and then just wrap the string around them until you are secure that they wont fall apart. 1 meter for each is a lot, so you will have no problems.

okay, now the cooking part, from here watch a bit out with the timing.

- potatoes: heat oil in a pan (be generous with it) salt and pepper the potatoes and put them in cut side down. Give them a little shake to make sure they dont stick, leave them for 3 minutes. then put them into the oven, for 20 minutes

- beans: when the potates have been in the oven for 5 minutes boil in the salted water for 10 minutes, take out, rinse with cold water, salt and pepper, leave them for now

- meat: when the potatoes have been in the oven for 7 minutes, put the meat into the still hot pan, and fry for 3 minutes (1 minute each side, work it roughly like a triangle), then put the pan (if possible, else just put them in somehow) into the oven, and leave for 10 minutes, meat and potatoes should come out at the same time.

once that is all done, take it all out, take the meat out of the pan, but dont tinker with it yet! meat need to rest to keep it from being dry.
Take the roasting juices out of the pan, into the vinegrete, take the potatoes, tomatos, artichokes and put them in the vinegrete, mix well.

mix the rest of the zest with the rest of the herbs, cut the string from the meat and roll it in the herbs for a nice coating. well, done. Hurrah, you're a chef now.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:29:35 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: March 23, 2014, 06:30:40 pm »

Thanks Akroma!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »

I thought you were talking about making two literal people.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:55 pm »

Welcome to page 666 guys.

Lamb stew? Oh my.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: March 23, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »

Eh. The IC one was better.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: March 23, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »

That's...annoying.

Does anyone else care that Angel is gone? How about Will?
((Also, pointing something out here. It's more annoying to have ANOTHER plot right after this last one.))
Huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: March 23, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »

The whole 'Hey, I haven't been on in a while so here's a needless miniplot for you guys.' thing.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: March 24, 2014, 05:51:34 am »

Lamb stew? Oh my.

not a stew.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: March 24, 2014, 07:16:05 am »

@GWG Samson's character sheet location

He is a completely mundane human with 4 anti-magic pistols and a ghost girl possessing his shadow named shade, who he killed by accident. He also has the non-magical ability to either double or triple his stats at the cost of damaging that specific stats bodypart.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:18:36 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:53 am »

Kyle continues researching the lack of exsistance of souls.
I could make all kinds of snark about this.

<They call me the Shadow Prince, actually.>
Alright, yeah, I don't know this guy. Who is he? Is he a he?

((actually, angel and will are not avaiaible. GWG is trying to fill in the details of him not being in the game for a week with short mini-plots))
More like two weeks. And it's supposed to be one plot, and the "mini" is only if people actually do it.

<Visiting her parents. But she's been away for a while and I was allowed to see her parents.>
...When was he allowed to see her parents?
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: March 24, 2014, 08:15:18 am »

Alright, yeah, I don't know this guy. Who is he? Is he a he?

How the heck does nobody seem to know who Tobias is?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: March 24, 2014, 08:25:41 am »

Oh. When did he become a Shadow Prince?
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: March 24, 2014, 08:29:01 am »

Oh. When did he become a Shadow Prince?

Since forever. It's less 'become', and more 'the shadows always called him that'.
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1030