Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132663 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Officially warming up for testing.
« Reply #855 on: January 07, 2014, 12:20:23 am »

Maybe he meant Plague Crusades?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 07, 2014, 12:26:16 am »

Working on orange test update, found an issue with Flimsy's, AKA Elephant Parade's, action.
"Lightning" substituted for "Electricity", and "Templar"... No immediate counterpart found. Replaced with "Bushido". No problems with Bees or Beam.
I remember a templar word. Also, I was going to say Electricity, but I thought it was lightning for some reason.

Use Neon Hell, then. If that's not banned.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 07, 2014, 12:26:51 am »

The one with the black cross, medieval times and miasma?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 07, 2014, 12:31:00 am »

Working on orange test update, found an issue with Flimsy's, AKA Elephant Parade's, action.
"Lightning" substituted for "Electricity", and "Templar"... No immediate counterpart found. Replaced with "Bushido". No problems with Bees or Beam.
I remember a templar word. Also, I was going to say Electricity, but I thought it was lightning for some reason.

Use Neon Hell, then. If that's not banned.
May I point out that YOU pointed out that Black-Biometal was banned? They're not the same category, but it's banned, yes. I picked a close one that is in a allowed category, and the results are humorous. I assure you.

Edit:
Speed[5+2]v[6+0]v[6+1.5]v[3+1]
Combat[5+1]v[4+2.5][3-1.5][1+0]
Cranking the cannon at full speed, Tsuchi launches it's remaining projectiles in a semi-rapid fire manner. Meta manages to avoid being hit completely, while Flimsy and Golden are both struck in the center of gravity, knocking them off their platforms and out of the arena completely!
Speed[4+2] Combat[3+2.5]v[3+0]
Meta managed to dodge closer to Tsuchi's platform, and climbs back up. He does a two-fingers-extended punch at Tsuchi's face, and manages to strike right in the eyes, crippling Tsuchi's abilities even further.
SpeedReflexSaves[6+0][6+1]
Potential[5+0]v[3+2], [2+2]v[1+0]
Both falling combatants manage to grab onto steel cables rising out of the clouds, leading endlessly up, and indefinitely down. They can see the arena not far above, and can easily see each other.
Flimsy lets loose with a beam made out of bees, electric bees jacketed in steel-and-leather samuri armor. The beam breaks up as it nears Golden, but that's so that the swarm of bees can attack him. Each one penetrates his skin, it's armor bouncing off of him and the bee disapating into a static shock on contact. He is mildly irritated.
Golden retaliates by blasting a number of steel shards at Flimsy, who lives up to his name again by being torn to shreds by them.

A wisp of colored smoke escapes Flimsy's remains and is absorbed into Golden Mage's chest. Pick 1 stat to increase.
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:35:50 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:22 am »

Oh darn. I always die in these.

If this goes on for too long, you know you want to have clockwork miasma bees erupt from the ground.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 07, 2014, 01:35:40 am »

Also, if it's a crazy japanese gameshow, the term "Piecewise-no-Mikoto" should turn up at least once.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:07 am »

DIVEKICK GOLDEN.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:10 am »

Increase Combat.

Wish that the words for sprouting wings still existed.

Watch Tsuchi fall far above me as the laws of physics prevent him from hitting me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #864 on: January 07, 2014, 02:30:02 pm »

Awareness is an ideal dump stat, yeah.

Spoiler: Sezlagid (click to show/hide)

Let's get it ooon.

You two. Mostly because I think we're all in roughly the same time zone.

Here's how we do this. You're gonna be in a square, flat arena. You're gonna have a custom spell book with 60 words in it. These words can only be used ONCE and then are considered expended, regardless of if the spell was successful. You can have the same word up to 3 times.

Create a numbered list of these words and PM me that list. You can then post spells in this test by just posting the number corresponding to that word.  Ie

1.fire
2.fire
3.Steel
4.iron
5.Sword

and then posting

Would be a steel sword.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 07, 2014, 02:46:43 pm »

Here's the List with the potency score next to the word, by the way. It's a first draft, obviously, so if you have concerns, feel free to voice them.

In general, most mundane forms, animals, elements, etc are pretty cheap. It's just the more magical crap and dragons and modifiers that are very expensive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d5vopb835ysj20/list.txt

This list is the most up to date, correct?

Here's a blank of 1-60, if it helps GWG.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  50 and 60 are not the same.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:54:30 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 07, 2014, 02:58:30 pm »

And a success is 50/50 per roll, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 07, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »

Now that I look at it, I'm not sure how potency and the scores work since pool is still around.  Could you underp me a bit?

Let's say I have my current stats, then cast Acid FireForward (5+1) and then next turn cast Steel Cat (3+2).  What would be rolled and spent?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #868 on: January 07, 2014, 04:02:48 pm »

Here's the List with the potency score next to the word, by the way. It's a first draft, obviously, so if you have concerns, feel free to voice them.

In general, most mundane forms, animals, elements, etc are pretty cheap. It's just the more magical crap and dragons and modifiers that are very expensive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d5vopb835ysj20/list.txt

This list is the most up to date, correct?

Here's a blank of 1-60, if it helps GWG.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  50 and 60 are not the same.
Thats the list, yep.

And a success is 50/50 per roll, right?
Sort of. It's like this

1:-1 success
2: 0 success
3: 0 success
4: 1 success
5: 1 success
6: 2 success

If you get more successes the dice rolled (through getting several 6's probably) the you keep those successes and roll again, getting more successes and powering the spell up even further. The "Exploding Dice"

If you get 0 or less successes, you get a critical failure; which is like rolling a 1 in the old game.

If you get less then needed successes, then I randomly remove words until the spell works with that many successes.

If you get more, then it makes the spell stronger.

Now that I look at it, I'm not sure how potency and the scores work since pool is still around.  Could you underp me a bit?

Let's say I have my current stats, then cast Acid FireForward (5+1) and then next turn cast Steel Cat (3+2).  What would be rolled and spent?
Depends if you're in combat. If you're in combat, pool is being spent like normal. If you're not, pool regens each turn like normal. Potency is (for now) just a stat you roll. We're staying with the old ways for now, but next time we'll try it with Potency being spread between spells and remove pool.

Does that make sense?

As per your character, I believe it was start with 3 in all stats except pool and pot and then spread 25 around. If that adds up, then you're good. If I am remembering right.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 07, 2014, 04:14:56 pm »

Yeah, I thought it was 3 all, not 3 except.  Fixed:

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 65