Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132675 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #810 on: January 05, 2014, 12:48:06 am »

They're also useful for looking cool and roasting marshmallows over unusually cold fires.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 05, 2014, 12:48:58 am »

I guess that's only with the idea wands help cast magic, here, wands can be used for knocking teeth out I doubt much else.
You could shiv people with them. Especially ghostly bastards if its silver.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 05, 2014, 12:50:28 am »

"I'm a tooth fairy?"
"What?"
*person smashes the others teeth out*
"THATS WHAT, BASTARD."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 05, 2014, 12:54:06 am »

I wonder if Terrible-Divine Rock'n'Roll Sound Force Shockwave Explode-Around results in a shock wave in the form of a choir of angels in the midst of an electric harp solo.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #814 on: January 05, 2014, 12:06:40 pm »

How are you handling the animation of a summoned creature?  For example, in Arena "stone cat" would get you a stone cat that walked around and acted catty.  In the World Beyond, you'd get a stone cat statue.  Will the life word be required?

If the control word is included in the creation of an animal, does control become assured?
Actually stone cat always got you a statue. So yeah, the "Animate" word would be required for things that aren't alive already. Although, thats something thats up to the GM to decide. If animals made of inanimate things summon in animated and if certain words require the "Solid" modifier to form objects are the two big ones that are really up for grabs.

There is no control word anymore. Mostly because it has the potential to be all sorts of broken, what with people getting themselves 10 rings,each with 5 elements controlled on them or something. I may include certain rules that allow for usages similar to some things you could do with it, like attempting to wrestle mental control of a summoned creature from an opponent or similar.

What effects would imbuing someone with Terrible Divine do? Would if make them seraph like and/or affect their mind?
It would probably kill them. If not immediately then eventually. I should have something on there about it forcing continuous endurance rolls. Because really, that shit should be too powerful for you to freely control. Both for universe reasons and also because, well, it would probably be massively over powered. Though, for our first tests, we won't have that rule, just to see what it's like.

And yeah, you'd probably go all divine glow, 18 wings made of light,  body made of quicksilver with eyes of emerald fire or something similar.

I wonder if Terrible-Divine Rock'n'Roll Sound Force Shockwave Explode-Around results in a shock wave in the form of a choir of angels in the midst of an electric harp solo.
You get yourself like 50 potency and you can see.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 05, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »

Maybe instead of "Control," we have "Influence"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #816 on: January 05, 2014, 07:56:57 pm »

Ok, potency scores/ratings whatever you wanna call them are gonna be 1-10 on the positive side, 0- -3(?) on the negative side.

Now I just have to go through the list, assign them values, and then I'll balance them via testing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 05, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »

What effects would imbuing someone with Terrible Divine do? Would if make them seraph like and/or affect their mind?
It would probably kill them. If not immediately then eventually. I should have something on there about it forcing continuous endurance rolls. Because really, that shit should be too powerful for you to freely control. Both for universe reasons and also because, well, it would probably be massively over powered. Though, for our first tests, we won't have that rule, just to see what it's like.

And yeah, you'd probably go all divine glow, 18 wings made of light,  body made of quicksilver with eyes of emerald fire or something similar.

That's going to be like the margarita dragon as an ultimate goal people wanted to attain in the arena, isn't it?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #818 on: January 05, 2014, 08:36:58 pm »

That's going to be like the margarita dragon as an ultimate goal people wanted to attain in the arena, isn't it?

We can only hope.

Thanks for that list, by the way. Did you use some sort of print function to get it?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:39 pm »

No not really, I just did it manually since I had some spare time.
Edit: I was referring to the numbering. There was a way to make MS Word delete everything not bolded which I used.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:53:42 pm by Empiricist »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #820 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:32 pm »

No not really, I just did it manually since I had some spare time.
Edit: I was referring to the numbering. There was a way to make MS Word delete everything not bolded which I used.
Ah, thats what I figured; since some of the words have colons after them and some don't, which is clearly my own format fuckery.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #821 on: January 05, 2014, 11:37:47 pm »

Alright, I've got the potency scores for stuff done. Now we just need to figure out the starting points for characters. Hmm.

Well, our stats are:

Strength
Dexterity
Speed
Endurance
Will
Awareness (?Keep or get rid of?)
Potency
Channeling

With how dice rolls are now handled, rolling 10 dice gets you an average of 6 1/3 successes rather then standard 5 or so, plus the chance of exploding dice racking up massive scores.

Hmmm.

So I'm thinking starting with say, 3 in each stat EXCEPT potency and Channeling. Giving you say...25? Points to spread around. Hmm

Lets try that now. Make some characters with those stats, 3 in each to start with (except potency and channeling) and then spread around 25 points how you like . No bonuses from stacking 3s or anything any more, so don't worry about that. Two most interesting ones get to participate in the first round of testing.

You can post more then one character to better your odds.

If I get a bunch of glass cannon 20 potency bastards I'm gonna have to throw them into a pit to fight the fist wizard.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Officially warming up for testing.
« Reply #822 on: January 05, 2014, 11:48:02 pm »

Awareness is an ideal dump stat, yeah.

Spoiler: Sezlagid (click to show/hide)
Sig

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 05, 2014, 11:52:47 pm »

Needless to say, [the formatted list] is in a very amicable format for machine reading.

Are we still doing the English-speak word system?
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Officially warming up for testing.
« Reply #824 on: January 05, 2014, 11:52:58 pm »

Spoiler: Extremely Burly Wizard (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65