Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132722 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #750 on: December 30, 2013, 10:11:33 pm »

Time to refresh my download.  ;)

This is the link, right? I'm glad I bookmarked it.
Meanwhile:
Speed:[5+0]vs[6+1.5]
Speed[1+1.5]
Potential[1+2.5]vs[4+0]......[5+2.5]
Combat[4+3][3+3][3+3][1+3]vs[5+0]
Meta decides the safest place, upon hearing the words sliding out of of Flimsy's dying breaths, would be behind the pillar, and possibly upwards in the only remaining direction. He tries to climb up the polished rock walls, though, rather than the glowing pillar in the middle. Flimsy's spell completes quickly, though, and backfires in a big way. The fires that erupt around him completely envelope him, and poor forth. The pillar protects Meta, slightly, as he stands in the strip of floor not scorched by billowing flames of white, yellow, blue, purple, and black. The explosion is completely smokeless, and beings made of fire and flame with glowing eyes can be seen erupting forth with the fires that melt away the very walls of the room. The explosion dies down, and the flaming rocks are left sizzling and cracking, and the flaming demons standing there, all staring at where Flimsy stood. They ignore Meta, and all point at the lump of quivering, charred, and mostly on fire flesh that is Flimsy, who is clearly now evaporating.
The limbs of the fire beings all turn to tentacles of flame, and grab Flimsy. They quickly tear him apart, digit from digit, as Meta stares on in horror. When the deed is done, and nothing remains of Flimsy, the fire beings all disappear, leaving Meta alone in a room of melting stone.
Which on the far side, melts away into a cavern on the far side, offering escape if only Meta could figure out a way across the molten floor.

Winner: Meta!
Yup, thats the link. I'm currently just running through and adding descriptions to everything. Blarg.

Before it wasn't really easy. I mean, yeah, catstaffs, but the average player was mostly unable to create anything better than weapons and armor.
It should be easier now. You're gonna actually have to use your hands and shit, you can't fart out a complete house using nothing but words, but the tools and such are there now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 30, 2013, 10:26:26 pm »

There shopuld be a word/s that let you shoot/pull stuff out your ass.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 30, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »

There shopuld be a word/s that let you shoot/pull stuff out your ass.
that's how FATAL got made, derm. Don't help create another FATAL.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 30, 2013, 10:39:48 pm »

You mean I can't create a six foot long metal tesla-quarterstaff, pull it out my ass, and hit people with it?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 30, 2013, 10:50:15 pm »

Staff Wheel Wood Adamantine
Many Adamantine Nails
Heavy Adamantine Hammer
Wood Leather Belt Cage
Adamantine Saw
Adamantine Chain
Animate Flesh Horse

Use the Saw to remove the top of the cage, and the hammer and nails to put the pieces of that to make the sides. Put the axles from the first two spells into the leather straps that are part of the cage, use nails to secure the axles but make sure they still have room to rotate. Attach the chain, and hook that around the horse.

One horse drawn, durable wagon, ready for use!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #755 on: December 30, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

Many Adamantine Nails
Heavy Adamantine Hammer
Wood Leather Belt Cage
Adamantine Saw
Adamantine Chain
Animate Flesh Horse

Use the Saw to remove the top of the cage, and the hammer and nails to put the pieces of that to make the sides. Put the axles from the first two spells into the leather straps that are part of the cage, use nails to secure the axles but make sure they still have room to rotate. Attach the chain, and hook that around the horse.

I dunno if the Staff wheel thing would get you what you're looking for in terms of axles with wheels on them.

That Adamantine hammer probably doesn't need to be heavy (Unless you want it to be 100 lbs)

And the horse doesn't need to be "Animate" because the flesh is already alive.

Other then that, yeah, that works.
One horse drawn, durable wagon, ready for use!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 30, 2013, 10:58:08 pm »

If you summoned a nailgun and created nails as well as inscribing them with fragile glass, would you be able to nail people with it and transform them into glass?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 30, 2013, 11:18:10 pm »

Would Halberd Wheel, plus an extra wheel, work better? Eh. The concept is close enough.
The Cyan Menace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 30, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »

You mean I can't create a six foot long metal tesla-quarterstaff, pull it out my ass, and hit people with it?
Dude. FATAL. Any came that makes you roll for anal circumference, gives women penalties to just about everything except the Urination skill, has a Urination skill, etc etc etc, is to be avoided, as is being compared it it.

1. Solid Fire Stone (Whichever)-Hand
2. Steel Chisel
3. Carve "Fire Blade" into hand
4. Recover.
5. Raygun-Gothic Steel Sheet Cone Cylinder
6. Make a hole for a door, if it doesn't exist
7. Stone Cube times some number, assemble cubes in front of door as stairs
8. Raygun-Gothic Steel Table, Raygun-Gothic Steel Chair, repeat as needed, weld into place
9. Small Raygun Gothic Steel Wall as needed to subdivide it into rooms like a dining area, kitchen, stuff like that, weld into place
10. Flesh Hand (which would remove the engraving, right?)
11. Raygun Gothic Steel stuff to make an oven, pots, and such.
12. Open a space restaurant!
13. Learn how to cook.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 31, 2013, 05:37:18 pm »

If I ever run one of these, I'm including a word similar to Zentol that's basically the universe as designed by Shaft.

Because we need more fucked up things like the world whenever there's a witch around (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) or from the opening scenes of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei!
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #760 on: December 31, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »

If I ever run one of these, I'm including a word similar to Zentol that's basically the universe as designed by Shaft.

Because we need more fucked up things like the world whenever there's a witch around (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) or from the opening scenes of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei!
Some of the more complex substances might do for your needs. As soon as I get done with the Modifiers, I'm getting back into describing them.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48:54 pm »

Something along the lines of sentient paper, but personally I'd love to trap my enemies in a satanic world based around myself just to toy around with them before I kill them. Have weak minions that pose nearly no threat just to add to the eeriness. Leave the door open to a parallel universe of my own creation practically daring anyone who wants my soul to come take it, if they think they're up for the challenge. But of course, my world, my rules. I'd be trying to use my own will to suppress any chance they had of slinging their best magic at me.

Maybe I'd have to cause a lot of trouble before I had this kind of power. Creating a universe, even one rather tiny, would take a lot of effort for a single mage... The words to do such a thing would surely require the potency of at least ten mages just to speak. So, I'd need ten mages... or at least their souls. I'd also need the willpower to control my realm once I'm in it, right? Maybe I'd even burn souls just to get the chance of building the world I wanted. Point is, once I'm in it, it's going to take a lot to get me out. Over my dead body, if you will. Anyone trapped in such a realm is completely at my mercy. Without a word, I could assume the horrible form given to me by the horrible world I inhabit.

Maybe an idea for a co-op boss system, at least. I'd like to see words that no normal out-of-the-box player could hope to cast, but would give them quite a powerful boost.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 01, 2014, 02:59:38 pm »

Huh. I didn't expect megalomaniacal ideas to kill the thread.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 01, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »

It's just sleeping.

I think the invisitext low-number of stats test went fairly well. Granted, it was Pure Physical vs Pure Magic, and ended with the magic user being torn apart by his own creations, but it went pretty well. So... In orange, this time.
Wanting 4 players.
The stats are Speed, Combat, Pool, and Potential. Combat and Potential are used to avoid or resist themselves, and stats add half their bonus to your rolls. 10 points to divide between them, no Fictitious, Hazardous, or Rare materials; any other words are fair game.
The Cyan Menace

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 01, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

Speed: 3
Combat: 2
Pool: 3
Potential: 2
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 65