Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132693 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #781 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:35 am »

Trying to determine both the function of a word and its point value may be quite a pain in an unknown word setting.
I have considered that too. Easiest way is just to give the target number for the spell when the player is rolling, so they can get an idea.

Another way is to have symbols which represent the degree of difficulty of each word next to the word, that way they can decipher it after some research.

Really though, since most people are probably gonna be trying out words 1 or two at a time, it shouldn't be TOO bad.

Hmm, actually I just thought of a reason to keep pool around. Hm.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 02, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »

Is Clockwork off-limits? If no:
Many Clockwork Large Firearm
((Oooooh, shoulda went with 4 pool.))
If yes:
Steel Mask Lock, while imagining a mask designed to force silence on the wearer that can be locked in place.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:34 pm »

Would runes/engravery work the same way with the pot dice pool?

Continuous effects?  They could just reduce your available pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #784 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:50 pm »

Would runes/engravery work the same way with the pot dice pool?

Continuous effects?  They could just reduce your available pool.
Yeah, that stuff would need a pot roll equal to the potency of the stuff you're engraving. Simple enough.

No. well, maybe. It all depends. I was thinking about ways to limit the number of spells per turn without just saying "YOU CAN ONLY DO ONE! EVEN OUTSIDE OF COMBAT! ONE!". Either pool OR letting people split up their potency dice amongst their spells for that turn.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:56 pm »

Well, pool in battle would add a strategic elements,you can't just go ZENTOL ZENTOL ZENTOL I CAST YOU TO THE PITS OF HELL every turn, it helped limit it, i think pool in battle should happen normally, but outside, you can cast spells and continue them through each turn outside of battle, in a way of dividing up the challenge, the pool would only restrict you to a certain number of spells a turn, so you could have a diamond golem that shoots eye lasers made of cats or whatever even if you have 1 pool! It would just take quite a few turns, that way more pool is for people who want to cast those spells NOW and can take the risk, but scientists who don't really kill can have a massive amount of words spread out amount many turns.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 03, 2014, 12:07:40 am »

Would transforming yourself into Black Biometal and/or Muramasa result in having to take rolls to suppress your body's desire to murder allies?
Would transforming yourself into Victorian result in having to take rolls to overpower your body's desire to avoid doing ungentlemanly things?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:10:48 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 03, 2014, 12:20:32 am »

I was just wondering, since it's not like pool had any effect, except in fights, and even then only to slow stuff down most of the time.
They also put a hard rather than soft limit on how big spells could get.
I prefer soft limits. You can get rid of Pool and I won't mourn it.

Meta shouts over to The Golden Mage, "Hey, Goldie, why don't we team up against these two?  We can have an honorable duel afterward."
"Acceptable."
"Gold Muramasa Dragon." Order it to attack the Flimsy Wizard.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 03, 2014, 01:43:00 am »

3/4 players actions in for "Orange test Turn 1". Waiting on: Flimsy, AKA Elephant Parade.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 03, 2014, 09:55:31 am »

Would transforming yourself into Victorian result in having to take rolls to overpower your body's desire to avoid doing ungentlemanly things?

[Will:2]  You realize you are inappropriately attired!  You find yourself summoning a frock coat and a hat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:21 am »

Wait for Tsuchigumo to speak, then run to him and punch his throat.  Tear it out if I roll high enough.

Actually, attack Flimsy wizard instead.  Throat-punching, of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #791 on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:33 pm »

Would transforming yourself into Black Biometal and/or Muramasa result in having to take rolls to suppress your body's desire to murder allies?
Yep.

Not sure. You might just have to control your desire to indulge in global imperialism. Ahhhh heart of darkness galleons firing into the jungle in a fever dream ahhhh TELL ME ABOUT INDIA!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 03, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »

Gasoline Fire Electricity Ball, aimed at GWG.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 03, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »

Speed[4+2]v[6+0]v[2+1.5]v[4+1]
Potential[1]v[4+2]...[3]
A big burst of fire and electricity appears in front of Flimsy... but is highly unstable and expands erratically. He is left burned beyond recognition (again), but only superficially.
Speed[5+2] Combat[5+3]v[4+1]
Meta leaps off his platform, climbs the steel cables up to Tsuchi's, and delivers a frightening punch to the wizard's throat. As Tsuchi is knocked down, Meta tears his fist away, taking much skin with it.
Potential[2+2]v[5]
The object which Golden Mage summons is less than satisfactory. A golden figurine of a Chinese dragon, it's face twisted in rage, with some particularly sharp scales and fine detail, about the size of a pop can. However, it is just a figurine, and does not respond to his command to attack.
Potential[4+1] Combat[4+1]v[3+0] (Clockwork is complex, but not one of the categories I banned. Dropped "many")
Tsuchi successfully summons a very satisfying weapon, however, even with his throat bleeding. A veritable cannon, parts made of gears and springs, with a barrel large enough to fit a person. A gravity fed hopper holds 4 brass cannon balls, and a large crank on the side appears to load, prime, and fire them.
He wastes no time getting up and firing it at the person on his platform, who dodges out of the way but is knocked down and off the platform by the shockwave. He lands on the larger platform left arm first, and he can hear the bone break.
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:58 am »

Pick up and throw attempted Pokemon at Flimsy Wizard.

"Black-Biometal Shotgun-Blast!" (Also at Flimsy.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65