Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49814 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2013, 12:30:46 am »

Really? I died every single time I tried docking at a privateer/neutral/whatever space station if I wasn't already in front of and in the docking lane. I also died a couple times to asteroids before I just decided to manually pilot every time asteroids got anywhere close by.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:03 am »

Note, turning on SETA is a bad idea if you're relying on the AI to do anything usefull.

Especially if you're on a slightly slower computer.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2013, 03:40:02 am »

Yeah, I found out that Seta x10/x6 (because it happened at both settings) was my issue, even though I don't have a slow computer. That's still something that was wrong with the X3 games: time acceleration is necessary in (some) space sims where travel can take a very long time at normal speeds, so the AI should be able to manage at any designed time acceleration. However, given how dynamic the games could be, it was understandable that AI path glitching could have been hard to handle. Now that it's less dynamic, that might be fixed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2013, 04:43:49 am »

SETA is nothing more than just increasing the intervals between every check by 10, which has predictable effects on the AI.

Luckily, SETA is out of the game now, and replaced by a proper boosting option.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2013, 06:28:46 am »

Who else is massively excited for the release today? :D
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2013, 07:21:43 am »

Who else is massively excited for the release today? :D
I wouldn't say massively excited, but I am interested. I'm downloading it now apparently.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2013, 08:10:04 am »

Was super excited about pre-loading so I could play the game ASAP (considering it was a birthday present and came out way after my birthday). It really helps because I have a terrible connection. Been counting down the hours and minutes until I could play it. I set my alarm to wake up when it was released so I could play it.

Game is released (an hour ago). Steam seems to be bugging because I can't play it. Still says unreleased and pre-load complete.
Restart Steam to fix the issue. I notice that I have updates pending.
~200MB Update for X Rebirth. Okay, whatever. I figured there was something like this to happen on release even though they said the pre-load was all you needed. That's cool. I can deal with that.
Finishes an hour later.
I go to launch the game.
X Rebirth has another update. Another 500 MB. ~1.5 hours till I can play after the first hour.

I just...
ugh

I know it's not that much time but I'm just so bummed from this.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2013, 08:18:44 am »

The game doesn't seem to like multiple monitors. It keeps minimizing on me. Annoying.

Edit:

Finally got it to start after disabling my side monitors. Game is alright. The voice acting on the campaign is painful. I'm still unfamiliar with getting the radar up but I really wish we could have some sort of local map in the HUD. The game almost feels cluttered around stations. I think they heard everyone saying the wanted universe that felt more "alive" and now it feels like Wal-Mart on Black Friday.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:18:59 am by Tobel »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2013, 08:40:39 am »

Been playing, and it's pretty fun; some definite UI improvements, that's for sure. However, it seems really poorly optimised, as I get a choppy framerate whenever I look at a populated area, no matter my display settings.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2013, 08:42:25 am »

I pre-ordered a physical copy and it's still "Processing in Warehouse" with an estimated delivery time of 6-7 days, despite claims they dispatch pre-ordered games a couple days before release  :-\

(on the other hand, I got it for £25 which is almost a 40% discount vs Steam et al, so I can't complain too loudly).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2013, 10:10:47 am »

The egosoft forum is apparently under too much strain.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2013, 10:58:58 am »

Now would be a bad time to boot X3 and go find some mods because mods are on the forum. Why would you boot up X3? To kill time before the first couple patches for Rebirth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2013, 11:20:01 am »

Why does the hype hit me in the head like a brick when I realize this is released? hnnng

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2013, 11:38:49 am »

Now would be a bad time to boot X3 and go find some mods because mods are on the forum. Why would you boot up X3? To kill time before the first couple patches for Rebirth.

Well i managed to scavenge some mods off my HD (from the bin i forgot to empty since the last format).
Also i'm playing X3 till they patch that bug that makes ship switching impossible.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2013, 11:43:34 am »

Well i managed to scavenge some mods off my HD (from the bin i forgot to empty since the last format).
Also i'm playing X3 till they patch that bug that makes ship switching impossible.

If you taking about rebirth staying in one ship is a feature...
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28