Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49828 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2013, 05:27:05 pm »

I don't really understand the hate. From what I understand you can remotely control ships. I imagine this will place you into a first person like environment similar to how "really" flying a ship would be. Is it just the idea that you are not "physically" in a ship?

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2013, 05:32:05 pm »

I don't give a damn about the one ship thing. You can upgrade your ship and you can even land your ship and command a capital ship. Good enough for me. Maybe because I'm a trader and not really a fighter.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2013, 05:58:45 pm »

I don't give a damn about the one ship thing. You can upgrade your ship and you can even land your ship and command a capital ship. Good enough for me. Maybe because I'm a trader and not really a fighter.

Trading on a galactic level requires multiple ships. What you like to be is a cart driver going from small town to small town. One ship is perfectly fine for that. One ship is also perfectly fine for being a fighter.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:25 pm »

As far as I understand you can have all the trading ships you want in your fleet. You just can't fly them.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2013, 06:13:20 pm »

I don't really understand the hate. From what I understand you can remotely control ships. I imagine this will place you into a first person like environment similar to how "really" flying a ship would be. Is it just the idea that you are not "physically" in a ship?

X3: Come across new ship. Cooooool, that thing looks awesome. *want* *get* "Fukken sweeeeeeeeet!"
Rebirth: Come across new ship. Cooooool, that thing looks awesome. *want* *can not has* :(

That's basically why I think it sucks... and no, just ordering it around isn't the same as flying it.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2013, 06:25:27 pm »

X3: Come across new ship. Cooooool, that thing looks awesome. *want* *get* "Fukken sweeeeeeeeet!"
Rebirth: Come across new ship. Cooooool, that thing looks awesome. *want* *can not has* :(

That's basically why I think it sucks... and no, just ordering it around isn't the same as flying it.
That wont stay forever like that im quite sure on that.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

looks like my little plan was fucked up, e.e no support for XP 32 bits?.....dammit, D: i dont know if the graphics card of the other computer can run that game..... T_T

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »

looks like my little plan was fucked up, e.e no support for XP 32 bits?.....dammit, D: i dont know if the graphics card of the other computer can run that game..... T_T

I assume said other computer is a laptop? Thus why you cannot remove videocard from ye olde 32 bit and install on 64 bit?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »

I assume said other computer is a laptop? Thus why you cannot remove videocard from ye olde 32 bit and install on 64 bit?

this PC is fine as it is, i've played several titles here, and i've never actually needed the other PC, its not a laptop, 1 tera of hard disk, ati card (the same that comes with the whole thing) win 7 official and other shit. i've played up to EVE Online (full graphics) with the old PC and i wouldnt like to make the shift yet, unless my dad really has to buy another......

one PC is for my mother's works, the other is for me and my brother,  if there's need for a new machine we buy one, but this isnt a real need. so i can stick to the old machine, i was expecting to see a 32 bit client. well at least i can hope the other PC can launch it with low settings.....

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:32 pm »

Sooo i took a good read at the manual and something got me worried hard....
*An icon will be visible as to where you can build a station, fly to it and
interact with it and select “build” from the menu.*
Soooo we can only build station at pre-determined place now? Or am i reading it wrong? i do hope im wrong because right now im getting a bit worried on multipled front, only 5 main weapon, 5-6 missile type, only one pilotable ship, drone range limit, trading good seems to be limited too, i really do hope the game will receive much more content because right now im scared.. i feel like its a COD version of the X-Series, everything for the eyes, some good gameplay mecanics, but shallow with not much content. Dont mix content and gameplay system, by content im talking about choice variaties in weapons, missiles, and so on.

Ok good station are big ass and complex, now more akin to space cities, but PLEASEEEE if i want to build my station in the middles of an asterod field like in X-3 LET ME, dont hard lock the location... if they are, i hope they gonna be able to change that with modding....

Edit: Also i tried finding the
Modifying X Rebirth
section they said in the manual, found nothing about that...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:34:12 pm by jocan2003 »
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:10 pm »

I am fairly certain the devs said predetermined station locations within the last month in a video.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2013, 07:56:22 pm »

I am fairly certain the devs said predetermined station locations within the last month in a video.
I must have missed it... im quite disapointed really...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2013, 08:25:56 pm »

It's not surprising with the way NPC traffic is handled. They don't seem smart enough to find docks even at the level X3 handled it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2013, 11:38:14 pm »

You can remote control drones. Drones =/= ships. I really do wish people would stop acting like this hasn't been done before in an X game, though.

It's not surprising with the way NPC traffic is handled. They don't seem smart enough to find docks even at the level X3 handled it.

I wonder if this is the compromise for being able to handle all the pathing glitches that caused AI to die and the player to be pathed into stations. You lose flexibility but gain reliable pathing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:40:58 pm by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:17 pm »

I wonder if this is the compromise for being able to handle all the pathing glitches that caused AI to die and the player to be pathed into stations. You lose flexibility but gain reliable pathing.

Pathing into stations wasn't that common. It was more common to end up in a loop of fly to and away from the backside of a dock.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28