Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49822 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2013, 12:51:59 am »

Well in fact you dont switch ship per say in the new rebirth, you need a mining ship with you and you simply *tag* asteroid for the mining barge to pick up. Your job is to find asteroid, break it up into managable piece, then you tag them... thats it....

While it is quite simplistic i *think* you can gather a few ore into the albion skunk for early game mining, not sure tho, i think i remember seeing something about an ore collection mode in the main menu in the latest video about space exploration.

In any case, ill be happy once the game is released even if some feature/gameplay element isnt quite right in my book because i consider this release like the X-Beyond frontier release, the first of a new serie and we all know where that first game got the game/franchise into, if im disapointed i know the next exapnsion will mostly cover my disapointment or the community will make mods that will make the game even more enjoyable.

Speaking of wich, i do know there will be scripting using a language similar to the mission editor and also use XML in some place, but i wonder how open to modding the game will be. Man im going to sink so much time into that scripting once its out... not even funny.... Spent weeks creating scripts to help me manage my fleet and newly built ship in the past in X3-reunion and AP.

Can't you come out already? god dammit....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:30 pm »

That reminds me of Independence War 2, you shoot at the cargo ships and your buddy warps in and starts collecting the crates.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2013, 07:14:34 pm »

Pre-loading now available on Steam.  :D
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2013, 07:45:26 pm »

Call me insane but i wish to be capable of personally piloting a mining barge and watching as my tiny little slave drones fly around my TL and mining asteroids (there was a mod that basically allowed to transform a TL into a large mobile ore/silicon mine that mined things via specialized drones.
Not to mention things like MARS that literally transformed any capship into a (Drone) carrier.

Of course i doubt there are many people as demented as me who would actually manage to take pleasure in watching drones scoot between your ship and an asteroid field slowly filling up your cargo bay.
Clearly anyone who played as miner in eve online would like the same thing as you.

well from what i saw in the mining video that's exactly what you can do, you just dont need an specialized ship to do it, just refit your skunk, it actually gives meaning to have a single ship, being able to modify it as you want, and actually getting used to know your ship's pros and cons depending on how do you fit it.....makes me remember Evochron Mercenary for that matter (althought you can have more than one ship in that game), or, the best analogue is playing somethink akin to EVE but with a single T3 ship and hundreds if not millions of modifications for it, from industry, to exploration, to combat, etcetera....

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »

I really think the Albion will be a ship that you form an attachment with, like the Normandy or the Enterprise. Also, does anyone know if there's any planetary ops, like EVE?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »

It looks like a corvette from Homeworld 2.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:41 pm »

It looks like a corvette from Homeworld 2.
Nah oversized scout fighter thing

Edit: Well after carefull thinking corvette with the scout fore section.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2013, 04:52:39 pm »

I really think the Albion will be a ship that you form an attachment with, like the Normandy or the Enterprise.

I never got attached to the Normandy. It was just a ship going from point A to Point B.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »

I really think the Albion will be a ship that you form an attachment with, like the Normandy or the Enterprise. Also, does anyone know if there's any planetary ops, like EVE?
Pretty sure there won't be. There might be stations or sectors set in the upper atmosphere though.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2013, 04:55:52 pm »

Launch trailer up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ehk2eSli_8#t=68

Looks like it's unlocked on steam at around 7am est? A bit odd. I'm used to steam sales opening PST, but I think they're in Germany.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:14 pm »

We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2013, 05:03:55 pm »

Launch trailer up:

Looks like it's unlocked on steam at around 7am est? A bit odd. I'm used to steam sales opening PST, but I think they're in Germany.

I think so, and I always love their trailers' music. I think it's always the same guys who does it.

I played all X except for the first one, and didn't finish X3 Albion Prelude because I didn't have the time.
But I hope this one achieves all the potential the series could achieve, and the terrible, rough issues of the past get solved..  :P

I had lots of fun with this series.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2013, 05:08:40 pm »

SO IT HAS COME TO THIS.

...that is, I really want to play this but I'm a cheapskate. :P If only developers posted release dates for price drops.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »

Launch trailer up:

Here's a bunch of gorgeous ships. You can't fly any of them. If that makes you angry you can blow them up.

It'll be a different X game for sure.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

So... wheres the cheapest place to buy it for £££s?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28