Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)  (Read 23237 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Starting up!)
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 04:31:38 am »

If I sign up, can I drive a USMW?

Ah, yes, I didn't mention this. You'd have to be pure, squishy human, or atleast able to pass as such. I mean, you have the USMW to protect you, but your chances outside it might not be the highest. But yes, you can.

Am i allowed to put in both a human and enemy application seeing as im gonna be waitlisted?
your appearance isn't exactly gonna let you go unnoticed and without actually being Ancient-blooded you're only going to be a superhuman and probably weaker in some aspects than the rest.
What if it was chimaeras blood that allowed the transformation in the first place?

I'm not sure I follow. Was there an Ancient called a chimaera? From your app I'm only getting that you were mixed together with animal life of Earth with the power of Science!.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 06:20:07 am »

He might have been suggesting a bit of shady retcon to his own sheet. Like you made Adwarf do originally. I think.

EDIT: Also, I just thought of a question, and I feel dumb for not thinking of it before-hand. What does my Vanguard Carapace look like, and how extensive are my self-shaping abilities?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:21:43 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2013, 06:21:40 am »

If I sign up, can I drive a USMW?

Ah, yes, I didn't mention this. You'd have to be pure, squishy human, or atleast able to pass as such. I mean, you have the USMW to protect you, but your chances outside it might not be the highest. But yes, you can.
I wouldn't have it any other way! Sheet incoming! :D

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2013, 06:26:21 am »

EDIT: Also, I just thought of a question, and I feel dumb for not thinking of it before-hand. What does my Vanguard Carapace look like, and how extensive are my self-shaping abilities?

IIRC, it wasn't visible all the time, just popping through your skin every now and then - but anyway, it's black/dark blue, glistening and seems to be ever-shifting, blurring, rolling over itself in place like molten metal. That might be an optical illusion - people generally don't like to touch it. I suggest experimentation for your flesh-shaping abilities, either on yourself or others.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2013, 06:30:03 am »

From what I had gathered from what little time I had, it seemed like it was mostly under control and came out under stress/other influences. Also, huzzah... time to experiment on AUGMENTING myself for great results! SCIENCE! Out of curiosity, does my carapace do anything other than make people go "My god, a MONSTER!" when looking at me?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2013, 06:38:13 am »

You've just as durable while it's hidden, so not really. I mean, sure, you could probably cover your face with it to conceal your identity, or carve notes to yourself into it. The only limit is your IMAGINATION.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2013, 06:39:47 am »

Great. Think I could drive a squishy mortal insane by turning on fear aura + intimidationg w/ carapace? :P

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 06:41:14 am »

I doubt you need both, if it wasnt so against cala's personality, I would SO mutate a squishy mortal and see what happened
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2013, 07:03:52 am »

Name: Rick Neil Ronin
Nationality: United States
Shackled Type: Er.
Ancient Type: Human? Human.
Description: A thin, olive toned man with close-cropped brown hair. Commander of the USMW Altar Rainbow. Has fine, sharp features and dim blue eyes that project a steely gaze. Talks very little, and makes his words count. This can make him seem curt, brash and rather obtrusive off the cuff, and few understand him enough to see the sincerity and heart behind his actions. This along with his unwillingness to allow sacrifice of human life has earned him an unsavoury reputation with his superiors, and the only reason they grudgingly deploy him is because of his inherent instincts and raw skill. Outside of his suit, he still manages to maintain an overwhelming physical prowess (at least for a human) due to his daily personal combat training regimens. He often trains with his comrades in arms, including fellow Walkers as well as base personnel who are as passionate as he is about maintaining a strong body.

Superweapon Type: USMW
Superweapon Name/Title/Codename: USMW-4 Altar Rainbow
Superweapon Description: Prototype bipedal mechanical walker. Humanoid in appearance. Possesses thick limbs and the toughest armour yet of the Walker-4 combat series. Other than the extra bulk and improved engines and gyroscopic capabilities, the walker possesses few things different from any other modular walker.

PPWs are a new kind of weapon, capable of launching a massed beam of superheated energy instantaneously into a target, and Altar Rainbow was selected to carry one such weapon into combat when it passed the CTE (controlled testing environment) trials, code named "Cannon Prime", a named earned due to the sheer size of the weapon (over a metre in length). The weapon is comprised of four long prong-like rods extending from the particle collection apparatus, which gathers and focuses the energy which is then directed using special force fields generated by the rods.

The weapon is extremely deadly and pinpoint accurate, but temperamental, and requires a bulky coolant system which has yet to be perfected and tends to fail seemingly at random.

Aside from this, Altar Rainbow is also equipped with an upgraded version of the recently perfected Aegis Force Field System. Its much more efficient than the original version, and doesn't interfere with nearby solid mass when enabled, so walker teams will no more have to be concerned with collateral damage when activating the system in populated areas, though some more 'creative' pilots and commanders have protested at it's uses during close combat.

Unfortunately the powerplant is not sufficient to keep the shield up whilst simultaneously firing Cannon Prime, thus there is a period of vulnerability when using the weapon.

Altar Rainbow carries deployable recon drones for scouting when unsupported.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2013, 07:25:15 am »

SUCCESS! I have found an greek god capable of shapeshifting.

Proteus is an early sea god capable of telling the future who often changes form in order to avoid having to do so and it is said he will only tell the future to those able to catch him.

Now for the shady retcon to make my character not be weak and gain a spidey-sense.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2013, 08:42:18 am »

-snip-

Looks good, though I'm not sure I can promise you those weapons will be quite as effective as you've been told in training. Also, keep in mind that the Rainbows are not Ancient-killers - atleast, usually - but rather support vehicles for conventional forces as they battle the spawn and armies of the Ancients. You're good in that role, but taking on the Ancients themselves might prove a bit more tricky. Especially given the results of my combat test that pitted USMWs Yankee Green and Patriot Blue against a single Star God of the smallest type and which ended with both USMWs in smoking lumps of metal and burnt bodies and a very much triumphant Angel.

(That is, a USMW-1 and a -2 lost handily, you are not recommended to try your luck. Stick with the little... uhh, sorry, smaller-ish baddies.)

*whistling* Just waiting for Tiruin and Caellath here, really.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2013, 08:50:02 am »

Iiiinnnn.

Spoiler: Enemy Sheet >:C (click to show/hide)
I wonder what this is a reference to, hurr hurr.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:52:07 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2013, 11:09:52 am »

Spoiler: Repost, Alexei Zielkov (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2013, 12:38:53 pm »

SarCha still hungers.  Also, made a few changes, so don't read if you like surprises.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2013, 12:46:50 pm »

Very good. With Tiruin's app in, I've started writing the first post. Word count at 2 players done: 1831. With a bit of effort, I can become the nameless horror that spews forth walls of text like no tomorrow again. It's good I get to uphold some traditions around here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16