Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)  (Read 23172 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Starting up!)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 12:57:22 pm »

Here is a dude to kill. Might need to be having change depending on stuff.

Name: The Bishop of Detroit
Enemy Type: Titan (Inhabited form)
Form/Description: The Bishop of Detroit, a Inhabitated Form Titan that is covered by a large industrial park. It is roughly 500 meters tall and two kilometers wide on each side. It is shaped mostly like a 300 meter tall slab that is slightly wider and deeper at the top then at the bottom. From the bottom of the slab protrude six large column legs, roughly 300 meters in diameter and 200 meters tall. The top part of it is covered in a large military looking industrial complex, bristling with gun emplacement, air strips, cannons, and missile silos.

The North American Order of the Blue Chevron. The Order of the Chevron was a ancient cult based in western Europe, primary France and England. It's start and original purpose are lost to time, but what is known is that it was based around the knowledge of the Titans and has spent hundreds of searching for and researching them. In the late sixteenth century there was a ideological split between those who worshiped the titans and wanted to awaken them to bring about their own personal rapture (Known as the Blue Chevrons), and those who wanted to study and control the titans and wake them up for their own use, mostly in the crazy megalomania take over the world sense. (Known as the Red Chevrons.) Eventually this progressed into a full blown secret cult war, and by the early seventeenth century the Reds had gathered so much strength that the Blues were forced to flee across the sea to the new world. Once in the new world though they established themselves well as The North American Order of the Blue Chevron and were eventually able to undertake their mission to find, study, wake up and worship titans once again. They were partly successful in this mission, finding several sleeping titans. But unable to wake them up the Order settled down to research and try to find a way to awaken them. The fort that would eventually become Detroit was founded by one such Blue Chevron (sorry French people if I just called one of your national heroes a crazy cultist. But hell, I've never heard this guy. I bet he totally was a cultist), although eventually the Order lost much political control over the fort and city they still kept a large presence in the area and it eventually became the center of cult activity in north America.

Once the Awakening started the cult realized that the titans were waking on their own and so the cult tried to hurry this awaking with half forgotten rituals and guess work. This went spectacularly badly in almost all cases, in many cases the whole of the cult in that area was wiped out by the awaking titan and even in places where the cultists survived they found the titans to be less like gods and more like giant entities that are totally uncaring of your veneration and would rather just step on you then go around. Somewhat of a exception to this was the Detroit titan, who had a relatively gentle awakening, simply standing straight up and pulling a chunk of the city with it. Massive destruction of course, but relatively little loss of life. The cult was even able to make contact with the Titan, and once it was appraised of the situation on earth, of the invasion of the Star Gods and the Abyssals, which the titan views as abominations that must be destroyed, the cult was able to make a deal with the Titan. The cult will help it in it's war against the invaders, and in return they will be allowed to live and it won't take any action that is clearly deadly to them, like walking into a lake.

With the help of resources stored against this day and a influx of survivors from the other cult centers the Blue Chevron has transformed the society of survivors on the titan into a Theocracy, where they rule with a Iron fist. Their goal is to wipe out the Star Gods and the Abyssals and bring all of humanity into the fold. The Bishops only Goal is to wipe the abominations from the face of the earth. It does not care for or about Humanity very much, mainly it views humanity as nothing more then a threat to it's goals. Harboring abominations among their ranks and occasionally getting in it's way. (something backed up by the fact that the only communication with the Bishop is from the Cult, who want it to think of Humanity this way)

Over the past six months the industrial area on it's back has been reenforced and retooled to build a multitude of weaponry, human designed but powered by and created with materials from the Titan. Some of these weapons are human controlled, but the more powerful and exotic ones have been built directly connected to the Titan.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 01:32:45 pm »

Gimme a slot on the character wait-list.
I'll be editing in some sort of character in here in a bit. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 03:16:16 pm »

Spoiler: Gray (click to show/hide)

I'll be playing Gray again. Not as unstable as originally he was, though.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 03:20:54 pm »

@Talarion: Aww, here I was hoping to see you drive more innocent scientists mad with your outbursts. Stabilty's all good, but there's one thing you won't be able to get rid of, bwahahaa...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 03:32:27 pm »

Oh, He will still be unstable. He just won't be AS unstable. :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 03:45:52 pm »

and BAM so glad this is back

Name: Calla (will change if I need a weirder one)
Nationality: Dutch
Shackled Type: Hybrid ("Naturally occurring")
Ancient Type: Abyssal(Great Mother)(if chosen)
Physical Description:(I am trying to go for weird-but-only-if-you-look-close for this character, she was able to survive in human society after all, but of course being part lovecraftian horror, she has to be weird)
At first glance Calla appears normal, 1 and a half meters tall, Dark eyes, Dark brown, waist length hair and fair skin, not too bad looking either, but then you look closer. Her eyes are constantly and slowly changing colour From Dark-Dark purple, to Deep Sea blue, to Jet black, and back. If you look closely at her hair, it is not normal either, as you can see spots where they dye is coming off, or was not applied correctly, you can see traces  of dark purple showing, and if you feel it, it does not quite feel like hair, slightly more fleshy, and the locks of hair, stick together a lot more than they should.
Let her get distracted or very angry, and it becomes a little  more obvious, the pupils of her eves turn into Double slits (think cat eyes, but with a horizontal slit as well), and her hair takes on a life of it's own, Writhing and sometimes even rising above her head, with the individual locks acting like individual tentacles.

Other Physiological traits:
Eats noticeably more than someone of her age, size, weight should and is not putting on weight as a result
Can sleep for extended periods if outside stimulus does not wake her up
Can forgo sleep for extended periods, with the only symptom being that she needs to eat even more
Instead of blood, she has a thick purple Ichor
Wounds do not clot, but after a second, her Ichor does not leave the wound
Wounds simply close up after less time than a normal human would require (she is thankful for this, as she might otherwise have needed to go to the doctor, where she would be under more scrutiny than she would like)
Has not contracted any illnesses that a normal human would
She is not even sure that she has all the same organs as a human, or if they are in the right places.

Psychological Description (probably not going to be as wacky, because her mind needs to be relatively human to be on the good guys team, also i normaly like the psychology to evolve as I play)

More prone than normal to getting angry, she tries to suppress it
Her dreams are dark and seductive, she tries not to sleep much
She tends to not try to be in the limelight, and makes herself appear less important than she is.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 04:03:25 pm »

Hey ho, Calla gets some multiple-choice questions;

1. Guadapari. You made it to the church and took the Trident of Asphodel, an ancient Atlantean weapon of reverse-engineered Deep One technology. The attack on the city was well underway and it was proving obvious the military's efforts would not be enough. The Fellowship told you 'not to activate the weapon at this stage', and you;
   a) Ignored the order and began using the Trident. You called down lightning and the creature answered with bombardment and fire - but in the end, you drove it back into the depths.
   b) Acknowledged the order and kept the Trident out of sight. The city was lost, the remains of the military routing in disorder under the Ancient's aura of terror.
2. After;
   a) You returned to Stirling with the Trident. The Fellowship was cruel, secretive, but they seemed the best chance for survival for humanity.
   b) You offered the weapon and your aid to the Brazilian military. The more they knew about their enemy, the better their chances, and you had no intention of going back to the Fellowship.
   c) You knew you wanted nothing to do with either of them. Slipping away in the night, you stayed as far away from the Fellowship and the military as you could, making use of your talents to stay under the radar.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 04:06:28 pm »

Hey ho, Calla gets some multiple-choice questions;

1. Guadapari. You made it to the church and took the Trident of Asphodel, an ancient Atlantean weapon of reverse-engineered Deep One technology. The attack on the city was well underway and it was proving obvious the military's efforts would not be enough. The Fellowship told you 'not to activate the weapon at this stage', and you;
   a) Ignored the order and began using the Trident. You called down lightning and the creature answered with bombardment and fire - but in the end, you drove it back into the depths.
   b) Acknowledged the order and kept the Trident out of sight. The city was lost, the remains of the military routing in disorder under the Ancient's aura of terror.
2. After;
   a) You returned to Stirling with the Trident. The Fellowship was cruel, secretive, but they seemed the best chance for survival for humanity.
   b) You offered the weapon and your aid to the Brazilian military. The more they knew about their enemy, the better their chances, and you had no intention of going back to the Fellowship.
   c) You knew you wanted nothing to do with either of them. Slipping away in the night, you stayed as far away from the Fellowship and the military as you could, making use of your talents to stay under the radar.

1: A
2: B

Which is actually fairly close to what I was planing anyway, I am just sorry there was no (killed sterling in her sleep) option
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 04:09:05 pm »

Well, you might get the chance, but Stirling is just a poor, brainwashed woman not bright enough to question some things. I think you'd be better off venting your rage at the old men you glimpsed on the council. Or, y'know, the Ancients.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 04:10:33 pm »

That is True, but remember it was very emotional for Cala, and Stirling was there she was obvious, don't worry though she probably wants to tear the foundation down as well.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 04:26:34 pm »

So uhh, whatever happened to poor old Fisher? It was Doctor Fisher, right?

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »

He probably recovered. Eventually. And promptly requested reassignment to another facility (and not just because the old one was on fire - we'll get to that later). Somewhere where he doesn't have to deal with unstable superhumans, many of who are teenagers.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 04:38:03 pm »

Poor guy. Probably for the best.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 04:44:18 pm »

Spoiler: Alfonz Wulfric (click to show/hide)

I wanna bring back Alfonz, that is if you have no objections DH :)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »

Any MC questions for me? Most of what I remember from last game is that I crashed a helicopter with my body.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16