Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Only War: Warband IC  (Read 8458 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband IC
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »

Novumus, hearing the sounds of weapon maintenance, lets go of his mechadendrite, then approaches Harmon.
"Do-do you want any help?"

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »

Avos begins to check his weapons, inciting the correct divination, and the corect prayers as he does so. After he finishes, he gets up and reports to the sergeant.
"Sir, I believe I am done, may I take my leave now?"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2013, 11:05:52 pm »

Belensh walks out of the sideroom to respond to Avos' request as he stands by the door. His eyes narrow. "You are quite good at the maintenance rituals, I see, to finish so quickly." He closes his eyes for a few seconds, tension on his face, before it relaxes. "Fine. Go. You are dismissed. Report back at 9 o'clock. My men will not skirt the curfew."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2013, 11:16:43 pm »

Novumus, hearing the sounds of weapon maintenance, lets go of his mechadendrite, then approaches Harmon.
"Do-do you want any help?"
"I am capable of performing the rites of maintenance myself, Tech Priest, as all Guardsmen should be, but the blessings of an adept of the Omnissiah are always welcome."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »

Avos salutes, and turns to leave. He strides out and sees if he will be able to catch up with the guardsmen they met earlier.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2013, 01:10:04 am »

Hos rolls his eyes at the thought of going to the pub, then he realizes it's fate. He could try to strengthen their resolve and faith.

"I'll go with you, but I don't drink."

Go to the pub and try to preach and encourage the Guardsmen or other pubgoers to fulfill their full potential in the eyes of the Emperor.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2013, 01:54:15 am »

Novumus gave a jerking, mechanical nod, before sitting down.
"Yes, of course."
He moved to grab the gun, but quickly stopped, taking his hand back after it got halfway across the table.
"May I see it, please?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2013, 02:08:09 am »

Aleksandr leaves for the pub as well, bringing his armor and weapons with him.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2013, 03:00:40 am »

"Of course, Techpriest. Just let me finish this rite. Unless you meant the Melta?"
Harmon finishes what he was doing, and either passes the Melta to the Techpriest or completes the rite and passes the carbine to the Techpriest.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »

"Of course, Techpriest. Just let me finish this rite. Unless you meant the Melta?"
Harmon finishes what he was doing, and either passes the Melta to the Techpriest or completes the rite and passes the carbine to the Techpriest.
"I'll just see the melta for now then."
Novumus takes the Melta with care, his mechadendrite extending over his shoulder and onto the gun, probing it. His mechadendrite extends a small dissasembly tool, and he carefully removes some pieces, examining what's inside, occasionally spraying a small amount of holy oils into it. He then reassembles it with equal care, before handing it back to Harmon.
"Very well maintained. Especially considering how ill-equipped you are for the task. Would you like me to look at the carbine as well?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:59 pm »

"I'll just see the melta for now then."
Novumus takes the Melta with care, his mechadendrite extending over his shoulder and onto the gun, probing it. His mechadendrite extends a small dissasembly tool, and he carefully removes some pieces, examining what's inside, occasionally spraying a small amount of holy oils into it. He then reassembles it with equal care, before handing it back to Harmon, giving him another short nod.
"Good condition. Especially considering how ill-equipped you are for the task. Would you like me to look at the carbine as well?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2013, 06:18:35 pm »

"Eh, guess I'll head to the pub too."
Putri boredly follows the others to the pub.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2013, 07:28:30 pm »

The sharp sound of the Commissar's firm step is heard behind Putri as he falls into line behind her. "I will join you as well. I may examine our regiment tomorrow, but this is a precious opportunity to gather some information." he says calmly. He has left almost his entire equipment behind except what he can easily carry around - chainsword, bolt pistol & ammo included, of course.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2013, 07:43:55 pm »

Avos, Aleksandr, Hos, Putri, Knoll

You all rush to catch up with Wilfried as he exits the building, slowly making his way back to the market you were in prior. He turns around when he notices you all behind him, and grins widely. "Ah, looks like you're all not as boring as I thought you'd be!" he exclaims, before casting a brief glance at Hos and Knoll. "Erh, didn't expect you two to be coming along...but hey, the more the merrier right?" he says a tad bit nervously, before grinning again. Small talk is exchanged as you make your way to the bar, with him pointing making a few bad jokes and greeting a few locals while you walk.

Pushing your way through another crowd, he motions for you to stop and points ahead. In front of you is a small building, overflowing with guardsmen from both your regiment and the local regiments on the planet. Soldiers walk in and out, most of them carrying drinks with them. A small group of men are playing some sort of dice-game in the alleyway, cheering when someone wins and laughing when someone loses. Wilfried leads you inside, pushing open the sturdy wooden door and stepping inside. You follow him, and you're immediately greeted by the old-fashioned interior of a bar, with various pieces of furniture ranging from modern metal tables, to aging wooden chairs. Near the side of the room stands a counter, where a middle aged old man and a young, plainly dressed woman are serving drinks to the crowds of guardsmen inside. "Damn, more people in here than usual. Give me a minute to find the squad, in the mean time relax! Try to get a drink, I bet you folks haven't even had a drop of any good alcohol in weeks!" And with that, Wilfried disappears into the crowd, leaving you in the generally foreign atmosphere of the bar.

Novumus, Harmon, Belensh
With most of the squad gone, the atmosphere inside the barrack is considerably much more quiet and peaceful. It seems not much in particular is going on here, but then again you do have quite a bit of time to do with as you please. You wouldn't be surprised if a Departmento Munitorium tent was set up somewhere nearby, and there's no doubt you could find something appealing to your interests somewhere else.

Spoiler: PCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:47:10 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2013, 08:15:40 pm »

"Many of these men seem to have a misguided idea of what means to be a guardsman." Knoll says to the nearby members of the squad as he stands amidst the crowd like an island of stern reverence to the Imperium due to the commissarial attire, his brow imperceptibly furrowing under his tall cap. "And no, I do not mean their taste for entertainment. I may explain it later, but for now you would probably do good by sharing experiences."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10