Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Only War: Warband IC  (Read 8461 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband IC
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »

Hos follows his squad.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2013, 10:21:03 pm »

Harmon turns his head when he hears the throat clearing, briefly looking at the Commissar questioningly, before turning back to his study of the surrounding terrain, noting landmarks, potential sniper positions, alleys and more.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2013, 12:59:02 pm »

Belensh looks around carefully, noting insignias and ranks, uniforms and soldiers, rather than the terrain. He can tell Harmon is doing that, and he has a different type of information which he needs to compile. "We go to Viegand Terrace. Unless one of you has a better idea, and the money for it?" He says the last harshly, and most should be able to easily tell he is not looking for someone to speak up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2013, 01:20:23 pm »

Knoll's response to Harmon's questioning look is a nod in the general direction of Putri as she returns to the line proper. His move did show results, though he can't exactly blame anyone for being distracted by the sights after so much time knowing only the increasingly-polluted skies of their homeworld and, more recently, the chaos of warfare.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2013, 05:13:30 pm »

Avos shrugs in response to the sergeants question, and opens his mouth to answer, but thinks better of it and shuts up. As the squad moves out he falls into line beside Alek and strikes up small talk.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

Squad

Ignoring the rather tempting ideal of going off to enjoy yourself at a local pub for now, you spot a sign pointing towards Veigand's Terrace. It would be rather odd to go off drinking when your lugging multiple heavy weapons along with you, after all. More walking follows as you nudge your way through the large crowd, with most strangers you come across staring at you with awe. Although once you pass through the market and near the gate leading to the terrace, the crowd of civilians soon lessens until all that's left are a few other guardsmen squads going about their business and heading either back to the Terrace, or towards the Market. Making your way past the large, ornate stone gate and up the steps that leads into the Veigand's Terrace, you initially notice the lack of civilian presence in general. Many buildings that look like they used to be someone's home now resembles more of a soldier's barrack than anything, with any furniture removed and various guardsmen resting on thin mats inside. Not to mention the plethora of green tents set up, full of logistical workers and officers alike going about their menial jobs.This definitely seems like the base of all guardsmen operations within the city, and you'd probably even expect a few logistics tents occupied by Departmento Munitorum officers here.

A majority of the houses seem to be barracks, but you're having some difficulty finding which ones are supposed to be assigned to your squad. You pass by house numbered as high as two hundred and forty-two, and it doesn't seem like there's a real order to them. After nearly a half-an hour of aimless wandering you happen upon the block of barracks that are all listed in the eighties and you easily fine Barrack #84 right in the center of the street. It's a small, old house that's one of the few houses in the area that resemble what you'd expect of a more traditional house. It's not made of the building material the Imperium usually uses, and is a relic from a time on this planet long forgotten and is seemingly empty.

You all walk up to the door, and one of you slowly opens it revealing a dimly lit interior stripped bare of any furniture save for a few displaced mats and bags. Inside lays a dark grey blob huddled on the ground, but as you open the door a bit further the light shines in revealing a man lying face down on one of the mats. "That better not be you, Sergeant." the voice croaks out, "You better not be here to talk about my training..." he mutters, not bothering to turn around.

Spoiler: PCs (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2013, 09:23:26 pm »

After a pause, the only thing Putri can do is raise an eyebrow.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2013, 09:37:22 pm »

Knoll also raises an eyebrow, turning his head to face the squad's Sergeant, his countenance almost unchanged. "I will assume you do not know this soldier and that he is most likely someone from a different squad." he says before raising his deep voice, causing it to echo clearly inside the almost empty building. "Stand up, trooper, it's not quite time to sleep yet. Name, platoon and squad." the Commissar says, his tone commanding and loud enough to be heard but still far from sounding angry.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:39:58 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2013, 09:46:21 pm »

Poke the man. Await orders and instructions.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »

Squad

The guardsman grunts and flops over as he's poked, revealing a tired, young face adorned with short yet somewhat unkempt brown hair. "Hey! What was that fo-" he tries to reply, before being cut off by the Commissar's loud, authoritative voice. His annoyed mood is immediately replaced as he recognizes the red uniform, and he bolts upwards immediately giving the officer a salute. "Wilfried Graeun, Platoon IV, 2nd Friedenian Infantry Regiment!" he barks out, before lowering his salute and taking a more relaxed stance . "Erh, sorry 'bout that. Thought you were the sergeant. Mind me asking what you folks are doing here? Don't recognize that armor, and I don't really see Commissars around that much." he asks, scratching the back of his head and re-adjusting his flak armor.

Spoiler: PCs (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2013, 10:53:00 pm »

The Commissar crosses his arms and glances around at the building's interior before giving the man an answer. "I am Commissar Knoll Tuhlann, attached to the 666th Vniediken Aerial Infantry Regiment and this squad is exactly from the 666th. This place was assigned as our sleeping quarters. Was that information somehow incorrect, soldier?" he answers while the last part is shaped as a very sharp question.
>Yes?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:54 pm »

Avos chuckles, and shakes his head.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2013, 10:45:15 am »

"And to add to the Commissar's question, what problems do you have with your Sergeant, Trooper?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2013, 11:27:53 am »

Putri watches the goings-on. That other trooper guy was totally screwed. She felt kind of sorry for him. ...Kind of.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2013, 04:46:01 pm »

Avos nudges Putri, and whispers, "Wonder what his story is."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10