Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Only War: Warband IC  (Read 8460 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband IC
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 10:20:08 pm »

Twenty minutes pass by, until you're finally to the front of the line. Your squad stops by a metal table, with only an aging computer on top of it and a young Tech-Priest clothed in a red robe, and a large metal-respirator fixed to his mouth behind it. “Name, Regiment, and Platoon.” he states in a metal-like, monotone voice, briefly glancing at his data-slate to take a few notes before impatiently drumming his metallic fingers upon the table.
Finishing the prayers to the Emperor he was saying while in line, Harmon steps up to the table and salutes sharply.
"Guardsman Harmon Sarvus, 666th Vniediken Aerial Infantry Regiment, Platoon III."
After filing through, he moves to where the others stand and awaits further orders.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 10:23:29 pm »

As the rest of the squad files through, he glances back and asks, "Alek, Putri, you two wanna go find something to do?
The tall guardsman flashes a dirty smile.

I'm not one for fun and games, comrade. Someone needs to keep an eye on the wayward guardsmen, though, make sure they don't disappear.

"If you need something to do, help me build this Chapel. Nothing big; just a small room filled with idolatry and help me gather up the off-duty Guardsmen."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

Avos smirks at Alek, then turns to the priest, "Sir, they probably have a place for worship set aside, but we would be happy to help you look, and make one if it is nessacary."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 10:49:01 pm »

"Commissar Knoll Tuhlann, attached to the 666th Vniediken Aerial Infantry Regiment, Platoon III." the man states calmly to the young Tech-Priest when it is his turn before joining up with the group of chatting soldiers, walking at a leisurely pace himself. "You should probably discuss your schedule with your Sergeant before searching for something to do, in order to avoid misunderstandings." he helpfully points out, trying to prevent the eruption of disciplinary issues and misunderstandings so early.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2013, 10:52:56 pm »

Putri nods a little too quickly to the techpriest asking for her info, and rattles off her information. "Putri Sari, 666th Vniediken Aerial Infantry, Platoon III. And, uh, yeah we should make sure we don't have any duty planned before we go looking for leisure and stuff."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »

Novumus halts and turns about to face the two of them.
"Ah. Yes. Of course. Thank you."
He gives a jerking, mechanical nod before leaving to head over to Belensh, where he waits for a moment to be noticed.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 10:59:48 pm »

"Of course. Of course. I'll do that. Could somebody see if there's a chapel somewhere?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2013, 11:02:19 pm »

The Sergeant turns to look at the Tech-Priest, having been recalibrating his Compass for the planet. "How would you say the squad's equipment is at first glance, Enginseer?" he asks, looking out at the sky and terrain, eyes squinting from the light.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »

The Tech-Priest takes note of your names, rapidly typing on the old computer and making sure that all is in order. After only a few moments, the Tech-Priest turns back to your squad. “Your sleeping arrangements are located within the sector of the city referred to as 'Viegands Terrace.' Your building assignment is building number eighty-four, and you are expected to be there before curfew ends.” With that, he motions you aside and you step past the processing area and into the outskirts of the city.

The feeling of soft grass beneath your boots are replaced by the hard, stone paved streets. You realize that you're not entirely sure where the “Viegands Terrace” is, or really where to go in general. Not much can be seen of the city from your current position, since you're on the outskirts, but the soft noise of voices and the bustle one would expect from a city coming from somewhere a few blocks away. It's still only a few hours into the afternoon, and although you're not entirely sure when curfew is supposed to start, you figure you have at least a few hours to rest and become acquainted with the city.

Hoskuldr

Although this is only the outskirts of the city, you notice a gathering of guardsmen from your regiment sitting around in a nearby alleyway. Walking over, it appears as if they're temporarily resting and taking time to enjoy themselves after the long transit, some playing cards and rolling dice, while others are either talking amongst themselves or just sitting down checking their gear. You walk over to them, chiding them for their inactivity and asking them for guidance to the nearest chapel. [2d10-20 (Untrained in Charm), 75. Larger than FEL, failure.] The guardsmen however, aren't exactly eager to pray after just now getting a chance to relax. “Uh, sorry priest. We'll have to save that for another time, we're all tired as shit and just want a chance to rest. We'll probably stop by some other time to repent.” one of the men say with a grin. “Can't help you about the chapel though, we haven't even gotten a chance to look around. I know quite a few people around here are religious though, since half of them stop to recite a prayer or litany every now and then. Why don't you ask one of them?”

(People seemed to be changing what they wanted to do, so I just want to say NOW is the time to go about and do your own things. Feel free to split up, stick together, etcetera. Now would be a good time to look around and try to get a general idea of the city layout, and perhaps find out where your sleeping arrangements are at least located.)

Spoiler: PC's (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:09:01 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2013, 11:13:02 pm »

Belensh notices the last of his squad-mates finishing up, and waves for them to come over. "Your first task and duty is to find our sleeping arrangements and deposit any equipment you do not believe you can feasibly carry throughout the day. Then we will perform maintenance on our equipment, and get a feel for the layout of the city. Any Trooper who does not comply will be confined to the sleeping quarters. Whilst it is a time to allow ourselves some rest from the journey, that does not mean we need be lax. Since we need to find where we are sleeping first of all, I suggest you all stay with me if you wish free reign throughout the city. I need not remind you of the Imperial Guard's rules about conduct."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2013, 11:15:21 pm »

Avos looks at his squadmates, "I for one am good with finding our rooms, maintaining our equipment, then looking about this place for something to do, maybe a drink. We might find a chapel on our way to this Viegands Terrace, sounds like it will be kinda high up. What do you guys wanna do?" He adresses the preist and his two new friends.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2013, 11:18:25 pm »

Putri snaps to response to the sergeant, unnecessary salute and all.
"Yessir, I will stay with you, sir! And no you don't need to remind us, sir! ...Where are we going, though, sir?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2013, 11:19:36 pm »

"Oh, and who are these friends of yours? If you have the time, could you introduce me to them later?

Yes, sergeant. Carrying this chainsword around all day will be moderately cumbersome."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:21:23 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2013, 11:20:34 pm »

"Oh, and who are these friends of yours? If you have the time, could you introduce me to them?"
((Are you talking to the guardsmen in the alley, or one of the PC's?))
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2013, 11:21:28 pm »

The Sergeant turns to look at the Tech-Priest, having been recalibrating his Compass for the planet. "How would you say the squad's equipment is at first glance, Enginseer?" he asks, looking out at the sky and terrain, eyes squinting from the light.
Novumus paused a second for thought.
"Reasonably well. Will need repairs later on."

After the Sargeant spoke to the squad, he wordlessly fell in behind the rest of the group.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10