Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Only War: Warband IC  (Read 8454 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband IC
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »

Putri lets out a long exhaling sigh at the question. "No, sir. I only got drafted during the invasion."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 04:19:00 pm »

Avos looks over to the Commissar "No sir, I don't think we have. My platoon was practical wiped out during the fighting. We were holding an outpost for a few days... After a while we ran out of ammo. We laid traps with what explosives we had left as we pulled out to get re supplied, they didn't slow the orks down a bit." He sighs as he talks about it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:23:11 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 05:48:20 pm »

"No, Commissar. I know noone here." The man declines to speak of what happened during the invasion. The guardsmen don't need to know that, the Commissar can ask him if he wants to know, and they had to get moving soon anyway. The ship would land any minute now, and Belensh was not one to tarry.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2013, 05:55:53 pm »

"Yes, Commisar. I've been with all these men. They are all the same in the Eye of the Emperor. We are all the same Hammer. We merely play different parts of it. The commanders and officers aim the Hammer; the Commisars ensures that the Hammer stays on course; I make sure that the target is crushed with the full fervor of the Imperium."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 06:08:25 pm »

No, I don't believe I'd have met this lot, Commissar.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

As the men around you rush to pack their gear and get ready for processing, your conversation is cut off as the transport ship suddenly buckles and groans, slowing down dramatically and causing anyone who wasn't holding on to something at the time to fall down hard on the cold, metal floor. Bags and crates go flying as the ship lurches again, before slamming downwards with a loud series of clanks and thuds. After one final clang, the ship halts and ceases to move signifying that you've probably landed. You can see the lieutenant from earlier laying flat on his black, his helmet having flown clean off when the ship landing. Grunting angrily, he gets up and collects his fallen helmet and strapping it back on firmly to his head. “All right men, we've landed! When the ramp opens up, you all must orderly march to the processing designated for Platoon III in the North East portion of the field! Head over there, get registered, and head to your sleeping arrangements. No fucking around or running off, got it?” he shouted, to be greeted by a symphony of the men around him shouting “Yes sir!”

Your squad now with their belongings collected group together near the ramp. Luckily you're right next to the exit ramp, and won't have to wait too long to get out. It's been a damn long time you've actually been on solid ground, and it'll no doubt be a relief to see the sun again. Suddenly, you all begin to hear the sounds of gears churning up against each other, screeching and clattering together as the ramp slowly begins to lower. Inch by inch it drops, slowly letting in bright beams of sunlight into the dark interior of the ship, before stuttering and dropping down completely to the ground outside. The bright sunlight surges in, blinding you for a few moments before you can get a clear view of the outside world.

You're all greeted by the sight of a busy airfield, laden with ship after ship bearing the men from your regiment, along with various transports dedicated solely to equipment and supplies. This definitely doesn't look like the military airfields you're more used to landing on, and it resembles more off a small civilian landing area than anything else. Otherwise, you notice that the climate and temperature here is quite...nice. The sun is out, brightly shining down on the airstrip and the collection of large buildings that lead on to the city ahead of you. Men sprint up and down the field, dragging crates and large bundles of ammo with them, along with the occasional tech-priest taking inventory of a collection of crates, checking them off with his dataslate.

This unusually serene view is suddenly broken as you all hear a sharp voice behind you. “Hey, squad in front! Get moving, we're not gonna wait here all day for you to take in the view!”

Spoiler: PCs (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2013, 06:59:40 pm »

Avos falls into line as the squad moves out. Turning to the nervous girl from earlier, "Sorry, I didn't catch a name.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:22 pm »

"Let's get going, then"

Go to the meeting area.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:45 pm »

Aleksandr marches off to the northeast.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 07:20:02 pm »

"You heard him, Troopers! Move!" The sergeant cries to his squad-mates with a healthy amount of enthusiasm. "Anyone slacking on the march is gonna be the one to scrub the latrine!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 07:26:05 pm »

"Erp!" She said as she was jarred out of her admiration of the planet, and she began moving forward at quite the healthy pace. One of the others talked to her though, and so she responded, less nervous than usual. "Putri, Putri Sari. You?" Anything else she might have said was cut off, though, as the sergeant urged the squad on- and as she went just a little under all out running to stay towards the front.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 07:55:14 pm »

Avos smiles at her to make her feel more comfortable. "Avos Yorke, you alright? You seem a bit nervous. He takes in the planet around him.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 07:56:59 pm »

Putri's eyes dart around quickly to take in the landscape as she marches. "Eh, heh, I'm always nervous, it's nothing new. Well mostly, anyway."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 08:20:05 pm »

Avos chuckles, "Well, don't be. You've got us lot to look after you." He continues to look around. "I like this planet. Its pretty."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 08:36:37 pm »

The sounds of hurried footsteps and metallic clanks come from behind the group. Its source is a Techpriest, whos robe is slightly creased and mussed from his hurried jog. His features are mostly shielded by his robe, but his baldness, as well as a heavy servo-arm and a mechadendrite are apparent, as well as a wide variety of various cords and wires running along his body. Before long, he catches up with the group and falls into line in the back of the regiment, fixing his robe and catching his breath from his jog.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10