Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24476 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 8, Krak'a'boom
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2013, 03:35:56 pm »

Erik held himself up on his new spear, looked at the fallen bodies, and started retching. He was a grief counselor, not some mythic hero. He wasn't sure he was cut out for this kind of life.

Keep new spear, re-prime crossbow. Be sick.

Once on the boat:

"Gregor, I understand that they thought they could end the world with us, but how is that even possible? I think you believe that they could have done it, otherwise you wouldn't have stolen us away, but this is..." Erik sighs. "I have pointy ears, the yoga instructor spits fire, the biker shoots lightning, et cetera, so I can't call this insane, but I'm not sure I believe that we're that dangerous."

((As a boon, can a flare my luck (Full round action) in an attempt to directly oppose/assist a roll that normally couldn't be opposed/assisted? (I.E, assisting a companion dodge, opposing a man reloading his pistol, etc)))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »

((Damn Campus internet connection. Disregard.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2013, 03:46:08 pm »

Emma nodded to Charlotte. "All right. But if you do need help later on, just let me know." Later on, on the boat, Erik brought up a point, and she considered it from where she sitting on the deck. "I don't know. I split a man in half with a single swing and roasted another alive, and Dick killed three people with one bolt of lightning. And Greg said our transformations are only just beginning - whatever we end up becoming is likely to be VERY dangerous if this is what we're like barely into the process."

She sighed. Maybe some would think she had accustomed to this new look - this new life - too quickly... but to her, this was a chance to do something meaningful with her life. These cultists thought that they could use her and the rest of these guys to destroy the world, and brought them here to do it? Ha! She'd throw that back at them by hunting them all down and stopping them. Yeah. She just had to keep thinking of it that way. That's all. "...Anyway, what do you know about this cult? Anything that could help us track down other groups in it and put a stop to them, too? Because whether it's possible or not, I'm not going to let myself be some WMD at a crazy robed guy's disposal."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2013, 03:56:33 pm »

((As a boon, can a flare my luck (Full round action) in an attempt to directly oppose/assist a roll that normally couldn't be opposed/assisted? (I.E, assisting a companion dodge, opposing a man reloading his pistol, etc)))

I don't see why not, I have not figgured out the assisting rules, but it should not be hard,

Charlotte looked around at the bodies strewn across the floor, it made her feel sick. This... This was going to be her life now wasn't it? She shivered slightly wondering if they would ever get back home, Emma interrupted her thoughts by speaking.

(Could I get an improvement to regeneration as my boon?)[/b]

Yup

Loot a little money if the cultists have it, and help Charlotte if she needs/wants help. (As for boon, can I increase control over fire via Fire Affinity, perhaps in the form of a dynamic bonus to control rolls? If not, what manner of improvements can I get to Slightly Canine?)

You can get a +1 to controll rolls, SLightly canine I can give you better claws for certain, and probably more, but I want you to think of it

(Can I get plant knowledge?  Like a bonus to knowing 'that one posion, that one good for healing...')

You can, I cant promise it will help any, but you can

"Gregor, I understand that they thought they could end the world with us, but how is that even possible? I think you believe that they could have done it, otherwise you wouldn't have stolen us away, but this is..." Erik sighs. "I have pointy ears, the yoga instructor spits fire, the biker shoots lightning, et cetera, so I can't call this insane, but I'm not sure I believe that we're that dangerous."

"I believe that they could have done a great deal of damage with you, and that they are persistent, I do not really think that they can bring about the END, but wiping out a few civilisations, yes they could, especially since they can force the awakening, making it all happen at once , however from what I have heard this tends to drive people insane"

"I don't know. I split a man in half with a single swing and roasted another alive, and Dick killed three people with one bolt of lightning. And Greg said our transformations are only just beginning - whatever we end up becoming is likely to be VERY dangerous if this is what we're like barely into the process."

She sighed. Maybe some would think she had accustomed to this new look - this new life - too quickly... but to her, this was a chance to do something meaningful with her life. These cultists thought that they could use her and the rest of these guys to destroy the world, and brought them here to do it? Ha! She'd throw that back at them by hunting them all down and stopping them. Yeah. She just had to keep thinking of it that way. That's all. "...Anyway, what do you know about this cult? Anything that could help us track down other groups in it and put a stop to them, too? Because whether it's possible or not, I'm not going to let myself be some WMD at a crazy robed guy's disposal."

"I was only Infiltrating that one outpost, which is their most heavily defended, We got lucky.  but if you come back with me, I work for the city of Telestrian, on the coast, we are one of the closest City States to this cults operations and as such we attempt to keep informed"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

Dick started to feel really awkward about all these retching people. Not because they had reacted the way they did, though, that was completely natural. It was more the fact that he hadn't, actually. The smell had only gotten worse in the past few moments, and yet he found it bothered him little. It made him suspect that perhaps he's a bit too desensitized, what with his entire young adulthood seeming like a haze filled with booze, smoke, blood, vomit and fighting.

Then again, in this situation, maybe that wasn't a bad thing. And hey, that yoga instructor or whatever woman had reacted largely the same way. So there's that, at least - he can't be too weird, right?

Anyhow, he addresses Greg the Fake Cultist.

"So, Greg, isn't there some kind of army that could eliminate these weirdos? They seem to be outlaws, you know, and not very well armed at that."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2013, 03:59:34 pm »

boon to intelligence.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2013, 04:02:58 pm »

"So, Greg, isn't there some kind of army that could eliminate these weirdos? They seem to be outlaws, you know, and not very well armed at that."

"They have proper armories in there, we got lucky that they did not consider us much of a threat, further more they do most of their actions outside the borders of any nation, so they are more lawless than outlaws, no one nation has the might to wipe them out and cooperation is a hard thing to find these days"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »

Erik nodded, his expression dark. He'd hoped that is would be something a little less practical. Driving any of them insane and loosing them in a populated region sounded like a good way to kill a lot of people, and Erik had no desire to kill anyone.
  "Gregor, I saw the way you looked at us- you were willing to kill us to prevent our recapture. That in mind, what is your plan for us? I'm guessing 'freedom' isn't going to be a major part, not while that cult might still get us."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »

(I'll take the Control for now then. ^^^ No RP for the moment because I want to see what Greg says to Erik.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »

"Gregor, I saw the way you looked at us- you were willing to kill us to prevent our recapture. That in mind, what is your plan for us? I'm guessing 'freedom' isn't going to be a major part, not while that cult might still get us."

"Actually you are probably fairly safe from being recaptured now, but it would be appreciated if you talked to my superiors, they have a standing offer for people like you"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2013, 04:38:04 pm »

There was one unnerving thing that just occurred to Dick. This guy, he was telling them all about how these cultists could hasten awakenings and whatnot. This had an obvious implication.

"Erm... Greg? I gotta ask - how many of... people like us are there? The way you say it, seems like a lot."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2013, 08:01:27 pm »

"Erm... Greg? I gotta ask - how many of... people like us are there? The way you say it, seems like a lot."

"There are actually not that many visitors from the other world or worlds and less that stay, this happens no more than twice a generation and usually far less, and until you lot, the most we have seen is five at once and that was a rare sight indeed, but people like you, well you have the potential to change the world if it crosses your mind to do so."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »

"I think," Erik said carefully, "that most of us would be happier changing our own worlds. If there's a way to get here, there must be a way to get back. Surely those before us must have tried. Are there any records of a person successfully slipping back?"
   Another thought occurred to him as he remembered Gregor's unfortunately literal firearm. "On another note, how much technology have the visitors given to this world?" Erik asked as soon as Gregor answered his first question.
---

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »

((Level up my strength))

Thomas followed everyone else onto the boat, realisation suddenly dawning on him: He had just killed someone. He was a reporter and thus used to seeing violence, but to actually take someone elses life was something that was weighing on him. He didn't feel as though he was going to break down, but there was a pang of guilt at what he had done. 
"Ok, question: You say this happens once or twice a generation. Do you mind me asking what the travellers here have done in the past? Any major patterns of behavior, or is there really no similarities between us and our predecessors?"

Try to find any links that might give insight to what resulted in the group being dragged here, also try to find out if there's anything expected of himself and the group.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 8.5, Talking
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

Sorry for poor turn, still recovering from going to work sick

"People before you have tried to leave, but all of the people who have managed to stay unchanged by this world, it is theorized that The World claims the ones it changes, preventing them from falling through holes similar to the ones they came by, technology wise, most of the people coming through knew of fabulous thing like carriages that drive themselves and lamps that need no oil, but they had no Idea how to craft them themselves, about the onlu hting was someone who called herself a" He tries to get his tongue around the unfamiliar word "Chemical engineer, she showed us how to make black powder, but she said we lacked the infrastructure"for her to make anything else"

He turns to thomas

"Normally they search for a way home, I have not known one to succeed, those that are not claimed by the followers of Skoll either continue travveling, unable to acept this world, and never finding a place; or they finally accept the hand that is dealt them and make the most of it.  I remember a question on how much you will change, well it will keep your shape relatively humanoid if the past visitors are any indication, even if the shape it has in mind for you is far different."

This is what i have for your boons, please lock in.

BFEL: You now have Keen Talons
Unholy_Pariah Precise feathers
Harry Baldman Harnessed lightning
Serious Concentrate Harnessed Flame
Kansa Potent Regeneration
Draignain Luck flare
Dansmithers: + 1 intelligence
Neroselene: +1 Strength
Scapheap: plant knowledge
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:42:56 pm by wolfchild »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23