Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107339 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2013, 01:59:01 am »

Extend

Unvote

No ties. I'll be back tomorrow.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2013, 08:26:35 am »

Wait... So I would still have a vote, assuming I that I never used it?

Oh sweet heavens this is confusing... Assuming my vote isn't actually symbolic, I'll unvote(As I would not actually like to lynch Nerjin until we know what kind of role Iqovian is.)

Off-Topic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2013, 12:26:26 pm »

Interesting.  Webadict has been online since 'D2 was scheduled to end' - he was online 4 hours ago.

Wubba, are we extended to when?
Extended til I get home. Out with family. Birthday

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2013, 03:47:50 pm »

>___>
Ok, for real, having HUGE net problems when posting things of a large text calibre as of the moment (yeah yeah opportunity and stuff//you're giving excuses... :x Weird things with our ISP is all I can say. I have no idea why the net is so slow [tried to post WoT, waited 10~ish minutes before things like a time out/connection reset or whatever happened.)

Post coming up..soon. Before day end is best.

Happy Birthday Web.

Nerjin for the moment. Superficial reasoning would go on how the focus is on 'there MUST be a lynch' instead of the context behind the lynch in respect to the target being attacked.

...Also those unvotes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:39 pm »

Vote currently tied between Nerjin and Cheeetar.  Game could end at any second.  Voting Cheeetar to break tie.  Will explain why in following post, if unknown when day end allows.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
birdy51 - Imp, Nerjin, Nerjin, Cheeetar
Cheeetar - Deathsword, Toaster, Shakerag,
Deathsword -
Imp - TheWetSheep,
Nerjin - The_Iqovian, The_Iqovian,
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
The_Iqovian -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - notquitethere,
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin,

6 To Hammer. Day ends Friday 9 PM Central.
And birdy51 is voting for Nerjin..but I dunno where his vote went O_o

That comment about birdy51 is sarcasm, Tiruin?  If not, it went here and 'explains' Nerjin's repeated use of double vote:

Web, you missed my vote.

Birdy51

And I'm gonna be smooth-talking here in a minute so...

Birdy51

Partially Confirmed here, both that there was an original error in the vote count, and that Nerjin did indeed re-steal Birdy's vote (at least through confirmation from Birdy saying it is gone, and also through Webba posting the corrected and updated votecount without including Birdy as having a vote used or not)

Wait what?!? Why am I voting Nerjin? Why did Nerjin's vote not get counted on me?

Unvote

I sense shenanigans...

Webadict, could you run the votes one more time?

Indeed. Nerjin has once again taken my vote to use it against me... Joy.

Tiruin, what did you think the vote count looked like when you placed your vote for Nerjin?  And when did you think the D would end?

I'm convinced that Nerjin and Birdy cannot both be Scum.  I also think Birdy's seriously Scummy.

Birdy claimed, when it appears that he was going to be the D2 lynch, that:

As a side note, Wubba alluded to the idea that I have been swapped, or that my role becomes a bit convoluted with swapping. Take this as you will. It's up to you guys at this point.

So now Birdy's saying, when he flips, that we're not going to be seeing Kent Brockman after all - Birdy, do I understand you right?

What's with that -or- in what you claim?  What's with the 'alluded'?  It's this 'slipperyness', this 'evasive not quite explaining yourself' that drives you to the top of my Scumpicks.  Why do you half say things instead of not saying them, or explaning them in a way that actually makes one answer clear or not?

Self-proclaimed 'Village Idiot', you're trying to get away with stuff that bugs the heck out of me.

And day could end at any second, it could end while I type this.  And right now the vote is tied because of Tiruin's vote for Nerjin, a tie between Nerjin and Cheeetar.

Nerjin states:

Unvote

Birdy51

Yeah, turns out Birdy DIDN't vote me. Uh... So Birdy if you wanna use your vote in a way I'll use it on whom you want until Web gets back in here to fix that.

Sorry for not posting more guys, I've been busy today and still gotta get some stuff done.

So Nerjin, your reason for trying to lynch Birdy D2 is that you believed Birdy voted you (again)?  - That's essentially your D1 reason, when you switched off of The_Iqovian and double voted Birdy.

And having realized you were wrong about Birdy's vote (because Web's vote count was wrong? - you didn't realize that you'd never seen Birdy vote for you this D and you never went back to double check because you couldn't remember it happening?) you took action and -now- regret it, so much that you focus only on your feelings (and not the reality of how the vote stands, so you unvote once, offer to 'give Birdy back his vote', just tell you how to use it - and create a tie in doing so.

Extend

Unvote

No ties. I'll be back tomorrow.

And then you do realize, and you fix it by unvoting, by doing the closest you can do to washing your hands of the entire situation without asking for a replacement.  Talk about -no responsibility for how you use your vote-.  But I know you 'just give up'.  That's not a Scum tell from you, I don't know if you do it as Scum or not, but I know you have given up as Town before, and I think that's a you trait.  A really scary one.

So the vote stands as :

birdy51 - Imp, Cheeetar
Cheeetar - Deathsword, Toaster, Shakerag
Deathsword -
Imp - TheWetSheep
Nerjin - The_Iqovian, The_Iqovian
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
The_Iqovian -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - notquitethere
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin

But then Tiruin comes in and votes for Nerjin, with the game in 'overtime' and without any set end point, just "whenever Web gets home", could be in a second or a week, who knows.

So that's a tie.

So I break the tie.  And I break it towards Cheeetar instead of towards Nerjin.  I now regret that we didn't lynch Birdy D1 - but it's the stuff that's happened D2 that makes me feel this way now.  He was my second scum pick D1 because of 1)

*Weird comments about D1 'premonition' about Toaster this game.

Weird comments about lynching Towniest player at Lylo, referencing a not-provided source I also could not find (using given details, Lylo, Town, Towniest, lynch, Mafia - and several variants upon that theme) after over two hours of google searching and checking possible results - near as I can tell the only thread talking about lynching the Towniest player at lylo is -this- one because of what Birdy said, and there's no article about it that can be googled).

*Evasive and deflective play D1 (continued D2)

*Weird assumption/reaction here:

Toaster:
How valid of a tell do you think rolefishing is?
Not too valid, particularly this case, which is mild. Like I said, that vote on Birdy wasn't so much suspicion about his rolefishing as wanting an alternative to randomvoting.

Now, as for you and why I dislike your vote. I can understand wanting to get out RVS, but I can hardly see how my post was role fishing.  Given that I had innocent intentions when I wrote the question, it causes me to ponder what in particular made that one post stand out to you.

Birdy:
Given that I had innocent intentions when I wrote the question, it causes me to ponder what in particular made that one post stand out to you.
So any attack on you when you're town merits an OMGUS-y vote because you know that you had innocent intentions?
[...]no. I dodged the question because I actively mistrust both your question and your intentions. I believe I have right to question arguments made against me. Now, I realize that I did not ask this directly, but shall now ask it with bolded emphasis. What made my post stand out to you?

Secondly, no. I dodged the question because I actively mistrust both your question and your intentions. I believe I have right to question arguments made against me. Now, I realize that I did not ask this directly, but shall now ask it with bolded emphasis. What made my post stand out to you?
I was scumhunting. What made you mistrust my intentions?

To your question, it was the most valid thing I could pressure somebody on at that time. I voted you not because I thought that your rolefishing made you scum, but because I wanted your reaction to an accusation and not a RVS question. That's how you leave RVS. (This also addresses this:
I didn't think his point was valid in the first place, especially now that he himself has gone against it. TheWetSheep is establishing himself as valid, but he skips the part where he admits that his both his question and his vote were weak.

TheWetSheep

-snip-
Blegh... I think we will just keep going round and round on this one, unless we organize our arguments in a meaningful. I've already answered your question regarding the validity of your accusation of role fishing, and that it doesn't hold water.

You can make an accusation against me, but if it's weak you better as hell, you'd best understand that I will press you on it. To defend one selves honor is just as important as infiltrating and finding the traitorous scum who would kill us in the night. Further, when one strikes lazily with a sword in the daylight, you don't stand there and let it cut you, like a coward might. Nay, you parry and strike a stinging blow in return!

So! If you would have me to say it once more, I shall state once more why I find your accusation against me is as floppy as a fish but we've reached the point where this matter has gotten terribly redundant. To be perfectly honest, my feelings as to your scumminess has diminished somewhat.

The fact that you would not allow someone (Cheeetar) to bandwagon me while you actively attempt to prove a point against me is admirable. If I were scum in your position, I would have undoubtedly said nothing and allow him to think whatever he wills of you. Thus, at this point, I'm willing to believe have we may have simply allowed our wires to get crossed. unvote

You may continue to go forward with your case against me, and I will continue with the traditional dialogue that I have been engaging in thus far if you wish. However, I no longer believe that your intentions are misaligned. Besides… Arguably I did jump a little. :{

Bolding above is mine:  But the point is - Birdy -still- refuses to answer TheWetSheep's questions.  The only focus Birdy allows is his own.  He 'slips' away from any answer to TheWetSheep's Scumhunting, instead saying 'alright, I forgive you, I guess what you said is not Scummy, and you did defend me from someone else's attack so you're alright'.

And can you please answer this question:
I was scumhunting. What made you mistrust my intentions?

Birdy posts about the funeral in his family.

Birdy: You haven't responded to this post.

Alright... I shall completely blunt.

My will to play this game is absolutely dead right now. Right now, I am performing a disservice by sticking around, as I am honestly in no mood nor the right mindset to be playing right now. Simply put, my presence is not helping anything.

I will make an attempt to respond to any and all questions that have been leveled against me, but after that I cannot continue and I will ask for a replacement. Sorry for any inconvenience in advance.

A warning and apology, as my temper is short in this particular segment. I still love you all, but right now I have no inhibitions.

[Quotes TheWetSheep, quotes I have posted already above]

Get off your ass and actually do something different. You've fixated on me over half week. Find a new obsession and stop kicking a dog while it's down.

Summary of Events from my Corner.
   - TWS makes rolefishing accusation. Asks why I asked that question
   - I refuse to answer said question, instead countering why he thinks I am rolefishing.
   - He answers, keeping his vote there for the purpose that I dodged his question.
   - I reply to his first question, stating that I had asked the question out of curiosity.
   - Incessant bickering henceforth.

There is no further follow up from TheWetSheep D1, who cites lack of time.

D2 TheWetSheep ceases to chase Birdy's refusal to answer and appologizes for having pressed Birdy on it:

Birdy:
Get off your ass and actually do something different. You've fixated on me over half week. Find a new obsession and stop kicking a dog while it's down.
Sorry. I didn't want to move on until you answered my questions, and since I was really lacking time it was easier to just continue with that attack instead of combing the thread for a new one. Although I no longer think you are scum, due to the late-day stuff.

And the topic is dropped by both of them.

So that's my 'D1 case' on Birdy, that I never had time to properly prepare, and that earned him 'second scummiest' spot on my list D1. Add to it for D2 how he tried to save himself, late on D1, -what he said- when he appeared to be the D1 lynch choice:

The only way I could advance the Town Wincon, is to prevent my own death and allow myself a chance to take a Night Action. Assuming I'm still alive in the morning (Which, at this point is probably a fat chance), I should have some rudimentary information to work with.

I am confident I can find something over night. My role power is conducive to something like that happening. I'll vote myself if I fail to find anything.

My current case on him includes all of the D1 issues and these new factors as well:

Birdy:
Birdy, why do you think you haven't been targeted for any night kills?

Likely because I had made too much of a fuss. To put it simply, I'm not an easy target.

What does your "made too much of a fuss" have to do with "not [being] an easy [night kill] target"?

When you say "made too much of a fuss", are you talking about your posts in this thread or something else?

His answer:

Theory time… Bear with me for a little bit.

I would like to assume that there is a certain level of scummitude some characters need to escape the wolves(Scum) and avoid frightening the lambs(Town). A players who accomplish both of these things, survives. For instance, take Hapah. I suspect that the only reason whatsoever he was killed, was that he was a wallflower. He wasn't taking risks, and caught the backhand of the scum team for it. I would dare anyone here to claim otherwise.

However, there is also such a thing as being "too Townie". If you truly establish yourself as a Townie, you’re also likely to wake up in the morning dead. This is why cops never claim, unless they are certain that they have found something. In my case however, I truly though I was lynchmeat. So at that point, there was nothing I felt that I needed to hide in order to live.

What I didn't expect, was that people were actually considering keeping me around in more ways than one. If I could escape the lynch with the claim that I was a cop, I fully expected the scum team to come running to kill me full throttle. Conversely, I knew there was likely a Townie who would want to keep me alive.

In other words, I could eat a NK attempt, know that someone tried to kill me, and thus take the necessary actions to figure who that person was. Unfortunately however, I caused too much trouble. They likely knew I was going to be protected… At least for tonight. That's what I meant for making too much of a fuss. A successful night kill on me would have been a dicey business.

I suppose that is the only reason I'm still here.

I did NOT ask him why he's still here.  I asked him what he meant about "made too much of a fuss" and what he meant -was- "[making] too much of a fuss".  He doesn't even slightly answer either question - just like he never even slightly answered TheWetSheep's question.

Now, as a broad generalization, I think some of these votes are a reaction to what I've said recently, or what someone else has said recently. It could be for many reasons, but these are those off the top of my head.

1). My case on NQT has traction, and they are chainsawing for him.
2). My ability Rerun scares the scum team. Yes, I can force one of the members of the scumteam to take their factional kill over and over on what is now essentially a corpse. Obviously, this would mean I could block any further NKs by the Scum Team if I guess correctly, and therefore keep the scum in check. I have asked Wuba about this one by the way.
3). They are worried about Cheeetar, who may or may not be scum. Personally, I lean towards no, although the rolefishing isn't exactly helping. (On that note, if your entire case rests upon me taking the time to tell you the nitty gritty of my role, you really don't have your priorities straight. Start answering other people's questions.)

1)  Your 'case' on NQT looks really fluffy to me.  He didn't react to your failure to address him directly - until you challenged him on failing to - that is your entire 'case' right?

Looks like tissue paper to me.  I have suspicions about NQT but that to me looks like a null tell - even before he makes the claim that he was not watching that this game and that he's given up considering that meaningful as a Scum/Town tell.

2)  Your ability 'Rerun' slightly scares me - looks like you can 'force' whoever did whatever was beneficial to you last night to keep doing that beneficial thing if you want (maybe it was a one shot, or maybe it was Hapah, so your Rerun wouldn't work.  If I were Scum, what you've said about Rerun, I believe you'd make me laugh a bit.  You'd have to successfully pick out not -only- a Scum member, but -the- Scum member who used the nightkill - and then you'd have to 'keep that Scum alive' in order to attempt to lock up that night kill.  So you'd need to find someone that all other Town members want lynched, identify them (and your Scum hunting this game looks quite lackluster to me), and try to -prevent- the rest of Town from killing that Scum member who you-at-least (and if you identify them I bet others will have too - that person's getting lynched!) were able to identify until the other Scum had been found and slain - while not looking -too- scummy yourself for trying to keep an identified Scum alive, especially if there's not at least one other seriously Scummy target.

3)  I'm worried about Cheeetar, who may or may not be Scum - much like I'm worried about most of the other players in the game - heck, I'm worried about Nerjin and he's at/close to my top Town pick this game.  But that has NOTHING to do with how Scummy you look to me - you have created that yourself, not anyone else - and you have created this impression across the whole of the game so far.

So about Nerjin VS Cheeetar - it's pure statistics of my view of Nerjin versus Cheeetar.  Nerjin's approximately my top Town pick.  I -hate- what he's done at the end of D2 - waffling, backtracking, lack of conviction, apparently suspecting Birdy -only- because he thought Birdy voted for him.  However, I think Nerjin has to work hard to play well, as Town or anything else.  And I think Nerjin is Town, and the faults in his recent play is a Nerjin-trait.

That can be a reason to remove him from the group.  But I think Nerjin's likely to return to trying to play well.  If he does, I support him staying in the game - and I believe he's Town.

Cheeetar is close to null tell for me, slight lean Scum.

My choices right now are allowing Tiruin's vote to cause a no-lynch, supporting a Nerjin lynch, or supporting a Cheeetar lynch.

My first choice is still Birdy for the reasons listed above.  If I see Birdy get enough votes again to become a possible lynch choice for today, I will switch my vote back to Birdy his lynch is possible.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 17, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »

PFP
Imp
> Monday, votecount as what I posted but since Birdy voted at the time, I thought he had power over his vote but then..Nerjin and him went into a tussle so I'm confused over that smoothtalking.
I remember Nerjin saying it captures the other's vote, so that's what I thought birdy did. That he could shift his vote--Nerjin can only shift it like its his vote but doesn't control it permanently.
...So Birdy did confuse me a bit there.

I bet Webadict ends his days on weekdays given he has a 'respect the weekend if I don't end it on Friday'-like policy.

Also it isn't sarcasm. We have the absence of a mod to confirm if Birdy's vote can actually be moved--Nerjin's subsequent reaction helped push it at the time.

He ALSO states its sorta like a private action but..I have a strange feeling about how he does his stuff (in which he only controls the vote OF his previous target if said target is the one voted) and all. Given the shifty shift there.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »

Allow me to point out, really quick because I WILL post something of substance soon, that I unvoted Birdy once because he never voted me so I didn't actually have his vote. I will NOT cheat the system. I have one vote. The second unvote was because it caused a tie and a tie helps no-one.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »

Tired as hell, and it's been a long day.

To explain my ramblings in short...

Being swapped would throw off my results in a way that I don't have quite enough information into. I've PMed Wubba about the matter. Beyond that, I really need shake off any residual lethargy. If people do have any questions that I have missed, or points that they want me to comment on that has been waiting for a long period of time, please bring it to my attention.

It's about damn time I got back into this game.
BIRDS.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 17, 2013, 09:44:54 pm »

Unvoting Birdy51, voting Nerjin.

Scary. I should've woken up earlier, but I had to let myself sleep in... I will claim if necessary, lynching me is a bad idea but I don't think lynching Nerjin is a good idea. I'll go for the tie vote over me dying. Could somebody please explain to me why a Birdy vote is no longer cromulent, for I am incredibly confused.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 17, 2013, 09:46:46 pm »

Oh, and Happy Birthday Webadict!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »

Cheetar no ties. Still working on other post.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 17, 2013, 09:51:52 pm »

Do you need a claim, Nerjin?
I've played some mafia.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 17, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

Oh blast... Why must you people destroy my sleep schedule!

Cheeetar, realize that tying the vote is generally frowned upon. I am also confused as to why I am no longer set to be lynched, so I cannot help you there.

However, you may want to explain yourself here. What is causing you to be scared of this lynch?
BIRDS.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2013, 09:54:27 pm »

Screw it, this is stupid. I am Ned Stark, and I am town. I have two abilities- The King's Hand, a day investigate, which I have used to determine that Tiruin (day 1) and Nerjin (day 2) are town. I also have a one-use night ability, Game of Thrones, which I may use to king somebody on the following day, giving them the only vote of the day. Don't lynch me damnit.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48