Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107309 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2013, 12:46:41 pm »

Indeed. Nerjin has once again taken my vote to use it against me... Joy.

Whelp. I'm not going to be around tonight, seeing as I have opening night to worry about, and I don't exactly have anymore claims to make. Whatever happens, happens. Do what you have to do!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 15, 2013, 01:05:21 pm »

I'm not keen on moving my vote off Cheeetar if it'll mean a birdy lynch (as I'm not very convinced he's scum), but if it will avoid a tie I will. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [1 Replacement]
« Reply #452 on: November 15, 2013, 03:45:19 pm »

Cheeetar:
So. Birdy claims investigator to avoid lynch, and you're just so absolutely unsure of whether or not he's telling the truth or not that you avoid questioning him at all or protecting him, and instead decide to ignore him and protect some other dude you think is maybe scum (who turns up dead after you 'protect' him.) Toaster, that doesn't exactly add up. I'm starting to think that claiming a protect was a way to make sure that anybody who saw you visit Hapah's house last night thought your motives were pure.

Note that I had no posts between his claim and day end- no opportunity to question him.  And "maybe scum?"  I'm just going to assume you meant "maybe town."

Also, how paranoid do you think Scum Toaster is that he'd try to claim an alibi with zero prompting?  That's pretty ridiculous.

He's some sort of mysterious super investigator with the ability to stop the scum team in its tracks that's so important to town that anything he could contribute by way of text is useless in comparison... of course, he hasn't helped us yet despite telling us he would, and he can't tell us any of the real specifics of his magnificent powers.

Like I said, if he didn't want to claim, he was under no obligation to do so.

Shakerag:  Eh.  I suppose on your reasoning/pressure vote.

And then you'd rather stay unvoted and just FOS than vote.  Why?
Also from the post I linked to above:  I was too busy at the time.

This, however, is a crock.  Too busy to scroll from "Blue" to "Red" in the formatting color selector?  Don't tell me someone who can fire off a quick pressure vote like that is unable to do it again later on another target.

Birdy:  Just to confirm, you know you were protected but not who did it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 15, 2013, 04:09:36 pm »

So, Deathsword ol' buddy, explain to me why Cheetar is scummier than all other players. What do you think of his latest Toaster vote?
I stated my case on him here:
Allow me to restate the case on you (Cheeetar), as I see it:

You fiercely defended Iqovian, for no apparent reason, agaist every single attack, you switched your vote at D1's end from your then-scumpick to the person your scumpick was voting, come D2 you try to make Imp look guilty by using TolyK's lynch: a lynch you took part in, despite the fact that you had absolutely no case against him other than "the vote was tied".
I feel all that combined is scummier than what else happened yet. Things may change of course, but I feel he is scum, thus I vote and keep said vote.

As for his reasoning on the Toaster vote, it's hard to confirm either way. Birdy claims he knows which actions were succesfuly taken against him, so he could confirm the use of any protect (if at all) on him or who acted on him.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2013, 04:16:01 pm »

Deathsword, if you're not scum and you're actually trying to hunt for scum, you're doing a very poor job of it. You don't seen to be actually contributing to anything except as a vote to kill me. Actively questioning people and engaging yourself is okay- it's even encouraged.

Cheeetar:  Why are you voting Toaster this close to day end?  Do you really think you're going to rally support for a lynch on him in time?

Yep, plus he's my top scum pick right now. Does nobody else find him claiming he has a two-use protect incredibly strange? He may be using the claim to cover up the fact that you've been contributing next to nothing to the game- also, to my knowledge, he never answered my question on why he claimed.

I have a two-shot protect, and I used one of them on Hapah last night.  Either he attracted two kills or one that bypassed protection.

Why are you claiming, and why did you try to protect Hapah?

This wasn't answered!

Also, how paranoid do you think Scum Toaster is that he'd try to claim an alibi with zero prompting?  That's pretty ridiculous.

Can't think of any other reason why you'd claim.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 15, 2013, 04:21:24 pm »

I have a two-shot protect, and I used one of them on Hapah last night.  Either he attracted two kills or one that bypassed protection.

Why are you claiming, and why did you try to protect Hapah?

This wasn't answered!

Can't think of any other reason why you'd claim.

Yes it was, on all counts:

Hapah I consider one of the better players in game, and one I had a reasonably good read on.  As for why then, it was the best action choice at this part of the game.

I thought it'd be helpful information.  I'm not a full-on doc so I'm not afraid to claim.

Admittably, it was before you even asked, so if you missed it the first time you wouldn't have thought to look back.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 15, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »

Hapah I consider one of the better players in game, and one I had a reasonably good read on.  As for why then, it was the best action choice at this part of the game.

I thought it'd be helpful information.  I'm not a full-on doc so I'm not afraid to claim.

Admittably, it was before you even asked, so if you missed it the first time you wouldn't have thought to look back.

Butts, sorry. It still seems shady as all hell to me. You have a protect that doesn't work, and it's limited, and you visited Hapah's house last night, and there's apparently another doctor who helped out Birdy?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 15, 2013, 04:28:44 pm »

I have three possibilities:

1) Hapah had a protect- we can't exactly ask him what he did last night.
2) I got redirected to Birdy.
3) There's another doc out there.

#2 would kill two birds with one stone.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 15, 2013, 04:43:54 pm »

Toaster:
And then you'd rather stay unvoted and just FOS than vote.  Why?
Also from the post I linked to above:  I was too busy at the time.

This, however, is a crock.  Too busy to scroll from "Blue" to "Red" in the formatting color selector?  Don't tell me someone who can fire off a quick pressure vote like that is unable to do it again later on another target.
Ahh, crap.  I apologize for the confusion because I misread your post from before.  I parsed that essentially as "you'd rather stay unvoted and just FOS than present a case and vote for someone" rather than "you'd rather stay unvoted and just FOS than vote [The_Iqovian]."

But either way it would have been silly for me to put a pressure vote on Iqo when he was replacing out, yes?

And why ask birdy a question when he just stated that he wouldn't be around tonight?  When the day ends tonight?  And birdy is in danger of getting lynched? 

Tiruin:
As of prior note, I've been making a LONG list of people-their tells from my PoV and interactions. Hopefully gonna be posted later today-am just really swamped by RL, but then I know I can do this and won't be asking for a replacement.
I don't want to be a dick and hammer on someone for lurking when they've repeatedly said they are very busy IRL, but I don't want to let a player who could potentially be scum slide by day after day without giving up much to get a read on.  So I am calling into question the last part of your post here...

Cheeetar:
Cheeetar:  Why are you voting Toaster this close to day end?  Do you really think you're going to rally support for a lynch on him in time?

Yep, plus he's my top scum pick right now. Does nobody else find him claiming he has a two-use protect incredibly strange? He may be using the claim to cover up the fact that you've been contributing next to nothing to the game- also, to my knowledge, he never answered my question on why he claimed.
I'm thinking typo, but if not, do explain the bolded part.

To answer your open question:  It's a BYOR, so I think there's little here that would be strange, ability-wise.  Or, oh, wait, I think you mean the fact that he's claiming is strange.  Well ... It could be to try and figure out information about what happened N1, but I'm not really sure where that's going though.  It also could be seen as a bit alibi-ish, but then that also seems odd to claim early in the day when no one was really looking his way either.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 15, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »

I have three possibilities:

1) Hapah had a protect- we can't exactly ask him what he did last night.
2) I got redirected to Birdy.
3) There's another doc out there.

#2 would kill two birds with one stone.

Yep. For 1 and 3, that doesn't deflect the likelihood that there's not gonna be more than one doctor floating around for town. You could ask Webadict if you were redirected though, right?

Cheeetar:

To answer your open question:  It's a BYOR, so I think there's little here that would be strange, ability-wise.  Or, oh, wait, I think you mean the fact that he's claiming is strange.  Well ... It could be to try and figure out information about what happened N1, but I'm not really sure where that's going though.  It also could be seen as a bit alibi-ish, but then that also seems odd to claim early in the day when no one was really looking his way either.

Bolded part? Yes, I think it's very odd that he's seemingly claiming for no reason.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

Actually, seeing as you have no problem claiming, Birdy could directly tell us if you were redirected to protect him or not.
I've played some mafia.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 15, 2013, 05:44:30 pm »

Cheeetar:

Bolded part? Yes, I think it's very odd that he's seemingly claiming for no reason.
Context:  You are responding to me, talking about Toaster.
You said:  "Yep, plus he's my top scum pick right now. Does nobody else find him claiming he has a two-use protect incredibly strange? He may be using the claim to cover up the fact that ****you've**** been contributing next to nothing to the game- also, to my knowledge, he never answered my question on why he claimed."

There, I tried asterisks instead of bolding.  Did you mean to put "he's", or are you saying that Toaster is claiming his protect to cover up that I'm contributing next to nothing?  Because if it's the latter, I'm very confused and you need to explain yourself. 

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 15, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »

Urgh. Yeah, I meant Toaster. Apologies.
I've played some mafia.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:52 pm »

NQT:
Sheep
Yes, actually. I don't respond faster when you vote me, though.
But you did respond, so i got what I wanted.
My point was that I'd have responded at the same time if you hadn't voted me.

Shakerag:

Are you implying that there is some bullshit I should be calling you out on, TWS?
No.

Re: Toaster's protect, Hapah's death, etc: I can't think of a reason for scum Toaster to claim a protect on a person who died other than refuge in audacity. And I really think it was scum that killed Hapah, since town would probably not do it. He was a good player and nobody was showing suspicion of him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 15, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »

Toaster, is there anything in the description of your protect that may lead you to think there's a way around it, or are there any special conditions on it? Do you know you successfully protected Hapah, or is there the possibility you were roleblocked? Does your role protect against Hapah trying to visit somebody and them having an ability that kills all who interact with them?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48