Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107606 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [1 Replacement]
« Reply #465 on: November 15, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

Yeah, Day totally extended to Friday.

I don't think we've had any extension requests since then.  I see about 2 and a quarter hours left, with the votes tied:

3 votes for Birdy:  Imp, Nerjin, Birdy's vote stolen again by Nerjin
3 votes for Cheeetar:  Deathsword, Toaster, Shakerag

And a second place with two votes:

2 votes for Nerjin:  The_Iqovian twice

I'm certainly not switching to Nerjin.  I've not had time to properly post, but I've thought The_Iqovian was scummy from D1 and that's not really changed.  The_Iqovian is also possibly about to be Mod killed.  I've also thought Nerjin was probably Town from D1.

However, the vote is now tied, with about 2 hours on the clock, and part of that is because Nerjin 'stole' Birdy's vote again and placed it thusly.  Nerjin was enraged or panicked about the possibility of even a second's worth tie near (not even -at-, just near) the end of D1.  Nerjin seems completely unconcerned D2.  This bugs me.  I didn't mind his behavior D1 - thought it extreme, thought it telling - but didn't think it meant Scum or Town.  Now I wonder - because I don't see -any- concern.

Kind of makes me wonder what happens to Nerjin if he uses his vote steal, and whomever he votes for -doesn't- get lynched.  Could that be a form of balance on his clearly multi-use smooth talking?

More importantly, does this say anything about Nerjin's alignment?  If that's a limit on his ability, no.  But his lack of caring about the tie this D, maybe.

Nerjin, explain your thinking, and why you seem to care so less this day?

If I change my vote at all, that puts Cheeetar as the lynch lead - the best I could do is go from a Birdy/Cheeetar tie to a Nerjin/Cheeetar tie - anything else is almost like voting directly for Cheeetar.

I suspected Cheeetar of being Scum throughout most of D1, however his end game D1 and his D2 behavior have lessened that suspicion.  My main reason for suspecting Cheeetar D1 was that he was 'extremely' protective of The_Iqovian, so protective that I could have guessed his wincon to require protecting The_Iqovian.  I don't think that's true - I think that Cheeetar is that protective of an out of game friend, regardless of what that does to the game.  That's a null tell to me, and to the depth I've been able to read and reread (not as deep as I wish, but I have kept up and reread some).

As to the people voting for Cheeetar - Deathsword's put very low effort into this game, and I really dislike that (hard to say Town or Scum, but I don't like it and have to fight to view him positively because of it).  Toaster's a null read for me.  Shakerag is a slight Town read.  That doesn't make my decision any easier.

I rather hope the extension goes through,  I don't have time right now (work) and don't have the proper focus (distractions) to really reread and ask what I've been thinking about when I had time to think.

That said, there -is- still about 2 hours left this day, even if there's no extension.  I'll read back over what I can, and I'll keep my eyes open - maybe someone else will vote (Tiruin?) or someone else will compromise.  There are a few people voting for outliers, notquitethere, TheWetSheep, and Cheeetar.

Cheeetar, you're almost always around, so I'll ask you directly: I don't think you can convince many of us to join you in a Toaster lynch.  Will you be breaking the tie, or do you feel that your wincon is best served by a tie on this day?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 15, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »

Cheeetar, you're almost always around, so I'll ask you directly: I don't think you can convince many of us to join you in a Toaster lynch.  Will you be breaking the tie, or do you feel that your wincon is best served by a tie on this day?

Extension.
It's a damn shame. If the extension goes through I'll try and rally people around killing Toaster, but until then... unvoting Toaster, voting Birdy51. Same case as Day 1 I suppose. I don't honestly think you're the most scummy or suspicious person, but you've had strange moments and your death would at least give town some valuable information. Now that we know your abilities aren't quite that helpful, I can console myself with knowing that we aren't losing too much ability wise at least.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:07:14 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #467 on: November 15, 2013, 08:08:31 pm »

Damnit. Sorry for the edit, Webadict. Making the post more legible- I hope there isn't a need to modkill me for it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 15, 2013, 10:07:37 pm »

Extend, I guess.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 15, 2013, 10:15:58 pm »

Shakerag:
But either way it would have been silly for me to put a pressure vote on Iqo when he was replacing out, yes?

And why ask birdy a question when he just stated that he wouldn't be around tonight?  When the day ends tonight?  And birdy is in danger of getting lynched? 

I disagree, but I can just agree to disagree on that.

Just in case he found time.  I was going to ask him if the protect came from me if I was incorrect and he saw both.

Cheeetar:
Yep. For 1 and 3, that doesn't deflect the likelihood that there's not gonna be more than one doctor floating around for town. You could ask Webadict if you were redirected though, right?

Unless something has changed, Web doesn't tell you if you've been redirected.  For example, a standard cop inspect result from him would read "Action successful.  Target is [alignment]."  Not "[Player] is [alignment]" but just the word Target.

WUBA:  Can you verify this?

Toaster, is there anything in the description of your protect that may lead you to think there's a way around it, or are there any special conditions on it? Do you know you successfully protected Hapah, or is there the possibility you were roleblocked? Does your role protect against Hapah trying to visit somebody and them having an ability that kills all who interact with them?

No.  It's pretty unambiguous.  In my clarification request, Web did say it was successful, so I was certainly not blocked.  It's just a standard protect, which as far as I know would save from a PGO-style kill.

Also, I did neglect possibility #4:  Hapah was the target of two kills.  We can make sure that's possible right now.

WUBA:  How many kills does a standard protect work against?  One or all?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 15, 2013, 11:25:39 pm »

However, the vote is now tied, with about 2 hours on the clock, and part of that is because Nerjin 'stole' Birdy's vote again and placed it thusly.  Nerjin was enraged or panicked about the possibility of even a second's worth tie near (not even -at-, just near) the end of D1.  Nerjin seems completely unconcerned D2.  This bugs me.  I didn't mind his behavior D1 - thought it extreme, thought it telling - but didn't think it meant Scum or Town.  Now I wonder - because I don't see -any- concern.

Kind of makes me wonder what happens to Nerjin if he uses his vote steal, and whomever he votes for -doesn't- get lynched.  Could that be a form of balance on his clearly multi-use smooth talking?

Oh hey, look at that. AFTER I used my vote [breaking a tie] a bunch of people MADE a tie. Too bad I was a work when people were being dumb as hell.

But there's also the fact that the tie is now broken. I'll post a bit more later when I have time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 16, 2013, 12:54:51 am »

Teehee, I'm going to die!

At this point, another reminder: Use my death as info. I repeat that someone who's voting me now is almost certainly scum... You all are just afraid to pursue it. Which, is understandable. But let my death be permission for you guys to actually do some real hunting.

As a side note, Wubba alluded to the idea that I have been swapped, or that my role becomes a bit convoluted with swapping. Take this as you will. It's up to you guys at this point.

If Iqovian flips town, do your dead buddy a favor and lynch Nerjin. Two double Town Voters, plus the ability to steal someone else's vote isn't really a Town strength. Anyways this is Kent Brockman, signing off.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 16, 2013, 03:56:54 am »

First of all, extend. I do detect a familiarity with the vote patterns and their (ab)use

Second of all, here's the votecount and thank you ZU for the literal vote-counter. [As in, thank you before even when some details were missed..but still thank you because you've a lurkertracker :D]

Third of all, sorry for my absence and thank you also for putting up with my appreciation of the scenery whilst y'all chat and talk there.

Fourth of all, yeah it's all my fault.

Vote Count
------------------------
birdy51 - Imp, Nerjin, Nerjin, Cheeetar
Cheeetar - Deathsword, Toaster, Shakerag,
Deathsword -
Imp - TheWetSheep,
Nerjin - The_Iqovian, The_Iqovian,
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
The_Iqovian -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - notquitethere,
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin,

6 To Hammer. Day ends Friday 9 PM Central.
And birdy51 is voting for Nerjin..but I dunno where his vote went O_o

Edited.

Extend.
Unless I'm somehow posting-postday, we have 3 extends before my post and 4 now. Is that enough?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 16, 2013, 07:39:40 am »

I also threw out an extension far earlier in this week, but it likely became lost in translation.

My own vote is purely symbolic, seeing as he stole my vote and refuses to allow me to use it. He's been the main instigator of my lynch, so it was a bit cathartic even if it was useless. ^.^

Regardless, it seems that Wuba hasn't been on to send us into the Night, likely due to random busyness. Happens to everyone I suppose.
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 16, 2013, 09:15:28 am »

I seriously doubt Birdy is scum at this stage- if so he'd be switching his vote to Cheetar to avoid his own lynch.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 16, 2013, 10:42:08 am »

Oh... NQT... You're a bit late to this party.

I don't have a vote at all. Nerjin has my vote, which is why he is double voting. O.o
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 16, 2013, 11:30:31 am »

I thought if you stopped voting him he wouldn't have your vote-- that not how it works?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 16, 2013, 02:23:36 pm »

Birdy actually did unvote after his vote was stolen D1, Web's following votecount showed that Nerjin fully controlled both votes regardless of what Birdy did with his.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 16, 2013, 02:26:06 pm »

Interesting.  Webadict has been online since 'D2 was scheduled to end' - he was online 4 hours ago.

Wubba, are we extended to when?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 16, 2013, 10:30:49 pm »

Unvote

Birdy51

Yeah, turns out Birdy DIDN't vote me. Uh... So Birdy if you wanna use your vote in a way I'll use it on whom you want until Web gets back in here to fix that.

Sorry for not posting more guys, I've been busy today and still gotta get some stuff done.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48