Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 9/Head of the Snake  (Read 14708 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 5 Fanatical Momentum
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2013, 07:38:39 pm »

Striker lead the three of them to the side ally and the hover van, which he could only assume was the transport from the Grey. It looked it at with not a little bit of distaste. If at all possible he would rather fly to their destination, but for now at least he would trust that the Grey knew what they were up too. He also knew they might need to talk.

Striker opened the back door with a bit of difficulty and got in behind Clair. He examined her, really for the first time, on the net and during the battle he was too distracted. Shockingly human. Striker was really not sure how he felt about the extremely human Oids. It stuck him as odd sometimes, but presumably the humans knew what they were doing.

"Hello Clair. I would like you too meet RIU and FOX. Although perhaps you are already antiquated. We don't have much time, I think our best bet is to go to Sector 19 to meet with Septima." Striker turned to RIU and FOX and explained "Another friend of ours, who wants to help people as well. She may be in trouble. Although with that said, I don't know what the other situation is. But where ever we are headed we need to decide quickly."

I vote for Sector 19 and Septima.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »

"H-hello.."
Fox continues to be nervous; he'd never been around so many strangers before.
At least, outside of the laboratory.
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2013, 11:50:16 am »

((alright, so Clair is going to the Hydroponics dome and Striker going to help Septima in S19.

I'll assume Riu and Fox will follow striker due to their actions, unless they state otherwise))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2013, 12:57:02 pm »

((Is it okay to split the party? My first thought was that I could go pick up Septima and then bring her to the other location, since that sounds like a bigger deal and I doubt a single hawkoid can hold her for any amount of time anyway. But I didn't want to fragment the party even more so then we already have.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »

((Well, that's up to you guys, really. :P I just need to know where you're all going.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »

((Fox is going with Striker to help, and then when he's done he'll deliver the ring or whatever it is.))
Black lives matter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »

"Clair, what was the other situation? I was told you know more about it then me."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2013, 02:10:03 am »

"My...brother is in trouble at the Hydroponics dome. I will head there regardless. I can't willfully leave him in danger." Clair told the short Oid.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2013, 04:12:48 am »

((Is it okay to split the party? My first thought was that I could go pick up Septima and then bring her to the other location, since that sounds like a bigger deal and I doubt a single hawkoid can hold her for any amount of time anyway. But I didn't want to fragment the party even more so then we already have.))

((Well, the thing is that there's a whole squad of HOUNDs prancing about in Septima's backyard and doing something to the people she cares about and she can't just ignore that. I really hope there's a diplomatic solution to this, but if the rest of the squad is about as unhinged and not willing to compromise as this harpy she'll butt heads with them, even if she's grossly outmatched. That's the point where your backup and a lot of cover-up work by the Gray would be very handy, to say the least.

Hm. Could also try the good old Bavarian Fire Drill, but that'd completely blow my cover and relied on the commander knowing his history/being gullible while also not being smart enough to check the databases...))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:17:16 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 6 Eye of the Storm
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:18 am »

No one bothers the unmarked vehicle as it passes through the airlanes. Those interested find it has all the highest authorizations needed.

Not a single surveillance camera manages to catch it's passage-a convenient timing of mechanical error, no doubt.

Clair rides quietly, contracting on purging the malicious code in her system.

Will Save (2)+5+1=8 vs dc 11
Will Save (9)+5+1=15 vs dc 11

Clair/-10% Energy
Gained Trait: Type E Virus Resistance/+1 to Willpower rolls against Viruses

Though it's a bit of a struggle, the Virus is eventually resolved. The Rebels are going to pay for that one...

When the transport settles her down some distance outside the Hydroponics domes, on a nearby deserted street, she receives another burst message from Blair.

"Clair. I feel you close. Don't respond-they know I'm here, trying to triangulate my position. Main approach up the street is heavily mined-suggest you go around. They're emplacing vehicles, and heavy guns at the moment, but are pretty lax-watching for threats. I think they're trying to fortify the domes and hold the cities food production hostage. I'm hiding in the uh...Turnip fields, in the Northwest sector of the farm. Get to me quietly, or we'll be forced to blast our way to each other. I've got a plan, though, you'll really like it...

Also, Turnips taste horrible, turns out."

And she receives another message in rapid succession.

Quote from: The Grey
~Clair, this is Yen

Suggest caution. There's at least fifty Rebel Operatives in the area, and one combat Oid of unspecified designation leading the attack. We're marshaling reinforcements, but by the time they get there this place will be a killing zone. Eliminating the leader, or causing significant disruption to their plan will allow us time to dig them out with conventional forces, minimizing losses.

It goes without saying, they're probably going to target the important systems of the farms first-primarily the water tanks, where an applied poison could contaminate the entire field, or the atmosphere purifiers, which could heavily damage them. If Paradisum loses the early winter harvest, the results will be dire-physically, and economically.

Use your best Judgement.
And Clair, don't get killed. We're going to need you.

Striker, Fox and Riu are also quiet, but for different reasons. They know what they're about do is going to make them heroes to some-traitors to others. They know after today, they won't be able to sit on the sidelines and watch. They'll be in the middle of it, fighting for their lives.

The Driver hovers high over Zone 19. Smoke rises from squat, darkened buildings, where the Hound squad seems to have caused extensive damage, seemingly randomly-even at they watch, there's a tremendous exchange of firepower from down the street-and a small figure fleeing the scene. Whilst another falls to the ground.

He turns to you, the triple lights in his rectangular head beeping steadily.

"Hey, suppose you lot can fly, hey. You might want to get down there the rest of the way yourselves. When you're done, I'll swing around and pick you up after I drop off your friend, alright?"

Needless to say, there's no time to waste on words. Fox and Striker leap from the transport, jetting toward Septima's beacon-Riu riding on Strikers back, her arms locked on a flightbar-for Striker was designed to carry at least one Oid in such a manner. As they descend, utter silence reigns.

They receives a message as they spot Septima...

((Read rest below))

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

---
Meanwhile...

Septima feel the familiar metallic clank in her bones (though she has no bones), as her legs extend small energy rods into the ground around her-and anti-inertial systems temporarily boost themselves for the incoming plasma shot. It leaves her terribly vulnerable-nearly immobile-but, it's a hell of kick. As long as she doesn't miss. Slowly, energy motes are drawn into the front of the cannon-a byproduct of something like an electric laser painter, it's targeting beam visible only to her. She need only acquire a target...

Maybe once upon a time, she'd have been able to perform the locking and firing action in 4.0 seconds flat-Coppola would have designed her for no less precision-but as the years and damage has piled up, her firing time has slipped. To a Human, .6 seconds isn't much to worry about. The fact Septima now takes 4.6 seconds to fire at best greatly worries her. Oids are designed to be extremely long lived, and their feelings of mortality are delayed...yet, nevertheless inevitable.

Still, she practices every day. Constant tune-ups, tinkering and experimentation. One day Septima might hope to pull off a 4 second shot once more...just one, before she retires...one taste, of the old times, and then sleep.

Echo is a coward and a bully-sadly, by her nature-but not a fool. Spotting the Junk-Mechoid who has said all those hurtful things immobile, charging some sort of device, she does what her kind usually does.

She strikes out in a blind rage, emboldened by her enemies temporary weakness.

Round 2
Echo Attack
(10)+12=22 vs Septima's Defense 21-10=11 (HR penalty) *Autohit*
Damage 1d3x2+1-3=2

Septima's Attack
(11)+10=21 vs Echo Defense 21 *Hit!*
Damage 1d10+1=9

A spray of cluster missiles scatters around Septima-a storm of fire and fury, battering her old bones with fresh new scars. But she doesn't flinch...she's been in the eye of the storm many times before.

Septima/-20% Energy

She's noticed her enemy tends to hang around after firing a volley-stupid, of course-either because her sensors can't pierce the dust and rubble debris of her shot, or more likely, she's looking for a corpse to gloat over. Septima has known many bloodthirsty types in her times...

Instead of finding a body, this time Echo receives the full brunt of a plasma cannon in her faux-feathered chest as soon as the smoke clear-a direct hit. The heavy shot of purple plasma energy punches up...and out, passing through her entirely and slamming some distance away into the stone ceiling. They'll be feeling that in the floors of the Zone 18, for sure. Septima does not watch as Echo spins and plummets to the ground, screeching even louder than before-sparks jumping from her chassis, liquid electike soldering the ground around her as it flows out very much like blood.

Septima is already on the move, down the alleys. She can sense if Echoes allies weren't coming before, they surely are now. At the very least, she has distracted them from their 'sport'.

Septima is scanning the street ahead, taking cover behind a heavy dumpster when she receives a comm on her HUD.

At the same time, she looks up-out of the sky...an animoid and the Eleoid who she recognizes as Striker, carrying a Humoid on his back. Reinforcements. Perhaps she allows herself a small smile.

Quote from: The Grey
~Septima

I thought you might appreciate some assistance with the HOUNDS.

Some additional information.

Don't worry about official response. After this over, noones going to be eager to have this debacle see the light of day. Feel free to deal with the HOUNDs however you deem necessary-they need a lesson in manners.

Though, you might consider a new place to live afterwards. The non-Official response is something we can't control.

Encoding the ID's of the Four-Man Hound Squad operating in your area, now. Good hunting.

1. Squad Leader
Name: Captain Andrake
Design: Animoid (Serpent)
Element: Venom (Advantage against Forest, Disadvantage against Elec)
Spec: Andrake is deceptively quick and agile, difficult to strike with ranged weapons. Thin, flexible chassis is likely resistant to explosive force-though not direct damage. Offenses tend toward the ranged-molecular venom ejectors in roof of mouth capable of great damage, and area denial. Melee weapons likely highly effective, unit has little heavy armoring overall. Serves a linking function among squad mates, but combat calculations suggest he's a poor tactician, more interested in personal survival or hounding glory.
Addm: Risen to Hound Squad Leadership by 'confirmed kills' of at least 52. Number likely overrated-many incidents sketchy and unconfirmed. The Grey speculates this unit is inflicted with narcissistic sociopathy, creating massacres to satisfy need for personal advancement. Unless a diplomatic resolution is reached, suggest complete termination of Unit, if possible.

2. Defender
Name: RDA 'Siya'
Design: Humoid
Element: Standard
Spec: A melee specialized Humoid with extensive skill in martial arts and close combat. Combat results indicate a strong will to survive and a robust frame. Serves as a front line fighter in the squad. Oddly selfless, considering her squadmates. Recently augmented with low power internalized energy shields.
Addm: Little information available. Recent transfer to Squad-previous operational history indicates long periods of combat with little rest. Siya is an early version RIU model, a Remembrance Designation Allocate-a 'friendly' combat unit, albeit, with none of the personal quirks that made the future models so popular. Possible trauma+related incident involving previous loss of Squad in deep combat against Rebel ambush.

3. Fire Support/Artillery
Name: Echo
Design: Animoid
Element: Standard
Spec: A harpy Animoid designed for aerial fire support. Uses an antiquated system of fire and reload rockets in wing system-unit is likely vulnerable when reloading ammunition.
Addm: Recently constructed and pressed into Hound combat. Observed behavior indicates invasive mental flaws-cowardice, unguarded emotions, mental tics and baseless hostility. Unknown if product of deliberate design or unfortunate product of times.

4. Marksman/Recon
Name: Davtree Johnson
~Human
Spec: Johnson is a noticeably still human Hound-Sniper. Reflexes extremely high for an unaugment. 13 confirmed single shot kills. Do not underestimate.
Addm: Davtree is a relatively young soldier-service history indicates service fighting experience rebels in the twisted forest. Striking of officers and time in stockade higher than average suggest drinking and anger issues. Recent actions regarding the shooting of non-combat Oid units suggest Davtree holds little value for machine based lifeforms, regardless of his other beliefs. If this is the case, demotion (for the previous shooting) and reassignment to service under an Oid squad leader have likely led to further frustration and further anger

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Septima (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: RIU (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: FOX-01 (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Striker (click to show/hide)

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Echo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:24:37 pm by Dwarmin »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »

...thanks. Looks like I owe your organization a bunch.

"Greeting: Welcome. I don't know who you are, apart from... ... ... error error memory fault, sorry. Jet oid. Let's save the formalities for later, get into cover, we have a mission to fulfill."

She runs another, more thorough scan.

"Briefing: Let's review the situation. The blast you may have noticed put one aerial support-type enemy out of commission, so we have four against the opponent's three. Our group includes one heavy ranged frontline type, two aerial skirmishers and one civ... er, ground support type." What was she thinking, coming into battle without any armor... Our enemy fields one skirmisher type - their leader - one armored frontline type, and one sniper."

"Furthermore: We have three advantages thus. One is the factor of surprise, as the opponent knows of only my presence. They will not expect to be outnumbered. Two, we have a massive aerial advantage. And three, we have intel of the opponent's tactical weaknesses, and habits. Their leader is fixated on personal glory and safety, so he will try to bide his time and go for a sneak attack when he feels his success is certain. His weakness is his light armor, which in a bad melee engagement will screw him up, taking him on at range will probably not work. He has an advantage against Forest oids... first time I hear of that element. Anyway, if one of you has the misfortune of being a Forest oid, take care to not engage him. The other two HOUNDs are seemingly more competent. Possibly, their Frontliner can be reasoned with, and I don't think she is the main threat. Sniper and Commander are far higher priority and she might surrender once she is isolated. The other two, not so much. Knock them out instead of reasoning, but be careful about the sniper. He's an unaugmented human." It wasn't so much about him being human as about not killing. She didn't want to take one more life, or feel responsible for such a thing happening.

"Conclusion: Their plan is likely about their heavy melee engaging, the sniper providing supporting fire and the commander attacking from behind to seal the deal. The lynchpin to success is taking out the sniper. If we can remove him from battle, they will have no answer to airborne offense and are likely to fall soon. It is probable he advances separated from the main group, so if we could intercept him, the battle will turn in our favor quickly. A second tactic that might work alongside or as a Plan B is baiting out the commander's attack - I'd have to be the bait - and focusing fire on him the instant he jumps in. If that works, he's down in a flash. In any case, we would do well to limit the Sniper's options by positioning so that he only has a few lines of fire - easy pickings for our airbornes. And, perhaps, work on securing their air support so it's certain she doesn't rejoin the battle. A slim chance, but I'd rather not take it if I can avoid it."

"Synthesis: One way to carry out all of this would be that you three hide somewhere, spotting for the enemy approach and particularily the sniper. If there is a chance to take him out cleanly, do it, but don't underestimate him. I would, meanwhile, work on restraining and silencing the Harpy, preferably out of the line of direct fire, and act as a bait thus. They'll attempt encirclement, and this is where we want to spot the sniper, take him out and then exercise aerial superiority."

"In closing: Improvement suggestions, questions, remarks?"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2013, 04:44:44 pm »

(Is there still a sewer system?*never played a megaman game, but watched a few let plays*)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2013, 04:49:02 pm »

(Is there still a sewer system?*never played a megaman game, but watched a few let plays*)

((Yeah, Paradisum would still have to dispose of waste... It'd likely be centralized to each district and laid out under the streets, so while you couldn't use one to sneak about from zone to zone, you could skulk about down there. It'd be a tight fit for more than two human-sized abreast, though-Paradisum doesn't have much water to waste.

Also, I can't promise 'things' not lurking in the sewers of the lower zones. :P ))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »

Clair thought of ways to get to her brother. Her view went over a manhole.

Use the sewers to help get to Blair unseen.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2013, 07:36:32 pm »

Land as (nervously and) badass-ly as possible.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16