Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 9/Head of the Snake  (Read 14704 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 7/The Fury
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2013, 07:59:10 am »

((Ah, I'd forgotten about Aid Another. That's a good option, then.

Also had forgotten about the ambush bonus. Boosting from 10% to 20% is a lot more useful than going from 5 to 10.

Reasoning with Siya was my (and I'm guessing everyone else's) eventual goal, but I'd been sort of expecting to need to take out Andrake first.

But yes, at some point I should probably buy an actual weapon.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »

For the briefest of moments, Riu tensed, ready to leap forward and tackle her double out of the way. She was stopped by Septima's directive, mind quickly processing and adjusting to the order. Her lunge changed into shifting into a slightly different crouch, so as to give her eyes a better view of her new target. They went to work immediately, scanning through the cobra-like oid's systems looking for weak spots for her allies to exploit.

Her legs, however, remained oddly tensed.

Scan Andrake for weak spots.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2013, 01:48:10 am »

((Boomp))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:43 am »

I have nothing else to really have Fox do, so..
Seduce Riu Continue following orders.
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2013, 06:59:34 am »

((@Sentient: Aw, boo <_< Do you need help thinking of an action or something? I try not to make my turn boring for everyone... :( ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2013, 07:02:27 am »

((It's not that it's boring, I just don't have any interactions or talking to do.))
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2013, 07:07:37 am »

((It's not that it's boring, I just don't have any interactions or talking to do.))

((well, technically, you're all machines who can choose to communicate at light speed, though it gives you something like a headache after awhile. You could have a full conversation with anyone without seriously impacting the turn-just for future reference.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2013, 10:52:51 am »

Striker watched the sniper jump back into cover. Shooting a human, even a Oid would have been bad enough. Striker knew that ether the world had gone crazy or he had. But he did not have time to think on it, a message from Septima came though. Quick and to the point. Built for command that one, or perhaps learned over long years. At ether rate he needed to act. The commands seemed risky to him, leaving the  green Fox Oid to battle it out with the sniper seemed like a desperation play. But Septima would have a better handle on the situation on the ground then him. Already he was sliding his rifle back into it back and reving up his arms. He sent a short burst message to the Fox Oid "Good luck buddy. I believe in you."

A blast of air jumped him up and over the roof, his body shifting as he fell. His secondary body engines engaged, a chill flooding though him as the Frezon flooded though long unused piping. The reenforced lance was hooked on to his left main engine, already mist was forming at the tip as the Frezon readied for a power strike. Five feet from the ground he brought his engines up to full throttle and screamed forward, aiming at the snake like Oid.

Power Strike on Andrake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2013, 02:12:03 pm »

[Burst Message To: Striker]"Thanks. Y-you too."
Black lives matter.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2013, 03:35:29 pm »

((Y'all do realize that this plan's a suggestion, not a 'we're doing this now' thing? I am not entirely convinced of it either. It's a gamble. Stylish if it works and ends the battle in one fell swoop, risky if it fails. I've laid out a Plan B and everything if you don't agree with this Plan A. Plan B would mostly consist of me stalling for time while you finish the sniper, just generally be playing it solid. I can take their fire, but I'm a bit scared of RIU getting picked off.

That being said, I believe that FOX can occupy the sniper on his own. Not defeat him on his own, but prevent him from threatening the rest of our group through suppressive fire and all that.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »

((Give the order and he'll do it and that's not just because he's really small and one good kick is all he really needs to kick the robotic buckt.
Black lives matter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

((I'm not sure exactly how health actually works, since we do damage as numbers but health as percentages. I think the plan is good, otherwise I wouldn't have taken it. But I would feel better if I knew... I mean, I hit the sniper with seven damage, that seems like a lot, but maybe not. I also don't know how initiative actually works, since it appears we are not actually going by what we roll.

If Fox can take the sniper with reasonable speed I agree that me switching to the leader is a good idea. If we can dps down the leader and Fox can take out the sniper the only one left is Siya, who is pretty beastly, even if she does have low damage output. But she is a ground based melee, I can just grab you and we can wear her down from up in the air if she won't surrender (Maybe she had a side arm, but still, at the worst we can just run away and she can't do a thing about it.)

The only bad part is perhaps that you are trying to distract the snake dude, I don't see what that will actually do, like, mechanically. Ether it would be like a aid another action, which he is not tanky enough to use on, or it going to make him target you, which is sorta nice for me, but I think I can take at least one hit from him and hopefully we can knock him out fast enough that we don't have to worry about him getting another hit in. I think our best bet is to try to totally obliterate him with our strongest attacks then play keep away with Siya))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:03:47 pm by Criptfeind »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2013, 02:58:48 am »

((@Cript: It's both!

100% Energy is 10/10 HP.
200% Energy is 20/20 HP.
etc, etc. I try to match the ticks to your exact life.
I could take away the % marks if it's too confusing.

And the initiative was just being rolled this turn-you guys got a planned ambush, so you all hit first anyway. Next turn the init numbers determine attack order.

And yeah, the sniper lost about half of his life. Expect most humans for now, who aren't one hit scrubs-to have 10 life, and basic armor like yours. Oids will generally match your beginning model stats.

And Fox may be small and low armored, but he has 24 Defense. Barring horrible luck, he's actually quite evasive-and it's much better to dodge an attack entirely than take it on the nose. Plus he can fly-it's why Striker and Fox have low armor in the first place. Otherwise I couldn't nearly fudge him crossing the distance to the sniper roost without being fired upon.

And...sorry for being confusing, anyway...I hope you're all not too disgruntled.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2013, 10:15:37 am »

((PLAN ACTIVATE i guess if this is what I was supposed to do))
[Burst to: Team]"I'm going in.."
Sneak to the sniper's position as stealthily as possible.
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 8/A Proven Edge
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2013, 04:32:26 am »

Clair begins to move quietly toward Blair, using the cover and their distraction to her advantage..

[Stealth Roll (14)+0+4=18]

Not a single one notices her, not even the OCP scanner. The continue to stare nervously at the shrubby field.

Clair crawls through the plants easily, not rustling them at all-listening for a distinctive noise...in the days long gone of Earth, a soldier might have called it a cricket clicker. A seemingly innocuous device that makes a small sound, so soldiers can find one another without alerting their pursuers by speaking-or sending messages. Clair and Blair were trained to emit this certain noise in levels so low as to be unnoticeable from background static...but, her systems are tuned into it perfectly.

When she hears it, it's as good as following a homing beacon to Blair's position.

He's lying in a small divot, near the center of the field. He smiles, and Clair may smile as well-but, she can't help but notice he's taken some battle damage.

Sending transmissions is easy is close proximity.

"Clair! That was some fine work. Those buzzbrains never saw you. Makes our job a bit easier, that's for sure...and, it's good to see you.

Like I said, I have a plan. So listen, tell me what you think. Before they made me, I saw them assembling some sort of weapon structure, to the South of us-I believe they're going to set up some sort of anti-air missile batteries, was what it looked like. Whatever it is, it'll shred anybody who tries to fly in here. I think we should destroy it-hit and run. If we time it right, they'll be dealing with us while the cavalry arrives...

Now, here's the trick. I also saw a bunch of civs being herded into the nano-growth hab you passed by-and lots of materials being brought in. Bomb making materials-I checked, radiation spikes all over the place. It's ugly, but I think they'll blow the hab and kill everyone when they get overrun-it'll ruin the crops. Though, it's more likely they just want the place intact for negotiations. Given enough time, I think they'd route the pesticides to the water or atmosphere, as well-but I didn't see any chem barrels on them. They'd have to settle for scuttling.

Anyway, I figure we secure the hostages first-disarm any bombs. Then we'll go after the launchers. Or we could split up. What do you think?"

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Blair (click to show/hide)
---
Meanwhile...

Quote from: Initiative Order
Andrake/16+5=21
Fox/[15]+3+3=21
Septima/[17]+3=20
Striker/[13]+2+3=18
Siya/[8]+1=9
Riu/[2]+3=5

Andrake really needs no additional incentive to attack Septima. His guns rattle again, deadly bullets flying...

Andrake Attack [10]+13=23 vs Septima Defense 21=Hit!
Damage 2d3=3-2=1

Only a few rounds hit Septima squarely-but those that do shred through her armor as if it was paper.

Septima -10% Energy

At the same time, Fox hovers across the battlefield quickly-looking for the sniper who fell back. He keeps low, trying to hide himself. Afraid of a heavy round swatting him from the sky.

[Stealth Roll (17)+10=27]

But, none comes. Nor can he see anyone in the buildings windows.

It's probably the tallest building in the district-a sturdy, two floor apartment, or perhaps a diner or bar. He might be hiding inside. Fox has to decide if he should press on, or wait and watch.

Septima, cognizant of the Humoid charging her with powered fists, resorts to a small trick of hers-she shines a high intensity laser from her omnitool armor right into Siyu's optics.

Siya Will Save [10]+1=11 vs DC 12
Stunned! (Duration 1 turn)

Even Oids can be blinded-as is demonstrated now. All Siya's optical sensors simultaneously overload in a flash of red light.

Status Effects: Stun

The stun condition can be applied by various means-electromagnetic pulses, damage to the optical sensors, or even heavy concussive force. It's a catch all for blindness, deafness and general shock damage.

Stunned chars take a –5 penalty to defense, loses any defense bonuses that rely on being cognizant-such as innate dodging or chips-and automatically fail any skill checks that require the blinded sense. All opponents are considered to have a base 50% miss chance to the stunned character, not to mention being unable to properly identify targets.

Depressingly, Siya contines to move foreward-homing in on Septima's general position, wheeling her fists about in anger...but her momentum is slowed, and she can no longer keep up her charge.

Siya Attack [9]+11=20 vs Septima Defense 21=Miss!

Septima dances away from the pummeling fists nimbly. Siya is certainly going to be pissed off in another few moments.

But for now, she's got a snake to fry...

Septima moves past and makes what can only be considered a very rude gesture to Captain Andrake. Before he can respond, there's a burring noise behind him...

((I read this as an aid action for Striker. Also, taking away the roll requirement for helping. A bit of a D&D relic, there))

Striker has been using the time offered by Septima to casually circle the battlefield-and now he's coming down the opposite end of the street, his lance aimed at the foemans heart. He releases some extra juice into it, perhaps not feeling very merciful at all.

Striker Attack [10]+14+2=26 vs Andrake Defense 19=Hit!
Damage 2d3+2+1=7-3=4

Andrake -40% Energy
Striker -20% Coolant

It strikes Andrake head on, sending him spinning down to the street in a hail of sparks.

Riu wishes she had a better gun, surely, but her skills are certainly more subtle-a few moments scanning Captain Andrake reveals a common core defect, and a venting problem. She relays the information to her teammates, smiling slightly.

Captain Andrake Scanned! +1 to Crit range vs

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Septima (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: RIU (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: FOX-01 (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Striker (click to show/hide)

!!Warning-Hostile Oids detected!!

[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Siya (click to show/hide)

[IIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Echo (click to show/hide)
[IIIIIIIIII]
Spoiler: Andrake (click to show/hide)

((sorry for the crappier wait than usual. My bro shattered my laptop screen sometime this week <_< Been annoying to fix.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:18:00 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16