Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 9/Head of the Snake  (Read 14688 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Decembre in Paradisum Turn 5 Fanatical Momentum
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:01 am »

"...well... if I salvaged your core CPU, there's a chance. You might not survive it, and I don't know when or where I'd be able to get you another body from, but... it's an option."

Omlom nods.

"Omlom will sleep then, and maybe he will wake up with your help. But you must hurry...if they see.."

Continue purging myself.

Will Save (0)+5+15=20 vs dc 11

Virus Purged Successfully~
Cleanup in Progress...
Subroutines analyzed, protection updated...

Fox feels the last vestiges of the malicious code cleansed from his system, and he breathes a sigh of relief as he comes back to his body. He feels his systems reconfiguring themselves-hard won immunity earned by pain.

Gained Trait: Type E Virus Resistance/+1 to Willpower rolls against Viruses
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2013, 09:05:29 am »

By all accounts, this situation could have gone by better. This situation could have been handled better.

Examining retrospectives... ...no. All that it amounted to was that every choice would have been the wrong one. She couldn't have backed down, even to just because this was her turf and she couldn't just ignore things like these happening on her turf. But fighting a HOUND unit on her own... the algorithm predicted trouble if she were to fight more than one of these at once, or more than three in total.

Situational analysis continues... Escaping now was a no-go. Not with there being a chance of the HOUND chasing and using her missiles recklessly, while also announcing her location to the entire squad. She'd need to get rid of her first, one way or the other. The good part of this was that, if she'd get reinforcements, those reinforcements

Either way... she'd not be able to live around here any longer, not after getting caught right on her doorstep. And the Grey would have to pull a few strings, to keep the people here from retribution. If retribution happened... it would be her fault. And she'd never forgive herself for it.

Recommended course of action: All or nothing.

C'mon, Septima... Isn't like it's your first time having to hit that one shot.

Offensive Mode, Power Shot, HOUND. Lessgo. Then, if she's scared off, or her reinforcements are incoming, escape into some alleyways, someplace the Harpy can't get a clear line of fire. General direction: Towards whatever kind of hell the rest of her squad is stirring up.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2013, 09:06:34 am »

"Apologies Mam. I don't know who did this, some terrorist group or another I assume Is there anything I can do for him?." Striker says distractedly as he indicates the spasming Oid. He wanted to fly off now and meet up with the other so called agents, but he knew he could not just leave this Oid to fight on his own if he could help it in any way. "I also got attacked by the Virus, but I was fine... Maybe something?"

((I don't know if I can help virused Oids this way, but hey, might as well give it a try. Also, how much can I carry well flying? I am certainly not made for passengers, but can I take minuses to my piloting skill and have someone cling on or something?))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:08:55 am by Criptfeind »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2013, 10:18:11 am »

See if anyone can cover the terrorist. If not say...

"I need to go. I would shoot you so you can't hurt anyone else, but it doesn't feel right to kill a unarmed person and I'm not going to force a gun in your hand to make feel better."

Run for the Hydroponics Domes, using what spare processors I not using to purge the virus.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2013, 03:48:04 pm »

"Alright. Good luck, OMLOM..."

Work quickly, remove OMLOM's CPU and keep it safe.

Then go back to guarding the terrorist.

"...so. You said all you could do was soften the blow.

What do you think will happen if you didn't do... this?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2013, 04:19:30 pm »

"Um, hello."
((Addressed to Riu))
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »

"Oh, hello." Riu cocked her head curiously at the animoid.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

Fox was nervous; he'd never met an Oid outside of the Insitute before.
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2013, 04:23:24 pm »

"...uh, are you okay?" Riu said cheerfully, noticing his nervousness. "My name is Riu."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »

"H-hi. I'm FOX Unit 01, or Fox for short."
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2013, 04:32:15 pm »

"Hello, Fox. Were you here when the, uh..." she glanced around, looking a bit distraught, "when all this happened?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »

"I was going somewhere and heard some gunshots, so I came to help."
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:55 pm »

"Ah, good. That was very thoughtful of you."

Riu paused a moment, glancing at the ground.

"I was far closer, I'm afraid. I saw it start. I did what I could to help, but... it moved so fast."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2013, 04:40:52 pm »

"It's terrible that people would do this.."
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2013, 04:44:05 pm »

"It really is," she responded sadly. "I tried to get some answers out of one of the people who did it, but... it wasn't very illuminating. Just said it had to be done, avoiding a greater evil, nothing specific."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16