Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 445319 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #3855 on: August 22, 2013, 06:23:45 am »

*pokes head in*
Damnit Darnos, finish the job.
*retracts head*
What job?
*head pops in from the ceiling*
The job of... eliminating Angel. For the Greater Good!
*head leaves again*
But I don't want to get splatted by the Headmistress.
Why do you hate Angel anyway? Wasn't your fatal argument with the HM against Nikki?
*head makes like a jack-in-the-box*
Decided to reapply once Angel dies. Hopefully Nikki will be dead by then as well.
*head leaves*
How nice.
Mind if I ask your logic?

Medea, Nikki, Victoria, Selina, the Headmistress, and Meme.

And Angerus beating his skull in.
I'm not exactly seeking out hostilities.
You attacked a student. You don't have much choice.
If you actually killed Angel, your only choice is "Where do I want the Headmistress to kill me," with shoices being limited to anywhere you can run before she finds out.

Wait.
ehehe
ehehahahrharhr
HAHARRHHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I FIGURED OUT A LOOPHOLE
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA     
Oh?

Xant, just accpect this and RP it gracefully. Don't be Gamerlord 2.0
+1

I'm not going to blatantly go against character or anything like that (and anyway Gamerlord died because of a radical morality, not anything else), but seriously Angel took away some of Darnos' free will for the sake of getting three people together in a relationship.
I'm going to ruin that.
Angel didn't think things through. She was trying for addiction, and didn't really consider the related enthrallment.
Hey, Gamerlord? Remember how you said I wasn't playing Angel like a real 5-year-old? Is this better?
(And, as noted, rag has a good idea on what another reason for this is.)

Also Gamerlord got modkilled because of conflicting morality issues. He actually died because of his RP. And sure I'll RP it ... when I have to.
But seriously she took away part of my character for the sake of a relationship that by the personality of one of the characters involved in it (Isaac) will not work without some sort of mind control.
I'm going to resist this at every opportunity.
I'll continue my search for a cure since Rag hasn't said that I can't.
And when I get cured - and trust me, through pure force of persistence I will - I will make all those even tangenitally responsible pay.
Angel took away Darnos' free will through blood.
She will pay for that in blood.
Poetic.
I'm sure Darnos will. It will be...interesting.

Sooo...hes gonna try to kill/hurt Angel...You do realize that everyone would jump on him at once, right?
Yeah, but imagine this for a second. I know vampire stuff doesn't work on Angerus due to him being a Space Marine, but pretend that it did. Pretend that when Angel drank his blood, he was forbidden from
-being angry
-shouting
-swearing

This is essentially what I believe will happen to Darnos. Everything that defines his character (his dickery, indifference to people's suffering, no emotions) will probably be taken away, leaving me nothing to RP with.
Don't be absurd. He can still be those things, just not to Angel.

To be fair it's kinda my fault too...

I'm the one that set up half of Angel's reason for what she did.
Regretting it yet?

Would exterminating all vampires everywhere deal with the addiction?
Would causing the tobacco plant to become extinct help a smoking addiction?

Perhaps Alex could modify Darnos's body to have vampiric venom and constantly input it into his bloodstream. As he'll be loyal to the the source of the venom and since he is the source, he'll be loyal to himself, thus counteracting Angel's control over him.
I'm not sure if that's how it works. It might just make him loyal to whatever vampire the venom's base was "copied" from.
So if it was a synthetization of a sample taken from Nikki, he would be loyal to Nikki. And also not get any kind of End rolls due to having his veins constantly pumped full of the stuff, so I'd give it 24 hours before he'd become her servant.
Careful--when you play with fire, you're gonna get burnt.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: August 22, 2013, 06:26:22 am »

Actually, yes it would. If there is no nicotine, a smoker has no choice but to go cold turkey.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: August 22, 2013, 06:37:27 am »

Actually, yes it would. If there is no nicotine, a smoker has no choice but to go cold turkey.
Yep. And it would probably cause the death of several other species.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: August 22, 2013, 07:02:21 am »

Which is exactly what would happen to Xantalos. Except with what is evidently a much, much less pleasant withdrawal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: August 22, 2013, 07:15:13 am »

I wonder if it could be synthesised - firstly, in order to produce the toxin, something has to change within the body. Secondly, I assume the toxin is different to each person, hence the individual attraction. With a sample, it could be synthesised, but you'd have to take one from angel and one from Nikki to find which parts cause the toxin to be person specific. And because they are person specific, unless it is caused by a mutation or forced rewiring - the latter of which is fairly predictable to work with, it will be possible to tailor the toxin to a non-vamp. Hopefully. I got me some science to do... Hehehehe.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: August 22, 2013, 07:25:10 am »

If you actually killed Angel, your only choice is "Where do I want the Headmistress to kill me," with shoices being limited to anywhere you can run before she finds out.
Angel attacked first, and it was a much worse attack. I would be more concerned about your own chance of survival.

*head pops out of floor hatch*
Don't forget to get him to resurrect me!
*ducks below*
Oh, you've completely misunderstood Alex's plan.
But not Xantalos's!
No, I mean that none of the PCs could pay Alex enough to bring Vornar back. Possibly even if they pooled their resources.

Victoria lays Angel down on a bed and gets a member of staff to attend to her.
((I'm pretty sure she's being healed right now.))
((Do they have healing magic? Otherwise I don't think they can do much about a shattered face.))
We're in a school for magic. Several shown characters can manipulate biology, not to mention there was that nurse that took care of Vornar after his... accident.
I'm guessing that's a fairly safe bet for "yes."

Theo slams the last book shut. "Nothing here in M for an antidote. Plenty about how it's more addictive than crack."
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that the library is vast and has terrible, terrible organisation. I don't think it's alphabetised.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:29:04 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: August 22, 2013, 07:36:23 am »

Just pulling out everything I could find on medicine I suppose. But thanks for pointing that one out.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: August 22, 2013, 07:40:21 am »

Just pulling out everything I could find on medicine I suppose. But thanks for pointing that one out.
Go find Death. He may be able to help.

*head pops out of floor hatch*
Don't forget to get him to resurrect me!
*ducks below*
Oh, you've completely misunderstood Alex's plan.
But not Xantalos's!
No, I mean that none of the PCs could pay Alex enough to bring Vornar back. Possibly even if they pooled their resources.
Herr Doktor might be more amenable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: August 22, 2013, 07:43:02 am »

Angel attacked first, and it was a much worse attack. I would be more concerned about your own chance of survival.
I suppose that which is worse is a matter of opinion. If Angel had access to OOC knowledge, though, she'd be able to come up with a good defense and I'm really annoyed with rag right now. I only hope that this situation is annoying him as much as me.
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:14 am »

I suppose that which is worse is a matter of opinion.
Not really. Her attack was a long-term mindrapey thing that has extremely limited numbers of people able and willing to fix it. And that's just how it turned out after he got a good roll to resist it, a slightly worse roll and he would have been a thrall.
His was a much shorter-term attack that caused a large amount of pain and some bleeding but is unlikely to lead to anything worse given the large numbers of people around capable of dealing with it.
Plus, his was in response to an attack "provoked" because he turned down the chance to manipulate people.
I mean, I guess if your "opinion" is "mind-rape and random assault is a-ok" then sure, her attack was fine, but then again if that's your opinion you would be unlikely to object to his counter, so who cares?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:54:51 am by Harbingerjm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:56 am »

Point taken.

P.S. Everyone, have someone check your equipment before the next mission...
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: August 22, 2013, 08:07:02 am »

Weren't we supposed to return all of that after the last one?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: August 22, 2013, 08:08:51 am »

I don't think so.. I think they're rentals for the first few missions if I remember correctly.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:21 am »

I'm not sure how it works, but what I know about the gear made me think that it was permanently assigned.

P.S. rag, would you mind if I told the others the same OOC knowledge I have about why Angel's acting unusual?
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: August 22, 2013, 08:35:34 am »

I don't think so.. I think they're rentals for the first few missions if I remember correctly.
Rentals, yes, but for how long each time?

I'm not sure how it works, but what I know about the gear made me think that it was permanently assigned.

"Well, for this mission, we go down there and pick up some rentals. Once we figure out what you're best at we'll get you some actual kit."

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 508