Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1245242 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #12705 on: August 22, 2013, 02:39:05 am »

"Yellow? What's happening?"
[RTD:6] Victoria decides that trying to keep track of everything she's hearing is too difficult. Time for some parallel processing...
A quiet cracking sound emanates from Victoria's mental representation. Her form instantly shatters into innumerable scintillating pieces before recollecting in a humanoid form and manifesting once more, the figure that now stands there resembled Victoria, except she looked a bit pale and seemed slightly ill, she still had that cute smile on her face though and the same general features. Her clothing is now far more casual, a reddish-pink summer dress, a scabbard with blade stored within it is present on the ground next to her, she's visibly leaning on it...

Upon closer examination, it becomes clear that her dress is actually a pure luminous white, a few wayward spots of its original color still remain though most of it is dyed various shades of pink by blood. Judging by the wounds partially concealed by the dress, it's her blood. The numerous hidden wounds vary in depth and length but were all inflicted by edged trauma, the originating angles and relation between location and depth indicate they were self-inflicted. The largest wound was a stab wound straight through the heart, though it wasn't visible, the red stain over it was a rather informative indicator. If it wasn't for the fact this was a mental representation rather than the physical world, she would already be dead.

Multiple voices simultaneously originate from the figure, none of them in sync with her lip movements, with each voice seemed to originate from points orbiting her.

"Directive acquired... commencing operations..."
"Please... someone.. please kill me! It hurts so much! *sob* ithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurts oh please kill me end it all please... *sob* I'm begging you.. someone..."
"Kyah~♥ Selina's so cute even when she's talking to herself ^_^ I really want to give Blue a hug~♥ Sooooooooo cute!"
"All shall end. This is a mere instant in the eternity of time. Death overcomes all. Elimination of perpetrators is unnecessary for the attrition of time shall grind them to dust. All shall die. None shall be spared."
"Meh, whatever."
"Who am I? What am I? I recall I was once known as Victoria, yet I no longer am... how long until I revert?"
"Hmm... I wonder what thoughts Selina has stored here... could be useful to find out... then again, contacting her personalities may be beneficial as well..."
"I'm sorry Selina... I shouldn't have come here... I'm sorry for loving you... I'm sorry for ever meeting you... I'm sorry for existing... I'm sorry that all I can do is apologize and not take action..."
"*speaks to thin air* Hi Selina! How are feeling? Do you want to do anything right now? *waits for a few seconds even though no one responds* Okay sure! That sounds great!"
"..."
"Why am I bleeding? I feel like I'll regret this later..."
"Interesting... I seem to be fully capable of maintaining this state with minimal concentration."
"Am I insane? Could I already have been in a delusion and dived further in? Or is this reality... perhaps I'm over thinking it."
"Body systems are fully operational. No anomalies detected."
"My life has really moved quickly hasn't it? Within three days I'm a relationship and starting a family..."

Supplice activates all of her personalities and attempts to breach into the locked area, focusing on breaching it via constant mental force application to the weakest part. [SPI:91+16]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:50:47 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Oberon23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: August 22, 2013, 02:44:04 am »

And now, the rest of the backstory...

Elsewhere in Castle Marik, a tall dignified demon with pale skin and hair sit in a luxuriously appointed room behind an enormous polished treant-wood desk and thinks to himself. After a minute he straightens his shoulders and snaps his fingers. A shadowy humanoid figure forms out of the darkness behind his left shoulder and waits.

"Chancellor Are, your orders, sir?"

"Yes, important ones. Very important. It seems Overlord Marik has decided to go through with his idea to send Zeist to school, although not where I had originally anticipated. He seems to have sent Zeist to another dimension for schooling, and not to Evil Academy. While this makes my plans easier, yours I'm afraid will be slightly more difficult."

The shadowy figure waits soundlessly.

"It seems that Zeist will be attending a place called Twilight Academy. From what Marik has confided in me, it exists in a pocket dimension tied to that universe and seems to be nearly impenetrable. Also, the Headmistress of the school, if this information is accurate, is more than capable of holding her own against the Legendary Baal. To be precise, she could 'beat the living fucking hell out of him while she is blindfolded, with  both arms and one leg tied behind her back while drinking a vanilla shake'.

The shadow shivers. "I can't believe that's possible, Your Excellency."

"My thoughts as well. Still, it behooves us to be cautious, and a direct confrontation would most certainly give us away. However, being a Magical Combat School, the students are sent out on missions as part of field training. So my orders are to assassinate Zeist using triple level native agents ((hire somebody to hire somebody to hire somebody)) with zero chance at resurrection or reincarnation, and it CANNOT fail. We have time, so be patient." Are reaches into his desk, pulls out a manila envelope and tosses it over his shoulder. "Here is all the information I can provide for you. Not much, but I know with your talents it will be sufficient. Take whatever resources you need, but go alone. That is all."

The figure disperses as Are pours himself a Styx brandy and props his feet on the desk, imagining thousands of demons chanting Overlord Are.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: August 22, 2013, 03:00:36 am »

Alex gets curious and heads towards the sound of Angerus' praying.
"Huh? What happened to her?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: August 22, 2013, 06:05:18 am »

Angel is still passed out due to no medical care being applied yet. Where are all the healers?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: August 22, 2013, 06:08:30 am »

Victoria lays Angel down on a bed and gets a member of staff to attend to her.
((I'm pretty sure she's being healed right now.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: August 22, 2013, 06:09:41 am »

Victoria lays Angel down on a bed and gets a member of staff to attend to her.
((I'm pretty sure she's being healed right now.))
((Do they have healing magic? Otherwise I don't think they can do much about a shattered face.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: August 22, 2013, 07:06:06 am »

Theo slams the last book shut. "Nothing here in M for an antidote. Plenty about how it's more addictive than crack."
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Oberon23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: August 22, 2013, 07:42:30 am »

A less then dramatic entrance.

In the void above the Twilight Academy, a two-dimensional swirling vortex of blue, white, and yellow appears. A humanoid shape appears flying from the center and lands in front of the gate, making a 20' crater and a second later a loud BOOM, like a thunderclap, reverberates through the air outside. When the dust settles from the crater, the figure is upside down, feet in the air, and head stuck in the ground. After a another second, it pushes it's head out of the ground, revealing a young face with golden eyes, pointed ears, and pointed canines. Nervously, he looks around, and upon seeing the imposing structure in front of him.

"This is the most amazing school ever! When I become Overlord I am so gonna redesign the castle just like this! Well, except for more gargoyles."

Nervousness forgotten about, he rushes inside the building.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:45 am »

((Wait didn't you already enter?))
Sig

Oberon23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:05 am »

((Lol, now I have. I just didn't want to make a huge post right off the bat so I split it up))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:09 am »

Alex stumbles slightly at the loud boom, wincing slightly in displeasure.
"What is it with this place and loud noises, I'm going to have to fix my hearing at this rate..."
Alex then turns and stalks irritably towards the front door to investigate the noise.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: August 22, 2013, 08:06:26 am »

"Did you hear that giant thunderclap just then, Medea? I wonder what happened.."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: August 22, 2013, 08:09:41 am »

Theo moves to the front doors to see what the noise is about. He's wearing a heavy apron in addition to his regular lab coat and smells of smoke. [10] He notices the large crater outside, but not the Demon. "That's odd. I'm sure that wasn't me. But hey, most things are. Meh."
He turns around to go back to his dorm.
Sig

Oberon23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: August 22, 2013, 08:14:05 am »

Zeist is in the entrance way marveling wide eyed at the architecture. Upon seeing anybody he takes a deep breathe, compoeses himself and walks over.

Ok, ok settle down, first impressions are important, these are humans, so they might be a little weird.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:18 am »

"Yellow? What's happening?"
[RTD:6] Victoria decides that trying to keep track of everything she's hearing is too difficult. Time for some parallel processing...
A quiet cracking sound emanates from Victoria's mental representation. Her form instantly shatters into innumerable scintillating pieces before recollecting in a humanoid form and manifesting once more, the figure that now stands there resembled Victoria, except she looked a bit pale and seemed slightly ill, she still had that cute smile on her face though and the same general features. Her clothing is now far more casual, a reddish-pink summer dress, a scabbard with blade stored within it is present on the ground next to her, she's visibly leaning on it...

Upon closer examination, it becomes clear that her dress is actually a pure luminous white, a few wayward spots of its original color still remain though most of it is dyed various shades of pink by blood. Judging by the wounds partially concealed by the dress, it's her blood. The numerous hidden wounds vary in depth and length but were all inflicted by edged trauma, the originating angles and relation between location and depth indicate they were self-inflicted. The largest wound was a stab wound straight through the heart, though it wasn't visible, the red stain over it was a rather informative indicator. If it wasn't for the fact this was a mental representation rather than the physical world, she would already be dead.

Multiple voices simultaneously originate from the figure, none of them in sync with her lip movements, with each voice seemed to originate from points orbiting her.

"Directive acquired... commencing operations..."
"Please... someone.. please kill me! It hurts so much! *sob* ithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurts oh please kill me end it all please... *sob* I'm begging you.. someone..."
"Kyah~♥ Selina's so cute even when she's talking to herself ^_^ I really want to give Blue a hug~♥ Sooooooooo cute!"
"All shall end. This is a mere instant in the eternity of time. Death overcomes all. Elimination of perpetrators is unnecessary for the attrition of time shall grind them to dust. All shall die. None shall be spared."
"Meh, whatever."
"Who am I? What am I? I recall I was once known as Victoria, yet I no longer am... how long until I revert?"
"Hmm... I wonder what thoughts Selina has stored here... could be useful to find out... then again, contacting her personalities may be beneficial as well..."
"I'm sorry Selina... I shouldn't have come here... I'm sorry for loving you... I'm sorry for ever meeting you... I'm sorry for existing... I'm sorry that all I can do is apologize and not take action..."
"*speaks to thin air* Hi Selina! How are feeling? Do you want to do anything right now? *waits for a few seconds even though no one responds* Okay sure! That sounds great!"
"..."
"Why am I bleeding? I feel like I'll regret this later..."
"Interesting... I seem to be fully capable of maintaining this state with minimal concentration."
"Am I insane? Could I already have been in a delusion and dived further in? Or is this reality... perhaps I'm over thinking it."
"Body systems are fully operational. No anomalies detected."
"My life has really moved quickly hasn't it? Within three days I'm a relationship and starting a family..."

Supplice activates all of her personalities and attempts to breach into the locked area, focusing on breaching it via constant mental force application to the weakest part. [SPI:91+16]
"Victoria, what just... uh oh..." Yellow fades out as a small rumbling is heard before (1... on a D100...) the entire locked off area shatters! After a minute of mental dust settling, Yellow, Blue, Green, Gray, and Not!Selina are all standing there, wearing their respective colors.

"WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED!?"

"...Boom..."

"This is going to cause so many problems."

"This has never happened before."

"I wonder if we could take over now, and be cut endlessly."

Then they all stop suddenly, with Not!Selina, Yellow, and Gray staring open mouthed  at the sheer amount Victoria copies.

"...Boom..."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 2349