Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32389 times)

Jembot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Critical Failures are Serious Busniess
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2013, 02:54:17 am »

Oh exactly
You people are insane.
Hello there, we're Bay12! So pleased to meet you!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2013, 07:48:17 am »

I find it funny to watch them squirm.
Xantalos, you are horrible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

I find it funny to watch them squirm.
Xantalos, you are horrible.
That's partially the point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2013, 04:37:59 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 10

Fig-Gnasher: Ready an action to attack any enemy cutebold that comes within reach. Guard Gladys.
X, Albus: CHARGE! The nearer one, to be specific.
Gladys: Um...Whatever you want, I guess. Just don't hurt Fig-Gnasher or yourself.
By the way, Fig-Gnasher, is it fine if I call you Figgy?

"Ish no moar insultine then mah currant nam. I ish fien with it."

"The bigger Kobolds love to give their Cutebold kinfolk names that imply they are vegetarians, impotent, or not bigoted enough towards the other races; which incidentally are the three most insulting things you can call a Kobold. Its actually hilarious.... Although now that I brought that up, I have a feeling you Cutebold lovers may just try to change his name completely or something... Actualy, considering the type of name GWG is giving out in this game, he might just get something even dumber... hehehe"

"Ish tru. Maeg I just murdereredz was caled Halfwing-Hugger."

Alright. Lets get on with it. X and Albus are already in reach of the Kobold attacking them, so a charge is not necessary. I coooooooouuuld be a dick literal genie GM and make them back off first and then charge, provoking an AoO, but I think I'll behave myself for now.

X takes the first swing this time, the roll is only a 6, but her very good attack bonus of 5 is more than enough to make the swordswipe hit its foe. The attack nails the cutebold in the gut for 5 damage, badly wounding it.

Albus goes next, and strikes back at the cutebold who attacked it last turn. The Wolfmutt's attack roll is also a six, and his bonus of 3 is only enough to make it tie with the adorable creature's AC...

...Well I seem to be in the habit of giving ties to the party. I think I will keep that up until the worst possible moment to lose a tie. The attack hits, and because Albus' minimum damage of 3 is more than the Kobold has in terms of HP...

Albus tears out the Cutebold's Throat, and it falls to the ground dead!

"Aroooooooo!"

Fig-Gnasher readies an attack for when the last Cutebold inevitably approaches...

...The last cutebold inevitably approaches, and the two evenly matched creatures exchange blows!

As he had prepared his action, Fig-Gnasher gets to attack first. His attack hits dead on with an attack roll of 19! His damage roll is five, and with a damage bonus of 1 the last foe is brought down to 1 HP!

As usual in a situation where the final foe is brought down to less than 5% health or 1 HP, it begs for its life.

"I can haz mercies plz? Pweety plz?"

"No. You shud no haz mercy. U kno Fig-Gnasher is raec trader and shud die so othor Cutebolds dunt know Fig-Gnasher is Race-Trader!"

"As much as it pains me to agree with Fig-Gnasher... KILL IT FIGGY! MURDER IT DEAD"

Gods above, you guys sure get lucky with those last foes. I guess it is up to you all if you want another adorable and totally trustworthy Cutebold on the party, or if you should just kill the bastard. Do remember you are down to your last healing spell and some of the party is a little scratched up.

None of the loot this time is heavy or useful enough that it matters who carries it, but you can argue about that anyway. Assuming you kill the last 'bold loot is as follows:

+4 Cutebold Loincloths
+2 Cutebold Knifes
+2 Dog Skull Mage Hats
+2 Cutebold Spellbooks
+4 Kobold Rations
The last Kobold will be holding a knife, a loincloth, and a ration if you spare it.

Also, Fig-Gnasher got a level up from that impressive performance, but all he gets out of it is 1 max HP. If he survives one more battle, he hits level three and can choose to practice magic or go nuclear.

Last but not least, you should choose where to go next. If you intend to aim for that treasure room, you can go Northeast or Southeast to get closer. Also you can exit the dungeon and end the Prelude now if you are worried about low health/spell reserves, or just want to grab teamwork level-ups.

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:19:38 pm by Weirdsound »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Continue the Prelude? Y/N
« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2013, 04:43:39 pm »

Yeah, go ahead and slay that kobold, Fig-Gnasher. Seal your partnership with X in blood.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2013, 04:44:38 pm »

He your kin, you decide, Fig.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2013, 04:45:46 pm »

Quigleyurk: Ask if the cutebold will follow us without healing.

Figgy: Kill the other kobold if he
(she?) says no.

Head southeast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »

Doh. I forgot that Quigleyurk-the-Jobfic, ov-Zantmydsawp has leveled up as well. The dice love our main character, so she gains the maximum 6 HP she can get as a halfling. Also pick between one of the following two abilities for her!

Ride Down: You can charge through a small foe while mounted, attacking it with a +3 attack bonus and 2d4+2 damage. This does not provoke AoOs but it does count as your action for the turn. You cannot ride down more than two foes per battle.
Cross Your Bows and Dot Your Foes: You gain an extra +2 attack bonus with the crossbow, and threaten a crossbow critical hit on an attack roll of 18-20.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

I like the sound of Cross Your Bows and Dot Your Foes.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2013, 04:57:51 pm »

I like the sound of Cross Your Bows and Dot Your Foes.
Agreed. However, Quigleyurk is our only good melee character at the moment, so making her ranged might not be a great idea.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2013, 04:58:06 pm »

X gets Ride Down, despite how cool Cross Your Bows and Dot Your Foes sounds

Spare the cutebold to give Gladys a toy, Gladys should get more toys

((I want to speak without the characters hearing me. can I keep text inside double-parens hidden?))

Go northeast so we can exit if things go sour, but right now we would benefit from more exploration and looting
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:01:48 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2013, 05:15:13 pm »

((I want to speak without the characters hearing me. can I keep text inside double-parens hidden?))

Hrrrrmmm.... why not? But you can't give commands/instructions/suggestions unless everybody can hear

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2013, 05:18:50 pm »

Trust Fig-Gnasher and kill the kobold.  Give the kobold rations, one of the hats, and one of the spellbooks to Fig-Gnasher.  X can have the other spellbook., Also continue the prelude and head northeast towards the treasure trove.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:21:28 pm by BunnyBob77 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »

((Oh, yeah? Figgy: Juggle loincloths.))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »

((look, it could be usefull for different players to pick specific characters and cater to that character's specific wishes, even if it's against the good of the party as a whole. they'll just *coincidentally* get outvoted so it doesn't happen. that way when we need influence, we'll have someone with the leverage we need.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32