Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32367 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Do You Believe in Magic?
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

"Tanks. U can alzo maek me happies by not reminding da otha playerz dat thar ish anothor maegik dood to da north. I cud even reach him, but if I doez he cannot haz blast mastah without me usin mah supah sneekish cutebold opprotoonity attak on him."
...Crap. I mistook that for another normal cutebold. Maybe we need more distinct color for the mages--red or orange or something?
On that subject, didn't Weirdsound say he would use my picture for NPCs or something?

Fig:move to the northernmost mage and attack as soon as able.
X: advance towards the southern kobold mage, but stay out of meele and ready your crossbow. as soon as that mage starts casting, shoot him to disrupt the spell.
Gladys: Move with X, if someone moves towards you and X, flank them and have a backstab party.
I'd rather have Gladys move with Fig-Gnasher. Aside from Fig's safety--always a concern--it neatly divides our party in half.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »

X: advance towards the southern kobold mage, but stay out of meele and ready your crossbow. as soon as that mage starts casting, shoot him to disrupt the spell.
Gladys: Move with X, if someone moves towards you and X, flank them and have a backstab party.
Bear in mind, we don't officially know if this works. Plus, I actually think Albus might be able to reach the mage this round, which is much better than poking him at range and then getting gummed up in the warrior cutebolds.

I'd rather have Gladys move with Fig-Gnasher. Aside from Fig's safety--always a concern--it neatly divides our party in half.
I kind of agree with this. We know Albus and X can take down most enemies on their own anyway. Fig-Gnasher might only be able to lock the mage down.

So with that, I'd suggest:

Albus and X: Try to engage the southern mage. If you can't quite reach, just blitz through the kobold in your way and get him next round.
Fig-Gnasher and Gladys: Rush the northern mage. Kill.

Theoretically, this could deal with both mages before they ever get a spell off. And if not, it should at least leave them both in deep trouble for their turn.

I would also like to take this time to flatter Gladys over how awesome her chaos spawn spell is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2013, 03:10:14 pm »

Awe-inspiring? Yes.

Practical? Not unless we have a bunch of enemies, no. Otherwise, it's a waste at best and adds a new enemy at worst.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2013, 03:13:51 pm »

It doesn't add a new enemy. It might strengthen an existing one, depending on what the stats/adjustments for chaos spawn are.

...actually, we should probably ask about that.

Hey Gladys! What are chaos spawn like?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »

Yeah, we need to get to the mages and kill them now. To that effect, IronyOwl's plan +1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2013, 03:44:03 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 10

Didn't Weirdsound say he would use my picture for NPCs or something?

Oh. Right. That could make things a bit less confusing.

*click*

There. Now all the basic mooks use your design. Onward to battle!

"Daaaaw. Tanks for caring. I dont liek boo-boo... on me." +1 Chemistry Between GWG and Fig Gnasher!

Albus and X: Try to engage the southern mage. If you can't quite reach, just blitz through the kobold in your way and get him next round. Fig-Gnasher and Gladys: Rush the northern mage. Kill.

...I would also like to take this time to flatter Gladys over how awesome her chaos spawn spell is.

"Thanks, I do very much love being flattered. I must admit I did luck out in the Morggy-Borggy casual worshiper spell lottery, but he dose make sure that all his followers have a spell or two to show off his might or spread chaos as they see fit. Its extra fitting for me though, Chaos creatures are more... fun in certain contexts than most mortals can be." +1 Chemistry between IronyOwl and Gladys

Alright. Enough sucking up to the party guys, lets get this combat going!

You ride south, and find that Albus has enough movement to reach the southernmost caster without even provoking an attack of opportunity from the peon between you and your mark.

Albus attempts to attack first by biting the mage. The attack roll is a 4, but Albus' attack bonus is enough to bring it over the caster's pathetic AC of 5. The bite deals a total of five damage, which leaves the mage standing long enough for you to get your attack in.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrough! Arrrrk!"

With your attack bonus X, you could only possibly miss the Kobold on a natural 1 critical fail. Your roll of 15 is not a natural 1 critical fail. Your minimum damage of 4 is enough to finish off the wounded mage, so I don't have to roll that.

Your dwarven blade flashes through the air, and the Cutebold Caster's head is propelled across the room in a bloody arc!

Gladys and Fig-Gnasher rush north to confront the other mage, and the winged thief reaches her quarry first. She raises her short sword of chaos and... oh my. That is a natural 1! Crit Fail!

"Oh my."

Oh my indeed. The sword shocks you for 4 chaos damage. Gladys falls to the ground stunned. Gladys will miss her next turn and are vulnerable to being coup de graced should your foe wish to risk an AoO from Fig Gnasher to perform one!

Fig-Gnasher charges into the fray, and in an act of clear and unexpected blood betrayal, turns his knife on the mage! His roll of 15 is more than enough to hit, even without the attack bonus, but he rolls his minimum damage of 2 and barely inflicts more than a deep gash on the mage.

The remaining mage chooses to back away so that it may fire off a spell safely! Of course the act of backing away provokes an opprotunistic attack from Fig Gnasher. Again the treacherous Cutebold's attack roll of 7 is enough to hit without bonus, and this time his supercharged Cutebold AoO damage bonus is enough to push a low damage roll of 2 up to a lethal 7!

Fig-Gnasher stabs his brother cutebold in the throat! The caster slumps to the ground and bleeds out!

"I can haz murderz. Kai thx die!"

One of the remaining mooks moves in and takes a swing at Albus! His roll of 12 is enough after the attack bonus to hit the Wolfmutt, but his damage roll of 2 doesn't put the loyal steed in any imeadiate danger of death.

The final mook moves towards Gladys and Fig-Gnasher. He can reach Fig-Gnasher next turn, or Gladys if he wants to risk some Cutebold AoO.

Gladys meanwhile babbles a bit in her stunned and confused state.

"Weaaaak chaos spawn are.... squishy melee wimps... chaos flavored damage... very satisfying..."

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:14:33 pm by Weirdsound »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2013, 03:53:27 pm »

Kobold Cutebold

A charming creature that loves nothing more than killing and eating halflings. It wields a fangs and a knife. It wears animal skins if anything at all. Please ignore my fingers on the pog, I photographed it myself.
Probably not a concern any more!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Critical Failures are Serious Busniess
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2013, 03:54:05 pm »

Fig: Guard Gladys while she recovers

first priorities first.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »

Oh. I think I forgot to update the map. Just a sec.

Edit: Fixed
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:58:53 pm by Weirdsound »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »

oh, and I suppose X and Albus should find something kobold-like to murder, and then do that, because murder.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2013, 04:02:27 pm »

Yep. Perhaps Albus could do some sort of charge attack on the puny kobolds?
Also, try to disable one of the melee kobolds, not kill it.
And get some rope.
Sig! Onol

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2013, 04:05:22 pm »

Normally, I'm all in favour of sparing kobolds.
In this specific case, ogodwat.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

Try to disable one of the melee kobolds, not kill it.
And get some rope.

Normally, I'm all in favour of sparing kobolds.
In this specific case, ogodwat.

"Hahahaha! We no haz roep. No slavs for u edrich ting. And Harbinga ish right. Koboldz shud be sparred. Cept onez who kno Fig-Gnasher ish race trader." +1 Chemistry between Harbingerjm and Fig Gnasher!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:51 pm »

Heh. Fig-gnasher, you're cute when you're horrified over the moral implications of making money.
Sig! Onol

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2013, 04:54:13 pm »

See Fig-Gnasher, murder is fun, and the enemies are easier to kill then the party!  Stay with us, and you will get free loot, along with level ups!  Anyway, X and Albus charge the nearest kobold, while Fig-Gnasher stays with Gladys
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32