Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]  (Read 23409 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 8: Anime Bullshit Everywhere]
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2013, 09:40:23 am »

Action: Freeze a demons hooves(?) to the ground and make him easier for my allies to murder!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2013, 09:49:15 am »

Notice that two turns have passed since I looked at this game.
Wonder how I missed that.

Giggle at Leook. Or Breon.
Enchant another rock to be demon-seeking.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:18 pm »

((I would like to play this game, and I want to be a class that can clean the land from the demon's corruption and that stuff, mainly a support class. Which one should I choose?))

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2013, 12:31:25 pm »

Fistfight demons if any are still alive.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2013, 01:26:21 pm »

Taking this opportunity, Catherine decided to aid the most plight-worthy battle she could see.

The wrestling sounded best.

Inspire, inspire, inspire, inspire the wrestling human against demon~

((I would like to play this game, and I want to be a class that can clean the land from the demon's corruption and that stuff, mainly a support class. Which one should I choose?))
((It's totally optional, sir!))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2013, 01:49:40 pm »

((I know it's optional, but, let's say, I want to cast a spell to prevent demons from entering a portion of land, should I choose runecrafting? I'm thinking in an Earth elementalist that can summon Earth pillars and carve anti-demon runes on them. I don't know. I will try to make a character sheet and see what comes out.))

EDIT: character sheet, whoo!

Name: Gerard Thompson
Primary Skill: Earth Elementalist
Secondary Skill: Runecrafter
Physical Description: An old blonde tall man with green eyes and rough, well defined feaures.
Mental Description: He is a noble individual, but often makes conclusions too quickly and is quick to judge people.
Bio: Gerard's family was one of the first ones to be massacred by the demon onslaught. As a child, he heard the storis of what the world was before the demonic corruption. He grew training to be able to face that corruption and reduce its influence.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2013, 03:37:21 pm »

Insult the demon's weakness while pinning him to the ground.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2013, 04:07:12 pm »

((Wooo, this is still alive!))
((Don't celebrate just yet. This spent so long untended that I posted an action.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2013, 05:01:16 pm »

((Wooo, this is still alive!))
((Don't celebrate just yet. This spent so long untended that I posted an action.))
((ಠ_ಠ

But yes, still alive. Crippling laziness. Must... update soon...

Oh, and I'm actually not sure what school would be best for purifying the earth; possibly one of the divine schools I never got around to implementing. >_>

Earth magic would be a good guess, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2013, 07:48:22 am »

Turn 9: I Am Right Handed, But This Works Too

Try out a new kata(lowing bonus to +0 to get exp)and murder a demon
[6] vs [1] You like this style. You like this style a lot.

[1+1] vs [5-1] The badly mauled demon lunges back at you, but it turns out this way's pretty good on defense as well.

5 dmg dealt to full health demon
+3 Swords (+1 awesome bonus)
+4 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger!

Ignore the spear, and use my rage at the wolf's demise to empower me with the ferocity of the wolves, sharpening my fangs.  Then, bite out the demons throat.
[4+2+1] vs [3+1] Abandoning subtlety entirely, you sink your teeth into the demon's throat, beating its own attempts to out-bite you. One of the bard lady's songs helps as well.

3 dmg dealt to grappled demon
+0 Wolf Magic (1-2+1)

Action: Freeze a demons hooves(?) to the ground and make him easier for my allies to murder!
[5+2-2] With one demon grappling and one already attacked, you freeze the last's meaty feet to the ground. Injured as it is, it's left completely unable to defend itself or move to engage anyone.

+2 Ice
Demon unable to move, roll dodge attempts

Notice that two turns have passed since I looked at this game.
Wonder how I missed that.

Giggle at Leook. Or Breon.
Enchant another rock to be demon-seeking.
[6+1-1] You giggle absentmindedly at Clanath, and then enchant a rock to explode when it comes into contact with a demon. By which you mean as it leaves your hand heading for a demon.

You're sure your Demonbane Shotgun Rock is entirely safe for anyone else to use, that's the important thing here.

+2 Enchanting
+Demonbane Shotgun Rock (1 dmg to self on use, 2x +0 attacks vs soldier demons)

Fistfight demons if any are still alive.
[1] vs [1+1] You approach the last demon, its feet frozen entirely to the ground. It heaves this way and that, attempting to free itself to get to you, but to no effect. You walk up nice and slow, wind up a good punch, and then get clocked in the head as it demonstrates that its arms still work fine and you need to be really close to it to punch it in the face.

Annoyed, you shake your head clear and then go in again, beating it to death properly this time.

1 dmg taken
1 damage dealt to demon
Soldier Demon slain!

Taking this opportunity, Catherine decided to aid the most plight-worthy battle she could see.

The wrestling sounded best.

Inspire, inspire, inspire, inspire the wrestling human against demon~
((I have got to start skimming these actions before running them. :I))

[4+1-1] You manage to inspire him to a bit of additional savagery in this particular bout.

+1 Inspiration
Danath receives +1 Attack this round

Insult the demon's weakness while pinning him to the ground.
((Wait, were you the one grappling? I just assumed Danath was. Oh well, either works.))

[3+1] vs [6] Your insults are a bit less effective than intended, as you end up spouting them while dangling from the demon's rather impressive raised bicep. Also because that swordlady just kicked its ass.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 9: I Am Right Handed, But This Works Too]
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2013, 08:01:26 am »

((I thought that this was definitely dead. Well, looking foward for someone's death more adventure!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2013, 08:23:50 am »

((I thought that this was definitely dead. Well, looking foward for someone's death more adventure!))
((Psh. People these days, no faith at all in games that haven't been updated in three weeks run by GMs known for flaking.

Pshhhhhh.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2013, 08:40:25 am »

((Well, I liked the concept and the mechanics of the game, so I hope this lives for some time. Irony, your games are great, but your tendency to drop them without posting anything discourages people from playing them. Is there any specifical reason for you to just make a game and leave it? I think that you enjoy making the concept, but not GMing it. Maybe you should consider, instead of running them, just making them for other people?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:03 am »

I was thinking about this game the other day. Mostly because of how much I'm playing against type.

Run act the demon wrestling Danath and throw the rock in its face! While shouting all sorts of awesome battlecries that will make this sound even awesomer when I tell the tale afterwards!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16