Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]  (Read 23377 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:33:23 pm »

Demons have murdered everything and now the world is a living hell. Fortunately you're an inexperienced adventurer who would rather brave that hell looking for power and glory than sit in your safe cottage and make shoes.

Oh and you'll probably kill yourself with your own unstable magic anyway, so you might as well get paid for it.

Geography
Spoiler: History Lesson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Outlands (click to show/hide)

Mechanics
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Skills
Spoiler: Combining Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Permanent Effects (click to show/hide)

Magic
Spoiler: Principle Schools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Essence Schools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Custom Schools (click to show/hide)

Other Skills
Spoiler: Weapon Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crafting Skills (click to show/hide)

Character Creation
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Primary Skill:[/b] Starts at Apprentice. You also get an item to aid you with it, either suggested by you or chosen by me.
[b]Secondary Skill:[/b] Starts at Novice. You also get a minor item to aid you with it, either suggested by you or chosen by me.
[b]Physical Description:[/b] What you look like.
[b]Mental Description:[/b] What those brainmeats are like.
[b]Bio:[/b] Why are you here ready to strike out into the world as opposed to dead in a crevasse or hiding under a porch?

Remember that you are semi-freelance adventurers technically in the service of Haven. In other words, you're expected to benefit Haven in some fashion, either by serving its goals or forces directly, coming back with taxable loot, or otherwise making them better off than they would be without you.

I'll take 8 players, method of selection undecided yet. Game expected to start relatively soon, however, and there's always room on the waitlist.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:11:58 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Recruiting Suicidal Magi!]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:34:11 pm »

Player List
-Clair Crown, Shockblade (scapheap)
-Danath Fenrik, Spearwolf (draco1234)
-Sia, Ice Captain (Dwarmin)
-Brook Cedrik, Cauldron Necromancer (cattouchdis)
-Catherine S Mistral, Songwind (Tiruin)
-Leon, Runecharger (Antur)
-Joe Bridger (Remuthra)
-Halfred Grennelson, Magic Man (GWG)

Waitlist
-wolfchild
-Tomcost
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:49:13 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:35:39 pm »

Things That Don't Want To Kill You

Haven shops, NPCs, and so on.

Nothing yet. Shop around!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:36:19 pm »

Encyclopedia of the World

Spoiler: Haven's Purity (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Demons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:47:55 pm by IronyOwl »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:03:55 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 04:47:28 pm »

Reserve please.
P.S. any limits on appearance?
Rawr

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 04:49:32 pm »

Reserve. Is there room for an Illusion school?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 04:49:33 pm »

Reserve please.
P.S. any limits on appearance?
Such as?

The world is a twisted hell filled with monstrous demons and desperate wizards, so you can get away with a fair amount of weird shit, I'm thinking. Note that everyone or almost everyone is human, but again, twisted hell and monstrous demons and desperate wizards.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 04:55:38 pm »

Name: Danath Fenrik
Primary Skill: Animism (wolf) - start with an enchanted amulet that can call forth the spirit of a wolf  (Probably too powerful)
Secondary Skill: Spears
Physical Description: medium height, with (relatively) long, shaggy black hair.  Tanned skin, with a relatively plain face.  Very wild appearance.  Quite gangly.  Prefers to wear subdued colours, and clothing that allows easy movement.
Mental Description: He is very suspicious of strangers, though he is incredibly loyal to those he trusts.  Has a very sharp mind, allowing him to solve problems with ease, though not the best imagination.  Due to his early experiences, he has a deep seated fear of spiders and their ilk. 
Bio: Danath was once part of a group of animists living in the calm coasts.  They took inspiration and guidance from the ways of the wolf, and drew strength from it.  One day, a great beast from the twisted forest managed to sneak up on their camp, a twisted creature with a body like a spider, but a head shaped like a man with a gruesome face and great horns growing from his head.  The beast slaughtered Danath's kin, but before it could slay him a group of passing adventurers drove it off, with flame and steel.  From them he learned of a place where he could be safe, a great walled fortress known as Haven.  So with no other option remaining to him, he decided to follow the adventurers back to Haven, pausing only to take the wolf amulet from his father's body, which was a relic passed down through his family. 
Many years have passed since that day, and Haven has become Danath's home, a home that deserves protecting.  And to that end, he decided to become and adventurer, and help keep his city safe.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:38:32 pm by draco1234 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

Reserve.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 05:01:20 pm »

Hm. Possibly, but I tend not to like Illusion in its typical Make Hallucinations setup.

What exactly where you thinking of or drawn to?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 05:04:04 pm »

Results of
  • or lower
Huh?
The formatting is off.

How do magic skills work? Is each Art/School a separate skill or what?
And, on that subject, why are Necromancy and Restoration separate? They sound more like semi-arbitrary divisions of a single school to me...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 05:07:44 pm »

Hm. Possibly, but I tend not to like Illusion in its typical Make Hallucinations setup.

What exactly where you thinking of or drawn to?
My interest is more into the manipulation part of Illusion, persuading my enemy to do things.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 05:12:03 pm »

Name: Sia
Primary Skill: Apprentice Elementalism
Secondary Skill: Novice Bard (Dancer) *Custom*
Physical Description: A young woman who prefers to wear loose and flowing white robe casually, though she knows how to use armor if needed. Dark russet hair, Caucasian skin, and green-grey eyes. A tall, well honed body. Her left hand is entirely cast in a strange blue crystal, though it feels like flesh, it is hard to the touch like diamond-she sometimes seems to have trouble manipulating her fingers. This strange growth seems to be creeping up her arm.
Mental Description: Young and confident, believes she can manipulate anyone and situation to her advantage, though she is not cruel or power hungry-just forceful. Suffers from something of a delusion of grandeur. She enjoys showing off. Fear and despair are increasingly gnawing at her every thought as the curse she is afflicted with progresses.
Bio: Originally brought to Haven as a personal entertainer for a trade baron, she was more or less conscripted into the ranks of warriors and heroes during a Demon attack-after he was a gutted during a performance. Her powers of element magic tended to be useful against the slower Demons, and her Bardic skills were quite useful when empowering her allies.

Personally, she is most interested in saving her own life, and for this she's begun training extensively-a powerful and arrogant Demon Prince cursed her in a fit of bleak humor during the attack, delighted at the novelty of her magic and preserving her physical form in a way that was cruel and unusual. A dire promise was made-unless she finds a way to break or at least slow the Demonic spell working it's steady enchantment upon her...she'll be completely composed of an an immobile-yet, living-blue crystal in a years time. At which point, she will be claimed as yet another beautiful statue for this fell Demons collection of similar women.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:14:14 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:03 pm »

There. Suicidal? I'm already facing a fate worse than death! :P

Here I'm thinking of a Bard type from D&D, actually, with party buffs and such.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16