Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]  (Read 23378 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 10: MORTAL KOOO- It's The Thought That Counts]
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2013, 06:42:35 am »

"And did you see that kick? Hiyah!"
"Hah! That was nothing! You shoulda seen my rock! KABOOM! I...rock."

((Someone needs to invent sunglasses.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2013, 06:47:13 am »

((I'm going to do things so badass when I get in...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:19 am »

((OH YEAH?!?
*cue explosion*
I'm okay!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2013, 07:44:55 am »

((I'm going to play my Earth elementalist like "Avatar: The Last Airbender's" earthbenders. Because badass kicking is the best way to shape the elements))

((And we are going to need a glass-o-mancer for the sunglasses. Or maybe a sand-o-mancer, I don't know))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2013, 07:48:37 am »

((Or just a glassblower.))
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2013, 07:53:15 am »

((Or just a glassblower.))
((But that's not cool enough! We need a mage who can shape sunglasses out of nowhere and do CSI Miami jokes! Okay, I'm going to stop derailing...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:30 am »

((Hm...think I could learn silikinesis for a low price?))
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2013, 08:02:50 am »

((Well, that could fit your character more that the others. But you would have to try and hope you don't roll a 1, because a 1 with penalties from not having knowledge, is a bad thing.

To quote the GM:
Results of 0 or lower usually result in scars, maiming, or other permanent effects.
Maybe you can even enchant your sunglases to look even more badass?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2013, 03:39:40 am »

Turn 11: Brutalized Corpses

Harvest horns. Collect shards of demon-clay to use as reagents.
[1] You almost get a bit zealous harvesting the already-damaged horns. Catherine stops you before you can damage them further, though, resulting in large fragments that fairly obviously go together.

[6] Your attempt to harvest demon clay runs into a snag when you realize the mostly-whole corpse is too big and unwieldy to carry on your own. It's also not exactly light, though possibly still doable.

You also collect that nice demonseeking rock you threw earlier.

Gained:
10 Fragmented Soldier Demon Horns
Mostly whole soldier demon corpse (requires assistance to carry)

Aid with harvesting horns, then play a merry tune on my flute as we head back.

"That was a splendid start. Nobody killed. No major injuries. No bones broken, and we're alright.

"Let's get out of here as fast as we can."

[5] You manage to stop Halfred from butchering the horns too much further.

He also pressgangs you into helping him carry a mostly-intact demon corpse.

harvest and head back
You hungrily eye Joe's nice fresh skeleton before deciding not to harvest him after all.

"That was a splendid start. Nobody killed. No major injuries. No bones broken, and we're alright.

"Let's get out of here as fast as we can."

Action: Harvest, Go turn in quest tokens
Help gather horns, then head back.  If there are any extra horns, take them too.  We may get a bonus.
Too many cooks spoil the broth, as it were. Catherine does what can be done, Halfred does what can't be avoided.

"Totally confused him. Perfect strategy!" And I thought this would be hard.

It couldn't get any better than this!

I'd also love to heal myself, if anyway possible.
You figure you'll get rest back at the Tower.

The others seem to be getting the horns, rest my wounds till we need to move.
+2 HP

((I'm going to play my Earth elementalist like "Avatar: The Last Airbender's" earthbenders. Because badass kicking is the best way to shape the elements))
((Yes. Though you'll probably need to gain skill in a martial art to pull it off properly; a lot of earthbending moves would be fairly powerful for a pure Earth Mage.))

With that, you all return to Red Guard Tower. Lieutenant Voss comes out in short order, smiling a bit unpleasantly and seemingly amused.

"Well, it seems you've returned. Did you get the horns?"

Upon being shown the collection, he smirks again and prepares to collect them. He gives you more time to figure out which ones you want to hand over, professing to not care whether the gets the fragments, demon head, frozen horns, or pristine horns. "Mostly a formality," he adds.

Before you can begin discussing that, however, he beckons you to follow him inside. The ground floor of the tower is mostly an open room, while the second floor contains what appears to be a map table. Certainly there's maps and notes all over the walls, along with a suspicious-looking dark grey slate framed in gilded onyx.

"Congratulations on passing the very first test of the Wastes," he says, looking amused again. "Soldier demons are among the least of the horrors you'll face out here, but they are not to be taken lightly. Perhaps you discovered that on your own?"

He looks at Joe.

"In any case, you've earned your supplies. Being free agents, you are of course free to do as you please. Should that be accept another assignment from the Tower, I have business for you out in the Sinkholes."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 11: Brutalized Corpses]
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2013, 04:00:01 am »

Sia rested against a wall, trying to move the fingers in her hand-which felt very stiff...and cold. Not the sort of cold she enjoyed, not a frosty snow sheen. Just the absence of life. A yawning void, holding her life energy is some sort of horrible stasis. It was bothering her...it was always bothering her. In fact, every second of every hour of every day it was on her mind. It might drive a lesser woman mad...but, she believed she was made of sterner stuff.

She resolved to visit a higher power, later that day. The mysterious Queen of Ice...where Sia all but dabbled in the element, this being was supreme. Perhaps she would help. Any cost would be nothing compared to the price of doing nothing.

Sia turned to Catherine.

"Hmm. Can I have that pair of demon's horns I froze, Catherine? I'm going to visit someone who might appreciate a gift of a sort. It's a minor gift, but it means something.

Anyway, you're free to come along if you've no problem with the cold..."

Action: After we've decided on a course of action, I'll pay a visit to the Queen of Ice and explain my situation...present the pair of frozen demon horns as a symbolic gift.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2013, 05:23:28 am »

"Hmm. Can I have that pair of demon's horns I froze, Catherine? I'm going to visit someone who might appreciate a gift of a sort. It's a minor gift, but it means something."
Catherine, having all but tired her arms out from lugging on a demon's corpse by the head, nodded in reply and was quite amused at the gesture.

"Sure, Sia. Take the Frozen horns, I can feel the cold affecting my pack enough that my lower back feels...cold. Ugh."

Glad that she had a moment of respite from the weight lifting (and secretly wishing she was stronger, for that matter), she chose to go on her intuition and ask.
"Anyway, you're free to come along if you've no problem with the cold..."
"I suppose you seem to be on a plan going somewhere else than the Sinkholes? People usually name places according to what is basically seen, and I can't see any sort of cold in a hole in the earth."

She leaned over Sia's side, "Anything bothering you?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2013, 05:39:30 am »

"I'm hoping we'll all meet later and head out to the sinkholes after I'm done with my bit of personal business."

She leaned over Sia's side, "Anything bothering you?"

"...It's complicated." She says, futilely trying to cover her crystallized hand in shame.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2013, 06:06:57 am »

"Well, then! I will be sure to take you up on your offer at some point! Here we go..."

Turn in enough fragments of the horns to complete our quest, depending on which of the other stuff people decide to turn in. Keep the rest for enchanting purposes. Keep whichever horn is least broken, for sure.

Find a spot to store the demon corpse and most of the horns. Find some sort of gathering-place and go there, with whichever horn was least fragmented and my demon-seeking rock. Boats of my achievements, including making these rocks on the fly to throw at the demons (although, sadly, most were damaged to the point of uselessness) and enchanting another rock to explode and using it against a demonic warrior to destroy it in a single blow. Also boast of the achievements of the rest of my team.
Sig

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2013, 06:14:01 am »

Danath turned to face the rest of the group
"Can I Have one of the intact demon horns?  I want to try and improve my spear."

If given, try and attach the horn to the spear end.  If that fails, try and find somewhere to sell the horn and buy a decent spearpoint.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2013, 07:43:56 am »

"I'm hoping we'll all meet later and head out to the sinkholes after I'm done with my bit of personal business."
"I'm ready to aid anyone who is my friend, you know."

Catherine caught a glimpse of what Sia was hiding--a sign of frostbite maybe? Unsure as she was, it was best not to prod on matters like that and personal stuffs unless she felt it was right, and the person she was talking to got the note and felt it was right.

Maybe it was time for some hot chocolate all around. Everyone loves chocolate, right?

"...It's complicated."
"Nah, nothing is that complicated. We just don't know each other that well yet. And then it won't be that complicated!" she replied with a grin.

Someone's totally going to enjoy some chocolate.

And so Catherine stole away from the group to get part of her rations as the best chocolate (or hot chocolate drink, whichever any generous soul would offer) out there.

...They did serve rationed chocolate, right?!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16