Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55228 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #375 on: August 07, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »

Send them to the town. Also make all the heathen villagers deaf.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:36 pm »

Simple(ish):
1. Quote all turns.
2. Announce some kind of "No More Turn Edits" thing.
3. Copy-paste all turns into Word or Google Docs or something.
4. Search for actions that affect other actions.
5. Resolve those actions.
6. Resolve all other actions.
7. Post!

Oh, and BeforeLifer? Thanks for training the lawyers. Specialization in prostitution cases should make this much easier...

Prophet: Preach, converting townsfolk, with the help of the fact that she has actually been healing people and that her god has been acting as basically a superhero. Also testify in the lawyers' case (see below).
On'Li: Continue catching crooks and such. Focus on the poorer areas of town.
On'Li: Perform some annoying prank on...whatever unnamed god LordSlowpoke is.
On'li: Wonder why his prophet is still listed as a "prostitute".
Guild Leaders: Invite the Mayor or Town Council or whatever to a meal.
Town Watch: Convert wives. Please. Also, convert coworkers.
Town Watch's Wives: Convert friends, husbands, and servants.
Assorted Townspeople: Begin organizing the healing efforts to make them more efficient and more widely-known.
Lawyers: Begin a class action lawsuit revealing the horrible working and living conditions of the prostitutes in Zarut-supported brothels.
To, quote, "fuck over" Zarut, offer his craftsmen double their current salaries if they convert to On'Li. Or otherwise convert them.
On'Li: Openly criticize Zarut for killing people in order to harm me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:30:09 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 07, 2013, 11:59:12 pm »

I still favor at least making any direct aid/impede actions take effect the following round. And I agree that turn editing should be restricted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2013, 07:47:48 am »

The latter was suggesting a point when turn edits would be ignored because he's starting to write the turn. Forbidding edits entirely gives an unfair advantage to those who posted after others.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2013, 12:40:35 pm »

That's why I said restricted, not eliminated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2013, 02:27:51 pm »

Restricted can mean a lot of different things...
Sig

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2013, 08:29:35 am »

Townsfolk: Use the religious flair to convert people.
Town watch wives: Convert the rest of there husbands.
Town watch wives servants: Convert those that they meet while doing the menial tasks they get burdened with.
Town watch: Convert the rest of their coworkers.
Zarut:Spread a plague that only followers of On'li can contract.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:18:33 am by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2013, 08:07:39 am »

Repeat all actions and remove that demon from the prophet.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2013, 10:29:38 am »

Sorry, I started up Roll for Brains, and then I got addicted to playing Liberal Crime Squad. Which, now that I think about it, would only need some adjustments to make a ROLL TO CONVERT video game

Give my followers training in hand to hand combat and self defense. Let the golem sleep for now.
(3) Your followers dream of Bruce Lee killing people.
(5) Your followers travel until they see the village, (2) then bandits chase them.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Lupus: endow weasels with the divine power to make things explode at will.
Evil Wolves: hunt down individual wolves from the dire wolf pack, mutilate and defile their corpses to strike fear into their fellows.
Bear: release converted salmon, find some honeycombs to devour. Convert bees if they're around.
Dog-Prophet: obtain squirrel slaves through magical powers.
Weasels: convert all the weasels of the area. Use divine powers if they're obtained.
Salmon: convert other salmon. And lampreys, if they're around.
Survivalist Apprentice: become a man through frontier lifestyle.

(6) The weasels gain the power to make humongous explosions at will. (5) Surprisingly, the weasels are smart enough to not practice it nearby other weasels.
(4) Your wolves head off to ambush lone wolves. (2) They don't find any.
(3) Your bear heads off to get some honey, ignoring your command to convert bees. (1) The bees sting the bear to death.
(6) Your dog-prophet obeys, with the heretical notion of setting himself up as a squirrel emperor or even a squirrel-god. (4) He enslaves 3 squirrels.
(1) The weasels decide instead to test out their explosive powers. (4) A part of the forest is scorched timbers
(5)  The salmon decides to convert the other fish. (2) Sadly, the other fish are nowhere to be found.
(5) Your teenage apprentice decides to become a man. (5) He lives a frontier livestyle.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Wait until the village wakes up. Force them to convert if they want barbiturates.
(6) The villagers wake up angry cause they haven't had caffiene. (6) They all convert, but you suspect it wasn't sincere. Then you get hit in the face with a pie.

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

Imbue 24 of my followers with super-strength.
(4) you succeed.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Gay artist: Make figurines, holy symbols, and the like for shrines and to be carried by my followers. Order the slave girls to gather resources for these projects. Convert them through kindness.
35 people assist the artist in the making of divine images.
5 people follow and assist the well endowed prophetess. Become priest class.
Prophetess of the Image: continue converting people. Begin training the priest class
Holy Boobies: Alight on Prophetess of the Image
Lich: convert any undead / magic users / unnatural beings in the region.
Boobs: Endow followers (and only followers) who carry my symbols with  +1 protection against actions of other gods.
Explore my town and the region. Send forth animals in pairs to my followers: two male chickens to my artist, granting +1 to production of Holy Relics / Images /Books, 2 female cats to each of the priestly caste granting +1 to holy rites (especially those that return power to me.)
two Pheonixes to the Lich, granting +1 to life magic. 2 beavers to each laborer, granting +1 to construction / food production. 2 deer t othe nursing mother, to communicate indirectly with me so as not to drive her mad (also, through this try to convert her to my side), and to give +1 to protection and growth related issues.
(5) Your gay artist complies. (4) he makes several objects for use. (3) The slave girls help slightly, but aren't that helpful. (5) They also are converted.
(6) The townspeople also assist. (1) The gay artist gets pissed, because they're are 40 people in his 2 room studio trying to help. He would leave in a huff, if he could get to the door. Also some of his art gets knocked off tables and destroyed.
(2) 5 people go to a bar.
(6+2) Your prophetess converts the entire village except for the cult of chastity and purity, who are now angry.
(5) Lich complies. (1) it gets attacked by a mob of angry farmers with torches and pitchforks.
(1) Your followers receive medallions marking them as followers.
(6) A mob shows up led by 5 fathers, asking if they could please have their daughters back as they are sure that there was a misunderstanding and they don't want any trouble to occur.
(1) you send animals to your followers. They are angry and attack your followers. (4,3,5,3,3) You lose 20 villagers and the mother is injured.
The town is a riverside town halfway between a major city, and Trevnoc's capital at Chelibah. It's a stopping point for merchants between the two cities, and is famous for its strict laws enforced by the Cult of chastity who allow marriage between any two things but condemn adultery, divorce, and intercourse before marriage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

* Continue convertin *
(2) The Bat-prophet was too busy beating up thugs to convert.

Spoiler: Ki'ol (click to show/hide)

Allow the name to be changed to Khornwot, grant those going to the village speed, and try to quietly convert someone in the new town with my godly powers so as to have someone on the inside
The village is renamed Khornwot. (4) speed is granted to the villagers on their way to the other town. (4+1) They make quick progress, and are now 1.5 days away from the village.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Send them to the town. Also make all the heathen villagers deaf.
(5) Your followers obey. (6) They make the 2 day journey in 1 day, but will need to rest the next turn. (5) The heathen villagers all become deaf.

CONVERSION BATTLE!!!!!

GWG's
vs.
BeforeLifer's
20 members of the town watch
10 members of the town watch
10 town watch wives
20 town watch wives

(1 vs. 3) GWG loses 10 members of the town watch to Beforelifer's converts halfhearted conversion attempts
(1 vs. 2)
GWG loses 0 town watch wives to BeforeLifer's nonexistent conversion attempts.

Prophet: Preach, converting townsfolk, with the help of the fact that she has actually been healing people and that her god has been acting as basically a superhero. Also testify in the lawyers' case (see below).
On'Li: Continue catching crooks and such. Focus on the poorer areas of town.
On'Li: Perform some annoying prank on...whatever unnamed god LordSlowpoke is.
On'li: Wonder why his prophet is still listed as a "prostitute".
Guild Leaders: Invite the Mayor or Town Council or whatever to a meal.
Town Watch: Convert wives. Please. Also, convert coworkers.
Town Watch's Wives: Convert friends, husbands, and servants.
Assorted Townspeople: Begin organizing the healing efforts to make them more efficient and more widely-known.
Lawyers: Begin a class action lawsuit revealing the horrible working and living conditions of the prostitutes in Zarut-supported brothels.
To, quote, "fuck over" Zarut, offer his craftsmen double their current salaries if they convert to On'Li. Or otherwise convert them.
On'Li: Openly criticize Zarut for killing people in order to harm me.
(2) Your prophet continues to nap.
(2,4) Your prophet fails to find any criminals, Causes LordSlowpoke to get hit in the face with a pie, and changes his prophet's status to former prostitute.
(2) The guild leaders are too busy doing guild business.
(3) The townspeople make slow progress on the organizing front, partly because they are falling sick to a plague.
(3) The lawyers file the suit. Then they wait.
(4,4) On'li converts half of Zarut's craftsmen, then criticizes Zarut. Opinion of Zarut goes from HATEFULto REALLY HATEFUL.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Townsfolk: Use the religious flair to convert people.
Town watch wives: Convert the rest of there husbands.
Town watch wives servants: Convert those that they meet while doing the menial tasks they get burdened with.
Town watch: Convert the rest of their coworkers.
Zarut:Spread a plague that only followers of On'li can contract.

(5) townspeople go out and convert. (5-1) 10 new converts
(3) the servants try and convert other servants. (4-1) the other servants no longer dislike Zarut.
(5) A plague begins to infect On'li's followers

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

(1) The town watch discovers that their wives are having an affair with their servants! (6) 10 kill their servants and wives in a rage, (2) 10 don't really care, and (5) divorce their wives and kill the servants.

(2,1) A crowd gathers at the temple of magic and disease. A mob led by priests of the goddess of wind and pity searches for followers of zarut to kill. (1) 10 die after being separated and killed by Zarut's thugs.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:31:43 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 12, 2013, 10:32:57 am »

Tell my all my followers to take a journey to the largest city in the nation, with my twenty-four super-strong followers carrying the magical die of conversion.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2013, 10:35:01 am »

Grant my followers the ability to fight off the bandits. But they have to unlock it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2013, 10:37:02 am »

Just realized I left out Kaferian.

Repeat all actions and remove that demon from the prophet.
(6) You move their souls to form a barrier, but another demon attacks them.
(4) You exorcise the demon from your prophet.
(1+1) Your prophet feels nervous about converting ghosts as their may be another demon in there

Spoiler: The Rider (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2013, 10:37:18 am »

Have my rockers rest. Send visions of rock superstardom to the populace of the new town.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2013, 10:56:13 am »

Decide that the sugar glider shall be my animal and have Khorwot start building totems and decorations for the temple with sugar gliders on them because a lot of gods are represented by animals, the vilagers heading south can continue doing so.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

The town is a riverside town halfway between a major city, and Trevnoc's capital at Chelibah. It's a stopping point for merchants between the two cities, and is famous for its strict laws enforced by the Cult of chastity who allow marriage between any two things but condemn adultery, divorce, and intercourse before marriage.

Followers: 1 gay artist: Make Holy Book. Also, out of respect for the cult of chastity, refrain from any sexual exploits for the moment.

(6) A mob shows up led by 5 fathers, asking if they could please have their daughters back as they are sure that there was a misunderstanding and they don't want any trouble to occur.
there does indeed seem to have been a misunderstanding. I thought these were slave girls?
5 slave girls - return home with their fathers.

1 prophetess with two boobies (the bird) adding +1 to persuasion. Convert he Cult of Chastity into a monastic Order within my religion. Allow them to be strict within their Order, but not aggressive outside it.

20 people - clean up the mess in the artist' place, then leave for now.

the town governor - Arrange for a temple to be built. Arrange for proper division of labor between priest class, artisan class, laborers, merchants, military, and governance.

300 people - assist in these endeavors, each according to his or her skills. Prepare funerary services for the deceased.

1 lich - escape the mob without causing harm if possible. Preside over funerary services for the fallen. Raise the dead as werecreatures, based on the animal that killed them, bound to the lich and to Boobs (Boobs assists in this effort.)

Boobs - heal the nursing mother. Smite the evil animals who have slain my followers.
Send forth animals in pairs to my followers:
2 male chickens to my artist, granting +1 to production of Holy Relics / Images /Books,
2 female cats to each of the priestly caste granting +1 to holy rites (especially those that return power to me.)
2 Pheonixes to the Lich, granting +1 to life magic.
2 deer t othe nursing mother, to communicate indirectly with me so as not to drive her mad (also, through this try to convert her to my side), and to give +1 to protection and growth related issues.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33