Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75125 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2013, 09:19:35 am »

Yeah, we remember day 1 griffinpup

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2013, 11:43:34 am »

If I OMGUS'd, point out where.
Boy:
OMGUS
Admittedly that was during RVS, but its still garbage mafia form to drop a vote without so much as an explanation.

Gun:
I don't have enough time to actually respond to you but a few things.  Actually answer questions, and please put a better case together on me before I get back.  You should be attempting to convince people that I'm scummy.  If I'm lurking, point out what time period I was.  If I avoided questions, quote the questions.  If I OMGUS'd, point out where.  Don't throw around accusations without proof.  If you quote all your proof for everything you say, you can avoid several iterations of explanations and stuff.  This leads to more meaningful points made by both parties, and meaningful content is always a plus for town.  Don't fear the wall of text either.  If you have a page of points, by all means, post a page of points.
More bandwagon. Instead of hiding behind the IC just to dodge my accusation.. Instead of telling me how to do my job.. How about you explain to me why you're not scum? When I ask you questions, I expect you to answer them.

Ooohhh...  That's a very hard question.  I prefer to be fairly detailed in my posts where applicable.  I am also in multiple conversations/arguments at the same time.  I would focus on one of the discussions I was in, while not mentioning the other until I had more time.  I would also state that I was a bit out of time and would respond to the other discussion later.
You're explicitly stating that you're dodging questions right here. Why? What have you got to hide? What takes you so long to explain if you're so clean and shiny and innocent?

Instead of pursuing an easy lynch like scum, why weren't you pushing a new conclusion during D1?

HAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHA!
I literally laughed when I read this.
DAVE:
YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.
This was your last meaningful post before day end. Your next ones were nearly 24 hours later, and only to accuse a player who had just dropped in of lurking. Everything is wrong about this. You had been playing for nearly 72 hours, pressing points, keeping up the pressure the entire time, and yet you had nothing to say, not even so much as a "You STILL haven't answered my questions!" about Dave's situation?! Nerjin, NQT, even Deathsword.. Everyone else was pressing their points, showing him the flaws in his playstyle. Meanwhile, you were sitting back, watching the axe fall. Why?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 31, 2013, 01:20:09 pm »

Boy:
OMGUS
Admittedly that was during RVS, but its still garbage mafia form to drop a vote without so much as an explanation.

It's more common than you'd think on the first vote. It's not the best thing to do and people usually do so while messing around.

Gun:
I don't have enough time to actually respond to you but a few things.  Actually answer questions, and please put a better case together on me before I get back.  You should be attempting to convince people that I'm scummy.  If I'm lurking, point out what time period I was.  If I avoided questions, quote the questions.  If I OMGUS'd, point out where.  Don't throw around accusations without proof.  If you quote all your proof for everything you say, you can avoid several iterations of explanations and stuff.  This leads to more meaningful points made by both parties, and meaningful content is always a plus for town.  Don't fear the wall of text either.  If you have a page of points, by all means, post a page of points.
More bandwagon. Instead of hiding behind the IC just to dodge my accusation.. Instead of telling me how to do my job.. How about you explain to me why you're not scum? When I ask you questions, I expect you to answer them.

How is this bandwagon?  Please explain that. Furthermore allow me to intervene here: His job is NOT to explain why he isn't scum. Your job is to explain why he IS. Also, ironically, you still haven't answered his questions.

Ooohhh...  That's a very hard question.  I prefer to be fairly detailed in my posts where applicable.  I am also in multiple conversations/arguments at the same time.  I would focus on one of the discussions I was in, while not mentioning the other until I had more time.  I would also state that I was a bit out of time and would respond to the other discussion later.
You're explicitly stating that you're dodging questions right here. Why? What have you got to hide? What takes you so long to explain if you're so clean and shiny and innocent?

Instead of pursuing an easy lynch like scum, why weren't you pushing a new conclusion during D1?

*Sigh* Not having enough time to answer EVERYTHING isn't a scum-tell. As long as you answer the questions when you have time to do so it's rather fine. Life happens. Believe me when I say that EVERYONE on this board is going to have to make partial posts from time to time. That isn't dodging questions. NEVER answering questions despite mulitiple reminders is Gun.

As to the second part the answer is rather obvious but I'll let Pup field this one.

HAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHA!
I literally laughed when I read this.
DAVE:
YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.
This was your last meaningful post before day end. Your next ones were nearly 24 hours later, and only to accuse a player who had just dropped in of lurking. Everything is wrong about this. You had been playing for nearly 72 hours, pressing points, keeping up the pressure the entire time, and yet you had nothing to say, not even so much as a "You STILL haven't answered my questions!" about Dave's situation?! Nerjin, NQT, even Deathsword.. Everyone else was pressing their points, showing him the flaws in his playstyle. Meanwhile, you were sitting back, watching the axe fall. Why?

A decent enough question. It's a bit
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #363 on: July 31, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »

Boy:
OMGUS
It's more common than you'd think on the first vote. It's not the best thing to do and people usually do so while messing around.
I was under the impression that most people took this game pretty seriously. :P

Gun:
How is this bandwagon?  Please explain that. Furthermore allow me to intervene here: His job is NOT to explain why he isn't scum. Your job is to explain why he IS. Also, ironically, you still haven't answered his questions.
Its bandwagon because he was hopping on the "let's give the new guy advice" train, and using it to dodge my accusation. This is BM, and when I get advice I expect to be getting it from other ICs, not fellow players. And yes, part of his job is most certainly answering questions posed by other players.

*Sigh* Not having enough time to answer EVERYTHING isn't a scum-tell. As long as you answer the questions when you have time to do so it's rather fine. Life happens. Believe me when I say that EVERYONE on this board is going to have to make partial posts from time to time. That isn't dodging questions. NEVER answering questions despite mulitiple reminders is Gun.
I understand that not everyone is going to have time all day to answer all the questions posed to them, but being gone for almost a full 24 hours without advance warning? That doesn't happen in Mafia. Not to mention he gave us a warning just recently. I hold that he is lurking scum who was gunning for an easy lynch.

You don't strike me as the kind of person to let things slide in the first place. So I'll ask you to stop protecting griffin and start looking at the facts here.

((I'm honestly having a  really hard time finding these questions despite more than a few sweeps.. Can you please quote them for me so I can answer them? :S))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Requested
« Reply #364 on: July 31, 2013, 02:15:03 pm »

Gun:
Your predecessor pursued the issue of my voting without substance significantly, and then immediately dropped it and moved on.  What's your opinion on the subject?  Do you know why he left the issue so abruptly?
GUN, welcome to the game. I suggest taking a moment to read through the game (better now before it gets too unwieldy) and making a few notes on the play of each of the players. What's your fresh perspective on everyone?
((Here are the questions asked of you, GUNINANRUNIN.))
I, on the other hand, emulate town play. :D
Also, griffinpup, can you explain this line? It may just be nitpicking on my part, but saying that you emulate town play seems suspicious, given that emulate means to imitate, not to be. Only a scum player would have to imitate a townie.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #365 on: July 31, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »

Gun:
Your predecessor pursued the issue of my voting without substance significantly, and then immediately dropped it and moved on.  What's your opinion on the subject?  Do you know why he left the issue so abruptly?
GUN, welcome to the game. I suggest taking a moment to read through the game (better now before it gets too unwieldy) and making a few notes on the play of each of the players. What's your fresh perspective on everyone?
((Here are the questions asked of you, GUNINANRUNIN.))
((Thank you SO MUCH. <3))

I don't know much about WetSheep's actual opinions, so I can't answer the second question. If I had to speculate, it would be because he realised something. Perhaps that he wasn't gaining much ground with his angle? I'm of the opinion that voting without evidence can reveal evidence, but that its a move that should be reserved for D1 plays or from comebacks after being gone for a while.

Thanks. I skimmed it. And I already did.

((Anything I missed?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #366 on: July 31, 2013, 02:32:55 pm »

By "I already did" I mean I already gave a concise perspective rundown.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2013, 10:34:58 pm »

45 Hours Remaining

Day Two will end on Friday, August 2 at 8:00pm CST

GUNINANRUNIN (0) -
griffinpup (3) - GUNINANRUNIN, Griffionday, Imperial Guardsman
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (0) -
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - griffinpup, Powder Miner, Chink, Nerjin

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Powder Miner has been prodded for inactivity.

Lurker Tracker
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2013, 10:53:29 pm »

((I likely won't be able to access the internet the next few days. Just as a warning, posting will be sporadic, if it occurs at all.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2013, 12:27:58 am »

((Might as well get this out of the way too. I'll be gone tomorrow most of the time.))

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2013, 12:06:21 am »

Request replacement.

Sorry folks, but I've been FAR too tired after work for anything more complicated than eating and going to sleep.  And today I hear we're starting crunch time...

Hopefully my schedule will clear up soon, allowing me to enjoy this fascinating game more; but until it does: best of luck to town, and may scum ever hang.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2013, 12:44:48 am »

Griffionday has requested replacement.

Powder Miner's position is up for replacement due to inactivity.

Does anyone oppose a mod-extension to Monday?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2013, 01:01:10 am »

Just to clarify: I am completely able and willing to answer any questions posed to me until a replacement for me is found; however, the hunting part of the game is beyond me right now, and so I need to be replaced with someone who is able to accomplish that.

Again, I'm terribly sorry.

Okami:

Powder Miner hopefully will be back soon, he was just terrible about announcing that he was leaving for a while.
The active lurking is due to the fact that I'm trying to remporarily lessen my involvement in the game- due to the fact that I'm busy getting ready for a trip I'm taking tomorrow, and am about to take that trip for a few days. I simply don't have the time to hunt though the thread for scumtells right now.

I agree you probably need to extend considering the dearth of activity.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2013, 01:31:03 am »

I don't mind. It seems like everyone needs the time right now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:31 am »

Yeah I could really go for the Extension.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41