Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75222 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:36 pm »

You are either scum or absolute crap.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2013, 08:51:17 pm »

You are either scum or absolute crap.
IG:
Why? I want a concerted case on Dave from you.  You keep saying that he's either a VI or scum, and I'm obviously inclined to agree with you, but please quote any posts that tipped you off and tell me why they did so.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2013, 09:15:18 pm »

He dodged several questions after the game began, is only reacting to me voting him, and is only condemning himself.
He screwed up and tried to build a case against me.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:16 pm »

He dodged several questions after the game began, is only reacting to me voting him, and is only condemning himself.
Ididnt dodge any questions. You simply cant find evidence.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHA!
I literally laughed when I read this.
DAVE:
YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2013, 09:36:49 pm »

On a second note, I voted for you before you voted for me. So how does that make sense?

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2013, 09:37:27 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHA!
I literally laughed when I read this.
DAVE:
YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.
What questions? I will re-skim the topic for them, happy? jeez.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2013, 11:31:29 pm »

Day 1 ends on Monday, July 29 at 8:00pm CST

20 Hours Remain in the Day

GUNINANRUNIN (0) -
griffinpup (1) - Griffionday
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (1) - Chink
Imperial Guardsman (1) - DaveTheGrave
DaveTheGrave (4) - Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman, griffinpup, Powder Miner
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (1) - notquitethere
notquitethere (0) -

Not Voting - GUNINANRUNIN

Extend (0/4) -
Shorten (-1/5) -!Nerjin, !griffinpup, Imperial Guardsman

Lurker Tracker
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2013, 11:41:47 pm »

Nerjin: Which players do you think are the scum, and why?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Needed
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2013, 12:57:59 am »

NQT, because of how he frequently gets power roles/third party.
Ah, you believe in a sort of cosmic luck. It is true that in life I am the third-party, a loose cannon spouting loose canon; a maverick 90 degrees askew from the rest of civilisation. But really, there are probably better reasons to rolecop someone.

DUDE! You are an IC! YOU CANNOT DO THIS! If you are going to give advice you need to GIVE advice. Come on man. You're better than this.

Nerjin, I note that your first and only vote has been on DaveTheGrave. Do you think your first instinct was good and do you think you've adequately pressured other players?

[. . .]

The current lynch candidate by two points is DaveTheGrave. His main 'scum-tells' have been to act very defensively, not responding to questions and to vote without any accompanying reason or question. He has since answered some questions and given a handful of reads of other players.  By the time Day 1 ends, each of us will have to weigh up whether his behaviour is more scummy than anyone other player. Are these conceivably the actions of a town or a scum player? This means continuing pressuring and questioning other players and following up when they give lousy responses.

Yes I feel that my read is accurate. He has not given a proper case on any of his suspects. While I'm sure he's trying [it's hard the first time] I feel that it isn't up to par with what we should expect as players. His reads have been along the lines of "I feel X is scum." with no real reasoning behind it and his reads are rather vague at best anyways. Also asking questions at this point doesn't really help. We are out of the RVS stage. The RVS stage generally ends when players have begun forming decent reads and start pressuring specific players with things that they have already said and NOT with what they plan to do later on. Plus there's the fact that he bandwagoned so... Yeah I feel confident in my vote.

I must ask: You are aware that you can question a player without switching your vote to them right? It's easy. Just ask the question. Don't red there name. I'm not sure if you knew this. We're getting close to day-end so why don't you vote for the person you feel is scummiest instead of tossing your vote at me for "pressure" that doesn't really need applied.

Imperial: Your scum, its N2, and you think youve killed the cop. Whats your next step?
Chink: You are a cop, its N3, theres four people left. All of which are showing signs of aggression towards you. How do you proceed?

[. . .]

My suspicions are that Imperial and Griffin are scum buddies, since I'm probably going to be lynched anyway, I thought Id put that out there.

When you are NK'ed your role is revealed the start of the next day.

Also your reads need to be more than that: WHY do you think they are scum-buddies?

A note towards imperial. Though he has yet to accuse me of being scum, he still sees it fit to vote for me. Obviously he has no reason to vote for anyone because...HE IS THE SCUM. Dun dun dun....

Unvote griffin, vote Imperial

Not enough of a reason. OMGUSing doesn't help us at this point. Please state more as to why he is scum. Aside from that I'm pretty sure that he thinks you're scum because he's said it.

On a second note, I voted for you before you voted for me. So how does that make sense?

Are... Are you... YOU LITERALLY ADMIT THIS? You never admit to an OMGUS! You also never OMGUS at all! Alright Dave, I'm pretty sure you're scum. Whether you are or aren't I want you to try again in the next BM okay? You have potential. I can see that BUT YOU NEED PRACTICE! Read some of the "Great Games" of the forum and try to learn from them. Okay?

Nerjin: Which players do you think are the scum, and why?

Well for now I only see one. DaveTheGrave.

He's avoided questions, OMGUSed, bandwagoned, and has not voice any of his 'cases' very well. A player should NEVER have to be reminded as many times as he has to answer questions. Especially when they are directly quoted back at him. He is either scum or poor town. Again I hate to be rude. I hope he tries again in the next BM as I think he will learn a lot from another go. But for now he's a liability at best and scum at worst. He needs to be eliminated. Sink-or-Swim style teaching needs to being.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2013, 02:31:12 am »

Nerjin
DUDE! You are an IC! YOU CANNOT DO THIS! If you are going to give advice you need to GIVE advice. Come on man. You're better than this.
I appreciate the concern, and usually I'd agree but in this instance I don't think it's my job to give scum advice. If Imp really is a rolecop he can ask the scum-IC Deathsword for advice on good rolecop scumplay. Do you disagree?

Yes I feel that my read is accurate. He has not given a proper case on any of his suspects. While I'm sure he's trying [it's hard the first time] I feel that it isn't up to par with what we should expect as players. His reads have been along the lines of "I feel X is scum." with no real reasoning behind it and his reads are rather vague at best anyways. Also asking questions at this point doesn't really help. We are out of the RVS stage. The RVS stage generally ends when players have begun forming decent reads and start pressuring specific players with things that they have already said and NOT with what they plan to do later on. Plus there's the fact that he bandwagoned so... Yeah I feel confident in my vote.
A typical scumtrick is to place your vote early and not shift it. I just wanted to hear that you have good reasons. I didn't mean to suggest that we should be asking 'random' questions, but rather we should be prodding other players on their gameplay, what they've said and done. I've just looked back at your play and seen that, yes, you have followed up on Dave. Still, I'm legitimately unsure whether this has been righteous scumhunting or inflating newbie mistakes.

I must ask: You are aware that you can question a player without switching your vote to them right? It's easy. Just ask the question. Don't red there name. I'm not sure if you knew this. We're getting close to day-end so why don't you vote for the person you feel is scummiest instead of tossing your vote at me for "pressure" that doesn't really need applied.
Yes of course. Most questions I've asked players hasn't been alongside a pressure vote. My vote signifies that I'm concerned about an aspect of player's play and if they don't give a good reason for it then the vote is going to stay. It's up to me to decide whether pressure needs to be applied.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:09 am »

Are... Are you... YOU LITERALLY ADMIT THIS? You never admit to an OMGUS! You also never OMGUS at all! Alright Dave, I'm pretty sure you're scum. Whether you are or aren't I want you to try again in the next BM okay? You have potential. I can see that BUT YOU NEED PRACTICE! Read some of the "Great Games" of the forum and try to learn from them. Okay?

Everyone guesses in the beginning stage. Griffins first post when the game started was: Boy, OMGUS.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2013, 11:05:56 am »

Nerjin
I appreciate the concern, and usually I'd agree but in this instance I don't think it's my job to give scum advice. If Imp really is a rolecop he can ask the scum-IC Deathsword for advice on good rolecop scumplay. Do you disagree?

OF COURSE I disagree! You are an IC! It doesn't matter WHAT his alignment is you are supposed to teach him you twit. Jesus dude! What the hell? You signed up to teach: TEACH! Scum, Town, third party, just reading the forum for fun, it doesn't matter! Do not pull this again NQT. Do your damn job.

Everyone guesses in the beginning stage. Griffins first post when the game started was: Boy, OMGUS.

Not quite. Boy hadn't voted GriffPup. Furthermore his was the very first post in the game so it was likely just an entirely random vote as a joke. What you did was say "He voted me so I'll vote him." THAT is an OMGUS and that is also very scummy. Furthermore he did it at the very start of the game while you did it much closer to lynch time. Timing has a lot to do with it. The game stops being early stages quite soon after the RVS stage ends.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2013, 11:10:01 am »

Stop arguing.
You both are in the wrong.
Just focus on the game at hand.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2013, 11:17:21 am »

Nerjin

OF COURSE I disagree! You are an IC! It doesn't matter WHAT his alignment is you are supposed to teach him you twit. Jesus dude! What the hell? You signed up to teach: TEACH! Scum, Town, third party, just reading the forum for fun, it doesn't matter! Do not pull this again NQT. Do your damn job.
I feel I must intervene. NQT, you can't be 100% sure who is scum and who is not. Only I, the mod, the spoilspecs, and the scum team can be know for sure. And even if a player says "hey, I am scum" you are still obligated as an IC to teach them. Being an IC means you must give advice and teach, EVEN IF THAT GOES AGAINST YOUR WINCON. Refusing to give advice as an IC is terrible play and against the idea of BMs themselves.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41