Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75145 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Requested
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2013, 12:38:06 pm »

Griffpup, there could have been a clarifying comma but I think it's unfair to say that the reads were incomprehensible. They showed that Imp had taken a moment to look at Chink and Powder and come with an impression. It's okay not to know whether someone is scum or town at this stage. Being absolutely certain would smack of scummishness or bullheadedness.

Do you have any reads yet?
He used contradicting terms when describing a player. This directly limited my ability to comprehend what he was trying to get across.  Hence incomprehensible.   The fact that he came up with an impression has nothing to do with how well he writes it down.  He did clarify though, which helped.

Ya, I have reads.
Dave is stupid, and is either super stupid, or panicking scum.  Without answers to my questions, and what looks like an OMGUS and bandwagon vote in an attempt to save himself, he looks decidedly scummy.  This could merely be extreme newbiness, but I doubt it.
And since he doesn't answer my questions, onto prime target number two.
Gun:
Your predecessor pursued the issue of my voting without substance significantly, and then immediately dropped it and moved on.  What's your opinion on the subject?  Do you know why he left the issue so abruptly?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2013, 01:02:22 pm »

Griffpup, I think it's more charitable to say that Dave's play has succumbed to some newplayer mistakes. I'm yet to convinced that he's really scum and not just a bit flaily. Calling him stupid isn't very equitable, or indeed equinamitable: his play hasn't been great but he's clearly got some brains.

Dave, you're the top pick at the moment. Whether you're scum or town, your best move now is to offer a coherent case on another player and show that the attacks on you are ill-founded. Scum hunt now and give good reads of your fellow players, then if you are mislynched then at least the other town players will be able to draw on your perspective. If you're about to be mislynched then the more interactions you can have with players, the more helpful you'll be to town after you're dead.

Chink, is there any reason why you're not using your vote? The vote is town's weapon, without it they cannot pressure and lynch scum.

GUN, welcome to the game. I suggest taking a moment to read through the game (better now before it gets too unwieldy) and making a few notes on the play of each of the players. What's your fresh perspective on everyone?

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 28, 2013, 01:18:55 pm »

Imperial: Your scum, its N2, and you think youve killed the cop. Whats your next step?
Chink: You are a cop, its N3, theres four people left. All of which are showing signs of aggression towards you. How do you proceed?

Let me clarify.
Chink is either a townie, or a member of the scum trying ot blend in.
PowderMiner is may likely be town, but he shows some scuminess ( in his active lurking )
You do realise that thats the point of the game correct?

My suspicions are that Imperial and Griffin are scum buddies, since I'm probably going to be lynched anyway, I thought Id put that out there.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

NQT:
I don't normally judge people leniently or favorably, so don't expect me to be 'charitable' now or in the near future.  But you do make one good point.  He must have the mental capacity to access the internet and have the ability to type.  This in turn, does imply some existence of 'brains'.

Dave:
Since you're in the mood to post,
Your accusations against me amount to lurking and being aggressive when I get voted, correct?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 28, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »

Imperial: Your scum, its N2, and you think youve killed the cop. Whats your next step?
Let me clarify.
Chink is either a townie, or a member of the scum trying ot blend in.
PowderMiner is may likely be town, but he shows some scuminess ( in his active lurking )
Scum, N2, Killed the cop, next step. Play normal scum and get another kill till scum wins, i guess.
Yes i understand, this means chink is undecided. He could be either.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Needed
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2013, 01:38:24 pm »

Chink
NQT: You are a generic scum, D1. Who do you want to target N1, and why?
You can just ask the scum IC this sort of thing  ;). I'd target the most competent town player that is also least likely to be mislynched, which at this stage is probably Powder Miner or Nerjin (assuming that they're town). What would you do?
Chink, is there any reason why you're not using your vote? The vote is town's weapon, without it they cannot pressure and lynch scum.
NQT: I wouldn't target you or Nerjin, because ICs can still talk after death. I'd probably go for Powder Miner, assuming he isn't scum, because he seems competent. As for why I haven't voted yet, I'm biding my time until I see someone I really want to put pressure on. I may as well use it now, though.
IG: You do realize that saying I'm town or scum means nothing, right? Everybody in this game can only be town or scum.
Dave:  Have I investigated any of them already, and have I made made any of those investigations public? I can't answer the question to the best of my ability until I know that.
Powder Miner: Who do you think are the scum, and why?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2013, 01:42:38 pm »

NQT:

It's been a while since I've seen it be used, but is the different font your IC voice?  If so could you do something to differentiate it a bit more as it's a bit difficult for me to tell the difference at a glance.

Griffinpup:
Ya, I have reads.
Dave is stupid, and is either super stupid, or panicking scum.  Without answers to my questions, and what looks like an OMGUS and bandwagon vote in an attempt to save himself, he looks decidedly scummy.  This could merely be extreme newbiness, but I doubt it.
Gun:
Your predecessor pursued the issue of my voting without substance significantly, and then immediately dropped it and moved on.  What's your opinion on the subject?  Do you know why he left the issue so abruptly?
That's A read.  Do you have opinions of the more skilled players yet?

Why do you need to know what precisely IG meant by his reads?  Are you planning on using them in any way, shape, or form?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »

Griffinpup:
Ya, I have reads.
Gun:
That's A read.  Do you have opinions of the more skilled players yet?
Yes.  For example, I'm one hundred percent sure you're either town or scum, and Nerjin is town, leaning scum.  :D

But for reals, all of my other reads are vague and without substance.  I consider spouting emotional reads useless and a waste of time, so I only wrote down the one that I had substance of.
1. Why do you need to know what precisely IG meant by his reads? 
2. Are you planning on using them in any way, shape, or form?
1. I don't.
2. Perhaps.  They may prove useful as comparisons later in the game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

Nerjin, I note that your first and only vote has been on DaveTheGrave. Do you think your first instinct was good and do you think you've adequately pressured other players?

Griffionday
It's been a while since I've seen it be used, but is the different font your IC voice?  If so could you do something to differentiate it a bit more as it's a bit difficult for me to tell the difference at a glance.
Yes:
I am an IC in this game. Sometimes I may offer gameplay advice, in general or to specific players. I will try to keep my advice uncontroversial and in a different font. If you want to ask me a gameplay related question I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. I am also a player in this game so I will also be trying to win, but I will endeavour never to deceive when using my IC-voice.
I chose 'courier' because it was readable and clearly a different font, but I'll take on board what you're saying and further differentiate my IC-voice. Is the following okay or a bit overboard?

Everyone
It's about 34 hours until the deadline. By now we should be honing our reads and taking responsibility for the upcoming lynch.

The current lynch candidate by two points is DaveTheGrave. His main 'scum-tells' have been to act very defensively, not responding to questions and to vote without any accompanying reason or question. He has since answered some questions and given a handful of reads of other players.  By the time Day 1 ends, each of us will have to weigh up whether his behaviour is more scummy than anyone other player. Are these conceivably the actions of a town or a scum player? This means continuing pressuring and questioning other players and following up when they give lousy responses.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

Dave:  Have I investigated any of them already, and have I made made any of those investigations public? I can't answer the question to the best of my ability until I know that.
You've investigated one of them, and they are confirmed not scum, but youre not sure if theres only 1 scum left, or 2

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2013, 02:37:30 pm »

I am honestly contemplating lynching myself if he turns cop or JK

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2013, 02:40:42 pm »

You've investigated one of them, and they are confirmed not scum, but youre not sure if theres only 1 scum left, or 2
you realize that that's not actually possible, right? You always know the number of scum.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:11:23 pm by griffinpup »

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2013, 02:47:52 pm »

Griffionday
Yes:
I am an IC in this game. Sometimes I may offer gameplay advice, in general or to specific players. I will try to keep my advice uncontroversial and in a different font. If you want to ask me a gameplay related question I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. I am also a player in this game so I will also be trying to win, but I will endeavour never to deceive when using my IC-voice.
I chose 'courier' because it was readable and clearly a different font, but I'll take on board what you're saying and further differentiate my IC-voice. Is the following okay or a bit overboard?

Everyone
It's about 34 hours until the deadline. By now we should be honing our reads and taking responsibility for the upcoming lynch.
Navy is difficult to read in the darkling colour scheme.  Possibly italicised instead?  (Font size changed to 9pt).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »

Griffionday
Navy is difficult to read in the darkling colour scheme.  Possibly italicised instead?  (Font size changed to 9pt).
Yeah, it's difficult to find a colour that works with both schemes (I use the forum defaults). I wanted to avoid italicising as I find large chunks of italicised text difficult to read. I think 12pt, courier in teal should be clear in both schemes.

Imperial Guardsman
Self-lynching if you're town is always an anti-town move. Don't even consider it.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2013, 03:26:53 pm »

Griffionday
Yeah, it's difficult to find a colour that works with both schemes (I use the forum defaults). I wanted to avoid italicising as I find large chunks of italicised text difficult to read. I think 12pt, courier in teal should be clear in both schemes.
It's clear enough, thanks.

Imperial Guardsman
Self-lynching if you're town is always an anti-town move. Don't even consider it.
On the other hand; if you are scum, feel free to self-lynch.  ((Don't actually, the scum claims in magic mafia are stupid enough without it seeping into the BMs.))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41