Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75046 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Four - Dwarf Fortress 0.82.06
« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:42 pm »

And of course I forget to actually vote you, birdy51
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:46 am »

Alrghty... Time to re-read the thread and cast my vote and such.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2013, 11:43:31 am »

I want to hear Birdy's thoughts before I say anything because I noticed something that might mean a lot or very little depending on his actions.

Nerjin, you are a rolecop for the mafia. Who do you inspect first?
You rolecop and find the cop and the doctor. Which one do you and your scumbuddies lynch first?
Nerjin

This. Right here, this alone lets me know you're the scum, birdy.
This was his way of trying to subtly get Nerjin's advice.

You have no proof of this and it is WIFOM. He could just as easily have asked this question to distance the two of us. People rarely suspect scum in a BM of interacting a ton with eachother. It IS a powerful trend but not an all ending one. You need a bit more than just that to go on.

For now it looks like Rolepgeek is going to be my vote BUT as I said I want to hear from Birdy first.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2013, 06:13:23 pm »

Damn you Microsoft Paint Adventures... Converting my time into nothingness.

Long story short, I'm still organizing my case. For now though, I definitely want to bring up this:

But, in combing through the thread for this information, I find something else.

IG: You are a Rolecop, D1. Who do you target N1, and why?

New evidence has come to light. Specifically, evidence that IG was a Rolecop. He'd asked, and been asked, questions about Rolecop before, as well. This is unlikely, to say the least, to be a coincidence. Combined with other factors(such as the relative low post count of Chink, the points you've brought up about him subsequently interacting very little with IG, and , this raises the suspicion factor on birdy51.

Also… Good catch on the RVS question between Chink and IG, but I am not certain what to make of it. But, if I had to wager a logical guess, I think this probably one case where the scum decides to taunt a townie.

Yet, Imperial Guardsman communicating with Nerjin doesn't bother in the slightest.

You rolecop and find the cop and the doctor. Which one do you and your scumbuddies lynch first?
Nerjin

This was his way of trying to subtly get Nerjin's advice. He could have done so completely privately if Nerjin was scum. This alone could make you the scum by process of elimination, but when you combine this with the peculiar way you've been acting, the fact that griffinpup, who was pushing a case on you, was the one to die, and the fact that your predecessors lurked incessantly, tells me that you are the scum. You just threw IG under the bus when it was clear that people were getting suspicious of him.

Rolepgeek: You'll note that the two questions IG asked are one in the same. Is there any particular reason you are biased against me?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »

Damn you Microsoft Paint Adventures... Converting my time into nothingness.

Long story short, I'm still organizing my case. For now though, I definitely want to bring up this:

IG: You are a Rolecop, D1. Who do you target N1, and why?

New evidence has come to light. Specifically, evidence that IG was a Rolecop. He'd asked, and been asked, questions about Rolecop before, as well. This is unlikely, to say the least, to be a coincidence. Combined with other factors(such as the relative low post count of Chink, the points you've brought up about him subsequently interacting very little with IG, and , this raises the suspicion factor on birdy51.

Also… Good catch on the RVS question between Chink and IG, but I am not certain what to make of it. But, if I had to wager a logical guess, I think this probably one case where the scum decides to taunt a townie.

Yet, Imperial Guardsman communicating with Nerjin doesn't bother in the slightest.

Nerjin

This was his way of trying to subtly get Nerjin's advice. He could have done so completely privately if Nerjin was scum. This alone could make you the scum by process of elimination, but when you combine this with the peculiar way you've been acting, the fact that griffinpup, who was pushing a case on you, was the one to die, and the fact that your predecessors lurked incessantly, tells me that you are the scum. You just threw IG under the bus when it was clear that people were getting suspicious of him.

Rolepgeek: You'll note that the two questions IG asked are one in the same. Is there any particular reason you are biased against me?

birdy51: You'll notice that's a lie. Chink asked IG, and IG asked Nerjin. Those are different, and while I would say they're subtly different, subtle isn't the right word. We know IG is scum, a rolecop specifically. Thus, for Nerjin, it seems likes he's trying to get advice from a more experienced player for what he should do. Chink, on the other hand, seems like he's trying to figure out what IG is planning to do, as he already knows they're scum.

The difference is in who is asking the question, and who it's being asked to; Nerjin is an IC, and while as he's said, that doesn't put him out of the possibility of being scum on it's own, the scum asking him how to perform his role well seems like him trying to get advice subtly. If they were in cahoots, Nerjin, being experienced, would almost certainly be communicating with him in a private channel of some sort or another so that IG would get his advice that way. This, plus the fact that Nerjin was one of the first to suspect, pressure, and vote IG for being scum, makes me believe he's town. By process of elimination, that leaves you. In addition to this, I've had my own suspicions about you for some time now, and the manner in which you'd responded to griffinpup, as well as the fact that he's the one who died, makes me believe it was you. If Nerjin was scum, he almost certainly would have killed me; after all, I'm the one everyone seemed to be saying seemed the most town-y, along with Nerjin himself. By making it so the two people with him were scummier than he was, he would have thrown a lot more suspicion into the air.

I want to hear Birdy's thoughts before I say anything because I noticed something that might mean a lot or very little depending on his actions.

Nerjin

This was his way of trying to subtly get Nerjin's advice.

You have no proof of this and it is WIFOM. He could just as easily have asked this question to distance the two of us. People rarely suspect scum in a BM of interacting a ton with eachother. It IS a powerful trend but not an all ending one. You need a bit more than just that to go on.

For now it looks like Rolepgeek is going to be my vote BUT as I said I want to hear from Birdy first.

And Nerjin, you say it's WIFOM, and maybe it is. but from looking at this http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM I don't know how much that matters, or if it's true. A lot of this is WIFOM. Granted, it's not all there was to the case, it was just something that caught my eye, and seemed suspicious enough as circumstantial evidence, from what we've learned so far, to make me not suspect you. Maybe it's like the quote in Okami's signature. It's a huge devious ploy that you made with IG from the beginning to throw off suspicion. But if I went with that, that would almost certainly be WIFOM, and one that would be impossible to solve.
What reason do you have to vote me, besides disagreeing with my reasoning?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2013, 11:43:39 pm »

8 Hours remain in the day.

Day 4 will end on Thursday, August 29 at 8:00pm CST

Rolepgeek (0) -
birdy51 (1) - Rolepgeek
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - birdy51, Nerjin

Shorten (0/2) -

Lurker Tracker
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:50:47 am by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 29, 2013, 01:27:38 pm »

Alright... Enough rereading and theory-crafting me.

As far as I am concerned, my rereading of the thread has only managed to increase my frustration levels. There is only so much digging a man can do before he grows absolutely tired of hearing about it. Long story short, I won't be presenting a single large case. At this point, I'm too mentally exhausted to do otherwise.

Rolepgeek:

You managed to completely miss the point I was trying to make, mistakes of mine or not. I did not ask you for your explanation as to your reasoning.  This is a mistake on both of our ends, so I shall be blunt with you now.

You have been extraordinarily fixated on me the entire game, and constantly making claims that I am a scummiest player here. Despite this however, you didn't lynch me when the opportunity arose  on Day 3, even though you didn't think Squill was scum. 

Now, why is that? What possible point is there to keeping me around until LYLO if you thought I was the scummier character?
BIRDS.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 29, 2013, 03:15:31 pm »

I forgot to do this:

Bah!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Three - Missing Friend
« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2013, 03:17:42 pm »

Squill/Griffionday is the scum. Him, or birdy51. I could be horribly wrong and doom us all, particularly since I really am having trouble deciphering who is scum at this point, but from what I can tell, Squill's lynch would give us the most information, particularly after the night-kill.

Though I have a bad feeling I'll be the night-kill since everyone seems to agree I'm town. :/

Alrighty... So it seems to me that you voted Squill because reasons and that's fine. You never elaborated on those reasons however.

birdy51: Probably should've night killed Nerjin instead; then I'd have more trouble deciding.

This seems a lot like Scum gloating just so you know. Town or not I'd advice against this sort of statement in the future.

Rolepgeek

I want to apologize for being a bit of a lousy IC this time around. My life got super busy and then... Well I'll try to do better in the future.

I wish I was better at the game for you guys.

I want to apologize most to Squill. I did the wrong thing as both an IC and a Player. I should have helped guide you towards a better course of action and, as a player, should have recognized the feeling of being overwhelmed.

Here's hoping this doesn't end up being the end of things.

Shorten

I don't care for this rule and it's not really explained why but... Here ya go.

Pre-post Edit: Uh... Okay Dave. Nice to see you're still around. Nice Ninja there. Hope to see you around more too.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

I'll throw out my shorten as well.
BIRDS.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Three - Missing Friend
« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »

birdy51: I didn't vote you day 3 for the same reason I didn't vote you day 2; not enough other people were voting you to make a difference, I didn't want to cause a nolynch. Had it been nolynch, there would be four people left, not three, which still would have been LYLO, but even more difficult than with three people, as there are more people making 'white noise' and such. As well, suspicion for you had died down when you threw IG under the bus, and with Nerjin's comments on Squill's playstyle. They made sense, so I decided to vote him, as well as the response I'd made earlier; it gave me good information, especially with how griffinpup was the one to die, rather than me or Nerjin.

Extraordinarily fixated on you? No. Especially since suspicion for you has gone down and risen again. I didn't want to keep you until LYLO. I wanted to cause a nolynch even less. Nolynch is death in most cases.

But a moderate-sized portion of my reason for suspecting you, comes from the tone of the way you'd been bantering with griffinpup. It reminded me of IG's method of hammering down Dave. The difference being, Dave was inexperienced, and griffinpup wasn't. Dave cracked from the pressure and began panicking, griffinpup just got suspicious and annoyed. I think. The rest comes from Chink's lurkage, his interactions with IG, Nerjin's interactions with IG ruling him out, and the various points myself and others(particularly griffinpup) brought up.

Nerjin: Okay so quite a bit of what I said above there is a response to you too. :/ I like answering multiple questions with a single long-winded answer.

Anyway. I suppose it doesn't matter, since now that birdy's thrown in his shorten, he's won, and I doubt oppose shorten would work, since it would mean the LYLO could potentially never end.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 29, 2013, 08:06:36 pm »

Oh, and uhh...I forgot to ask. Nerjin, what were you referring to here?

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 29, 2013, 08:44:42 pm »

Posting to watch; I would ask to be on the replacement list, but I'll be busy for a while.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2013, 12:19:49 am »

Spoiler: Out of the Frying Pan (click to show/hide)

Day 4 has ended.

Rolepgeek has been lynched.

Rolepgeek was a Goblin Thief (Vanilla Town)

FINAL VOTECOUNT

Rolepgeek (2) - birdy51, Nerjin
birdy51 (1) - Rolepgeek
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting -

Shorten (2/2) - Nerjin, birdy51

Imperial Guardsman and birdy51, Dwarven Spies, have won!
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2013, 12:27:51 am »

good job birdy51. I thought Nerjin was the last scum.  :-\
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41