Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75061 times)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Three - Missing Friend
« Reply #525 on: August 21, 2013, 12:16:34 pm »

Day has been extended.  Day now ends Friday, August 23 at 8:00pm CST
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 21, 2013, 03:50:47 pm »

Just a note, I plan on trying to sift through the wall o text and respond tonight.

Distractions prevented me from doing so last night, most of them of my own devices! But now is a good time to get down to business...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Griffinpup:

I cannot quote worth a damn, so I edited your own post a bit. Note that the questions and statements I'm responding to are numbered and colored blue.

[1]If you could quote where this point has been "pounded down" and why that doesn't make this a scumtell, I'd appreciate it.

...Though not addressing anyone, (lurking) is scummy by itself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I believe *this* may have something to do with it. Lurking is quite easy when you don't have enough time to dedicate a proper post. It's the same way with Boy. Things come up. I was on the fence of joining this game due to not knowing how much time I could dedicate. However, at this point it looks like you need someone who is simply willing to post at all. >.<

Giving an explanation for Chink's lurking was the first thing I was asked to do after replacing in. Having to justify his behavior twice now is a bit of a nuisance.  To tell the plain truth, I don't understand why he had lurked. I suppose that he didn't have enough time to put in an effort. Frankly, that's all I can believe, considering there was no reason for his lurking otherwise.

As to your second point, I won't deny that active-lurking and lurking are scumtells. Interpret them as you wish, as I've already given my own thoughts on whether Chink's lurking.

[2]If you didn't think IG was scum, what did you think about the huge bandwagon he did on me?  And who were your two scumpicks at the time? 

But all in all, your answers satisfy me, so Unvote.

I never said that I didn't think he was scum, only that his behaviour bothered me greatly. I recall saying the words, "He is either scum or absolute crap." I just didn't know which group he fell into.

As for a second scumpick, I had none. I was still more or less trying to assert myself in the game for the greater part of Day 2. Rolepgeek may have been on my list for bits of time, but I never really had much reason to suspect him.

[3] Wrong.  I admit to not insulting Griffionday's playstyle and to insulting him personally, no to the use of Ad Homenem.

Whether you realize it or not, you were using Ad Hominem. Ad Hominem is simply degrading the integrity of another man in order to degrade their case. Calling another person a "lying piece of crap" and telling them to "grow some balls" falls into this plane.

[4]Perhaps you should read the post that this quote is actually referring to.  I DID refute his logic.

Not that I can see. Most of  your "refuting" was defending yourself and demanding that Griffionday make a case against you, as opposed to addressing Griffionday's point that relying too much on the past can be dangerous.

[5]As I hope you can tell by this quote, I DID RESPOND TO HIS POINTS.  I also insulted him.  I didn't insult him to dodge his points.  Hence Ad Hominem doesn't apply.

While you may have responded to his points, it was not in a manner that contributed to meaningful dialogue. Particularly, Griffionday prodded you on not looking for the "easy" lynches. I don't classify that as a proper response.

[6]And that's not the argument that I made.  

That was a mannerism of speech on my end regarding Ad Hominem. The infusion of sarcasm and insults into responses infringes upon the validity of the argument.

[7]I did disagree with Griffionday, and I did PRESENT A COUNTER ARGUMENT.

One tainted with Ad Hominem.

[8]I didn't cite WIFOM in order to disregard another person's argument.  It WASN'T an argument.  It was a possible explanation for my actions, which is heavily affected by WIFOM.  If he had actually made an argument out of that point I would of refuted it.  Since he didn't, I merely pointed out the WIFOM involved.

Perhaps it wasn't an argument yet. But that doesn't change the fact you still hand waved the idea as WIFOM. You didn't want to address the idea.

[9]How?

I'll answer your one word question with another question that should answer your question.

Urist McPlayer is playing Mafia at LYLO. Near the end of the day, he is the lynch target and is flailing wildly and begging not to be killed. The other Townie now has to decide whether he's telling the truth based on his antics, and the antics of the other player, Urist McShifty, who has been lurking for most of the game until this very last day.

Who is the scum?

[10]How?

Same question as above, only now both Urists are claiming to be the cop, and are pointing fingers at one another.

[11]Wrong.  I read it exactly as he stated it.

No you haven't. Beyond the words, "WIFOM like none other", I don't see you reading anything.

...Gah, that took me a greater part of the day to write out… For my own sake my good man, would you refrain from using so many quotations? They are good at times for clarifications, but quoting everything makes arguments considerably more difficult to go through.

Rolepgeek:

Extend

Well...shit. Those are good answers, griffinpup. I want to unvote you and try pushing someone else, but without an extend that will just result in a tie(which is just as bad or worse than a mislynch right now), or in you being lynched anyway.

I need to mull this over.

Don't be so afraid to shift your vote around it you need to. You already extended the day regardless.

Besides, I think people only get worried about the vote being tied when it is exceedingly close to the deadline that the votes get shifted around. Such as an hour before the Day ends for instance.
BIRDS.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 21, 2013, 08:18:20 pm »

never use that blue again like that
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:30 pm »

never use that blue again like that

Might I ask why?
BIRDS.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 21, 2013, 08:34:36 pm »

Because it's a pain to read.

On that note: I'll be gone until Sunday. I don't have enough time for the mafia and all of you seem to be doing alright. I'll still do IC stuffs but actual reads and the like are a no-go for a while.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 21, 2013, 09:22:56 pm »

QUICK LET'S LYNCH NERJIN

No. Now, I have an issue here. I'm starting to think it's Birdy again. But Birdy himself brings up good points about griffinpup's arguments. Not ones to make him seem scummy; a lot of it is semantics, which I don't care for, but the arguments that griffinpup brings up against Birdy.

So I'm gonna Unvote and hope I can figure this out from watching you guys, since I've already combed through the thread for all of you. Except Squill/Griffionday. And sort-of Nerjin, but he's got few enough posts and has given notice for most of his absences that I think I've gotten a decent idea of him. But since I'm hungry and just got done with an hour and a half of weeding, I'm not going to comb the thread right now.

Be sure to bump in a day or two at most so I can be reminded to comb.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:07 pm »

Unvote
Griffinpup's made good arguments. I really need to see how things develop, and look back to see if I missed anything.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »

So, to start off, I was looking back through, and suspicion was once again building up for griffinpup, and then it all deflated with this simple post:

Quote from: griffinpup
IG:
That's the second scummiest vote in this game so far.  That was a HUGE bandwagon.  Do you have a real case on me?
It was a huge post, so I didn't bother actually quoting it. Sorry.

But from then on, the interactions with IG, as well as Nerjin's interactions, leads me to think that of the people available, Squill/Griffionday is the scum. Him, or birdy51. I could be horribly wrong and doom us all, particularly since I really am having trouble deciphering who is scum at this point, but from what I can tell, Squill's lynch would give us the most information, particularly after the night-kill.

Though I have a bad feeling I'll be the night-kill since everyone seems to agree I'm town. :/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:27 pm »

Oh right, almost forgot:

Squill
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »

Oh right, almost forgot:

Squill
To be honest, I don't think I'm quite good enough at this game to really help, so if you think it'll help town win, then I see no reason not to lynch me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 22, 2013, 09:25:04 pm »

Oh right, almost forgot:

Squill
To be honest, I don't think I'm quite good enough at this game to really help, so if you think it'll help town win, then I see no reason not to lynch me.

Y'know Squill if you really want town to win you should be searching for cases and the like regardless of how you feel you're doing. [I personally think you're doing fine but if YOU don't think you will help us then why should I?]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:25 pm »

Oh right, almost forgot:

Squill

Y'know Squill if you really want town to win you should be searching for cases and the like regardless of how you feel you're doing. [I personally think you're doing fine but if YOU don't think you will help us then why should I?]
It's just been a bit confusing being dropped in towards what feels like near the end of the game. I'm still not convinced it's not griffinpup, but I really don't have any evidence, so...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 22, 2013, 11:05:03 pm »

Oh right, almost forgot:

Squill

It's just been a bit confusing being dropped in towards what feels like near the end of the game. I'm still not convinced it's not griffinpup, but I really don't have any evidence, so...

So get some. Look back through the thread, starting at page 11. The Lurker Tracker Okami has been posting could be helpful. Look at everything griffinpup's done, and the context it was done in. Particularly look at his interactions with those people still here, and Imperial Guardsman most of all. Do the same for all of us, really. That's how you get an idea of what's going on.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Replacement Requested
« Reply #539 on: August 23, 2013, 10:54:40 am »

9 Hours remain in the day.

Day Three will end on Friday, August 23 at 8:00pm.

griffinpup (1) - birdy51
Squill (2) - Nerjin, Rolepgeek
Rolepgeek (0) -
birdy51 (0) -
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - griffinpup, Squill

Extend (0/2) -
Shorten (0/3) -

Lurker Tracker
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41