Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54635 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2013, 11:19:53 pm »

so wait? am i in the top secret R&D department already or am i in the lobby like i thought i was?
You are somewhere in the facility. Somewhere in between, I guess.

And I thought you thought you were in the sewers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2013, 11:31:35 pm »

Continue to tell the guard where the convict is until he is recaptured.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2013, 01:23:50 am »

Finn pauses briefly to parse what the crab-man's saying.

"Erm... I fear we may have gotten off on the wrong foot."

He rubs the back of his head, smiling apologetically.

"What with me calling you a foul evil doer and you, well, not really disagreeing with that notion and attacking me.
Y'know, I'm really not crazy. Not that way, at least."

Use my mad diplomacy skills to diffuse this situation.

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2013, 04:10:13 am »

"Oh dear. I'm not sure I should be trusting such things, really. My nephew always tells me, don't trust people! And he knows best, I'm sure."

Oszkar then tries to turn off the computer, but, not seeing a button anywhere, decides to just unplug it from the wall. He had seen enough for now.

Go looking for somebody who looks suitably heroic. Also, what time is it?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2013, 05:05:02 am »

Hmm, maybe I need to plan this a little more...

Attempt to find/buy a radio that can tune in to police frequencies

Edit:  Also, is my ability to morph my body limited to basic things like claws, armour, or whatnot?  Or can I do more complex morphs, such as changing myself to look like someone else?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2013, 08:02:14 am »

Adi did not have time for this; she hadn't counted on being attacked before she even got a chance to modify the burqa. And, made of silver or not, that was not a comfortable punch. She'd been about to haul off out of there when she noticed two things: One, this burqa was crazy restricting and Two: That guy was a nazi. So instead of running, she turned to the nazi and raised an arm; which she then tried to grab and flip him over with. She would see if she could incapacitate him quickly; she really didn't have time for this super-strength nazi a-hole, and a superpowered fight was the last thing she currently wanted or needed.
Try to flip over the nazi a-hole; prioritize speed in the attempted incapacitation.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2013, 08:18:25 am »

Ahahahaha! It worked! Then again, it always does he supposes, they always catch his scent but he's able to send them away with nothing but a few mere words. Now, now he needs to get to work, to figure out who 'they' are, its the only way. To figure out who's setting all these cameras, making all these cronies, doing all of this. But how? Hm... He didn't think that the cronies could be affected with his machine, but perhaps they can... Now would be the time to test though, quietly. He knows what he sees, the truth. But from his perspective. What do they see? That is the question.

Irving tried to calm himself as he focused on one of the two black-suited cronies, trying to read their mind, see what they see, see what they think. If he can access one of their memories, perhaps he can gather where their base is, figure out where they come from... Although he has his doubts as to if such knowledge will be implanted in them, its worth a shot for no better reason than to see if he can even affect such creatures.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2013, 08:27:49 am »

Edit:  Also, is my ability to morph my body limited to basic things like claws, armour, or whatnot?  Or can I do more complex morphs, such as changing myself to look like someone else?
You haven't really tried, but you imagine the question isn't if you could do that, it's how well you could do that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2013, 08:35:47 am »

You haven't really tried, but you imagine the question isn't if you could do that, it's how well you could do that.
Hmm, I may have to practice that at some point, it could come in useful.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »

Leave.
[6+1v5,6] You manage to slip past the first guard and the next, [5] even staying invisible long enough to escape the prison.

Time to go demon hunting.

Ask any coppers along the way if they saw a demon or summat like it on their patrols. Also be on the lookout for any criminal activity; evil thrives in the most hidden of places.
[5] One mentions thinking that he and his partner thought they saw someone turn into a demon. They thought they were hallucinating, but they have to admit, the demon's existence would explain why the guys attacking him ran.

Strike a heroic pose.
"I am... uh, the, um, The Waveform!  I am here to fight crime and evil and villainy!"
The newly christened Waveform coughs somewhat awkwardly.
"And, er, who are you?"
"You are, are you?"
[5] Ouch. The guy smacks you in the head with some kind of club, and you fall unconscious...

sprint toward the nearest area i can access my files from and download them.
Grab every bit of miltec that is not nailed down.
also set a highly volatile piece of machinery to overload and/or start a fire.
Leave via the tunnels again.

If cornered by guards at any stage, surrender then go full demon when they go to restrain me and beat them senseless. Continue with the plan afterwards

[2] You manage to run into a guard after about two turns. Needless to say, he is bigger and better-armed than you.
"Time to get my game face on, I guess. Gragh! Grr!" You could use some work on the banter, but you've got the "scaring random mooks" bit down good. [3+1] You manage to scare off most of the guards being sent your way, allowing you to access your files, take them, and set a fire.
Sprinklers. [3] Your flames on you are dampened, although still burning a bit, and the fire you started is out. How will you proceed?

Continue to tell the guard where the convict is until he is recaptured.
[3-1] You continue to point to the spot you last saw him, which doesn't help much.

Finn pauses briefly to parse what the crab-man's saying.

"Erm... I fear we may have gotten off on the wrong foot."

He rubs the back of his head, smiling apologetically.

"What with me calling you a foul evil doer and you, well, not really disagreeing with that notion and attacking me.
Y'know, I'm really not crazy. Not that way, at least."

Use my mad diplomacy skills to diffuse this situation.

[2] "If khad enoukh ok peohple kho khall me a mhanster." As it so happens, the others don't seem to disagree. Hard to say why, maybe you need better luck.

"Oh dear. I'm not sure I should be trusting such things, really. My nephew always tells me, don't trust people! And he knows best, I'm sure."
Oszkar then tries to turn off the computer, but, not seeing a button anywhere, decides to just unplug it from the wall. He had seen enough for now.
Go looking for somebody who looks suitably heroic. Also, what time is it?
[2] You find absolutely no one willing to talk with you for long.
It's some time in the evening.

Hmm, maybe I need to plan this a little more...
Attempt to find/buy a radio that can tune in to police frequencies
You do so. [5] You snag a police scanner for $25 plus tax.

Adi did not have time for this; she hadn't counted on being attacked before she even got a chance to modify the burqa. And, made of silver or not, that was not a comfortable punch. She'd been about to haul off out of there when she noticed two things: One, this burqa was crazy restricting and Two: That guy was a nazi. So instead of running, she turned to the nazi and raised an arm; which she then tried to grab and flip him over with. She would see if she could incapacitate him quickly; she really didn't have time for this super-strength nazi a-hole, and a superpowered fight was the last thing she currently wanted or needed.
Try to flip over the nazi a-hole; prioritize speed in the attempted incapacitation.
[6v5] You have advanced self-defense training courtesy of your justifiably-paranoid father, and it shows on this Illinois Nazi, who goes crashing through some trash cans. He spouts off a mixture of obscenities, generic insults, and what you assume are racist insults against Middle Easterners as he hobbles away.
That was fast.

-snip-

Irving tried to calm himself as he focused on one of the two black-suited cronies, trying to read their mind, see what they see, see what they think. If he can access one of their memories, perhaps he can gather where their base is, figure out where they come from... Although he has his doubts as to if such knowledge will be implanted in them, its worth a shot for no better reason than to see if he can even affect such creatures.
[1] The one to the left seems to be some sort of sleeper agent, waiting for the secret order to go into action against the Common Good and the Oppressed and such. You can't just ignore such a clear signal, can you?

I looked up Chicago sales tax for this turn. Do I worry too much about the details?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:31:20 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2013, 10:09:30 pm »

Pull all the money out of my bank account. Then get a mask and trench coat. Leave the city.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2013, 10:10:22 pm »

((...I hate illinois nazis!))
Mumbling unamusedly to herself, Adi tried to get back to her house and scrounge together scissors and stuff to make plenty of alterations to the burqa- basically cutting it up and reassembling the pieces. For the lower part of the burqa, she would try to separate the dress and reattach it into baggy legs, which would far less inhibit her movement, if she did it right. She attempted to similarly alter the upper part of it, tying some to the torso and some to the arms in sections in an attempt to make a baggy shirt-like garment, which would then be tied with a sash from cut out material from the head veil- significantly shortened and turned into more of a head-neck wrap than a veil. That is to say, she tried to do that.
Try to get home and alter burqa in abovedescribed manner.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »

((...I hate illinois nazis!))
Well, yes.
Incidentally, I was tempted to add the Brothers Blue as an antihero duo...
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2013, 10:25:40 pm »

hack the security then disable and lock down the sprinklers.
Regardless of success grab all the experimental tech not nailed down and leave the way i came setting fires as i go.
Tranform back to normal and stash all my crap in my hotel room, check what prebuilt tech i stole.

((Also ipunchfaces shouldnt know im a ceo, i was disguised as the snitch at the time.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »

1. I said "Business exec guy," not "CEO".
2. Good catch.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45