Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54628 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »

Oh. Either way, a sufficiently knowledgeable and powerful magnetic guy could probably screw with Ari.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2013, 08:50:01 pm »

*Adi
...but yes, I will concede that.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2013, 08:51:14 pm »

Kyle sat, casually shaping and reshaping his left hand into various forms, trying to piece together exactly what happened.   

It had gone well at first.  He had been sitting on the street corner, begging for money and wallowing in self-pity, when a sharply-dressed man approached him, saying that his team were developing a new serum designed to induce regeneration, and were offering $600 to anyone willing to test it.  While this seemed very dubious, not to mention incredibly dangerous, the money was just too much to pass up and he accepted the offer, providing he could get half the money upfront.  The man responded by pulling out a wad of cash from his jacket and tossing it into Kyle's lap, gesturing for him to follow.  Before following the man Kyle hid the money, along with the rest of his day's earnings, behind a loose brick in the wall behind a bin, just in case.  Kyle followed the man down an alleyway to a shabby looking building, where he told Kyle to go inside.

The next thing Kyle remembered was waking up, feeling disoriented and sore all over.  He staggered to his feet and looked around.  He appeared to be right outside the building which he had been led to.  A quick check inside revealed that it was abandoned, though footprints show that people had been there recently.  He began to doubt that there had even been a serum test, though he did feel slightly, different.  While mulling this over, he decided to return to get his money from before, if it was still there.  When he got back to his hiding spot, he was relieved to find the money was still there.  That relief was short-lived however, as he heard a voice from behind him demanding that he hand the money over.  He turned to find he had been confronted by a rather shabby looking man with a knife.  Angered by the confrontation and determined not to lose the money, he struck out at the man.  However in his weakened state he was easily blocked, and the man in return stabbed Kyle in the stomach.  In his shock Kyle flailed out at the attacker, and was horrified to see his fingers turn into sharp claws that tore into the man, who dropped to the floor with blood pouring out of him.  In his panic, Kyle fled, hiding his clawed hands in his jacket as he ran.  His panicked running took him right back to the abandoned building where he woke.  He decided to hide out in the building for a while until he figured out what was going on with himself.  Once he had calmed down,  he was shocked to realise he still had the knife sticking out of his chest, but was most surprised to find that it didn't hurt.  He pulled out the knife, noticing that his fingers had returned to normal, and that the wound was closing rapidly.  He experimented for a while, and found that he could control this change, and reshape his body into many forms. 

A thought then came to him, that he now had the power to bring justice to those who are denied it, that he could use these new-found powers for good.  But first he would have to master his new-found talent, and disguise his identity. 

Search city for criminal activity, using his power to disguise his facial features if necessary

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »

Examine offers of free tickets to Jerusalem. Anything suspicious about them? Also, try to find out the Messiah's real name, if available.
[3] Hm, now that you look at it, you're pretty sure there's no reason they'd require your Social Security Number...but other than that aberration, it looks pretty good.
[4-1] It's apparently Mary Something-or-other. You couldn't find her last name.

Wait for a guard to get close and smash their head into the cell bars until they stop moving.
[1] You wait until a guard bumps into you, then realize that they probably know where you are. [5v6] You manage to dodge out of the way, [6] and while you adjust your illusion fast enough to keep yourself invisible it causes enough of a stir that you're pretty sure every guard in the prison knows something's going on in there. Oops.

-snip-
Silver Scarlet was about to be reborn.
Erin thought this was a good start as any.
Action: Break into one of my old theaters at midnight-find the 'Silver Scarlet' costume there, that I could use to hide my identity. Try to avoid detection for now...
[4] You manage to take the old costume without too much of a fuss. You're guessing that tomorrow's paper will be having a field day guessing why you took it. Of course, they're not quite sure who took it, but you might want to lay low. Or not, get the media to shut up about it.

Tell the guard that the hole is an illusion, shoot the cell bars!
You inform him, but he's busy tripping over an invisible prisoners. You're about to shoot the cell bars, but a flash of light and such as he re-hides himself dazzles you. Good thing, because I don't believe you have anything to shoot him with...

I see. Scrap my previous action if you haven't written it, I suppose. I'll Meet with the Triad to see what sort of jobs they're offering.
You head over the the Triads. You're a bit hopped up on your latest dosage of CR4k, but you get the gist: Some sort of demon was spotted elsewhere in the city. You are to investigate the demon. If you can bring in daily reports, you get your daily food, 4k, and of course a bit of cash. To get you started, they give you half a dozen tablets of 4k (each rated to get you through about 3 hours of the day).

-snip-
Adi attempts to find something to utterly cover herself head-to-toe with.
[5+1] Thankfully, Adi manages to find a pretty cheap burqa. It is a garment made to cover a woman from head to toe, and succeeds in doing so.
On the unfortunate side, as she begins to walk home, she is reminded that there is still prejudice in Chicago by a man wearing what appears to be an imitation Nazi uniform.
"Damn Muslim cunt," he says to you. Glancing each way, he punches you with what must be super-strength. [5v1] As it turns out, while his strength is super, his pain tolerance evidently isn't, because he's grabbing his hand in pain.

"Huh.  I don't want to jump to conclusions here.  What if I hurt a hero?  Hmm... maybe this amulet could actually be of use at least once ever?"
Duck into the nearest alleyway and wait for the fight to finish.  After that generate the sound of a woman screaming, and indistinct male voices.  If the winner of the fight comes closer, reveal myself and talk to him.  If he walks away, go after him sneakily, get the knife to his throat.
[6v2] You're not waiting long. Soon enough, the guy in blue is thrown through the air [2] and lands several feet from your hiding spot.
[6v6] Okay, seriously, what is up with this die?
[3v6] The man in black turns towards you. "Who are you and why are you there?" Something tells you that the sounds you're thinking of won't do much here except reveal your trump card...

-snip-

But for now, he has to pretend to be normal, try to throw their suspicion... Would his device even work on them? He's not entirely sure, but perhaps if worse comes to worse he should try. Irving tries to shore up all of his training in being average and unnoticeable and speaks back, albeit in a rather stilted way, as if interrupted from something. "I am just waiting for an appointment." That usually throws them off the trail.
[4] They believe your lie and go elsewhere.

buy replacement laptop screen then head back to my apartment and repair my laptop.
Once completed head back to lexcorp hq using my new underground maps to get me there undetected.
Once under lexcorp "break" into its computer system by using all my intimate knowledge of its security.
Download all of my secret prototype designs and delete them from the system before my power hungry ceos discover the ghost drive and break its security.

The laptop is repaired, a simple enough job that I won't even roll for it.
You head over to the local LEXTech HQ and [1+1+1] manage to get inside. Unfortunately, you bump into a painting on the wall, knocking it over with a crash. Just think: You knew exactly how to get in, how exactly to beat the security measures, and yet...you fall afoul to a common enough mistake.
Well, how are you going to deal with the security guard or guards who are coming your way?

"Ow... I'll make you regret that."

Slam my club into the bad(?) guy.
[4v5] Turns out, crab-things can dodge pretty fast. [2v4] As can metalkinetics (Memo to self: Look up Latin for "metal") in heavy armor. [2] "Giehk, I neehd your khelp. Krazy mektl kie athking me."

-snip-
Search city for criminal activity, using his power to disguise his facial features if necessary
[2] No criminals found. Huh.

I know I snipped out a lot of roleplaying from...about a third or half of those posts, but I do really enjoy it. It lets your characters come alive, you know?

Anyways, I've decided on a rough timeschedule. About a real-world week for each day, with sunset happening around the middle of the week and sunrise on Sunday. I'm trying not to make transitions during fights or stuff like that though...so let's see how long it takes for me to abandon that plan.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2013, 10:37:42 pm »

Leave.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39:44 pm »

...using my new underground maps... ...Once under lexcorp...
Unfortunately, you bump into a painting on the wall,
What the fuck have these money grubbing murder monkeys done to my corporation?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2013, 10:42:58 pm »

Time to go demon hunting.

Ask any coppers along the way if they saw a demon or summat like it on their patrols. Also be on the lookout for any criminal activity; evil thrives in the most hidden of places.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2013, 10:49:27 pm »

Strike a heroic pose.
"I am... uh, the, um, The Waveform!  I am here to fight crime and evil and villainy!"
The newly christened Waveform coughs somewhat awkwardly.
"And, er, who are you?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »

...using my new underground maps... ...Once under lexcorp...
Unfortunately, you bump into a painting on the wall,
What the fuck have these money grubbing murder monkeys done to my corporation?
It made more sense than a fragile vase, no?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2013, 11:03:07 pm »

sprint toward the nearest area i can access my files from and download them.
Grab every bit of miltec that is not nailed down.
also set a highly volatile piece of machinery to overload and/or start a fire.
Leave via the tunnels again.

If cornered by guards at any stage, surrender then go full demon when they go to restrain me and beat them senseless. Continue with the plan afterwards

((they both make no sense, i was meant to stay underground :P))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:33:59 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2013, 11:04:22 pm »

All tunnels must reach the surface somewhere. And, you did roll a 1...
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:08 pm »

((My initial plan was to hit the dead end and then go full demon and smash my way through the wall or roof of the sewer tunnel or whatever i was in and then tap into the sub-basements data cables, and technically i rolled a 3 :P.

That said, whats done is done and the mental image of a wannabe super villain knocking over a priceless painting in a sewer gave me a laugh.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:03 pm »

You were already in the facility by the time you hit the facility. Which is also why there's a security guard coming your way. Or maybe more.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12:36 pm »

so wait? am i in the top secret R&D department already or am i in the lobby like i thought i was?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45