Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54631 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2013, 11:07:48 pm »

Uh oh.
Wake up, fast.  Try to take stock of my surroundings without giving away that I'm awake.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2013, 11:09:40 pm »

"Well, this was a disappointment!"

Activate BACKSTAB GUARD KILL! If I succeed, let myself out.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2013, 11:17:29 pm »

Go to the place where the cops last saw the demon guy. Might be able to get some clues to where he's at.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2013, 11:28:11 pm »

"Hey, big guy, I didn't call you a monster. I just called ya an evil doer.
I've never really been particularly good at keeping all these villains and heroes straight, y'know?

Seriously though, would you please give an up-and-comer a bit of a break?

I meant nothing by any of this. Just a bit of confusion on my part, and a fully reasonable misunderstanding on your's..."

Finn smiles in a smooth and practiced manner he'd used many a time to calm his old agent, when a gig went south.

ONWARDS, TO DIPLOMACY
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:09 am »

"Oh my, is it six o' clock already? Haven't been out so late in ages!"

Go back to old folks' home, chat up fellow retirees about superheroes, both current and older ones. Then go to bed at eight.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2013, 03:34:12 am »

Action: Lie low for a while, going to my job, listening for rumors and slowly training my power use.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42:07 am »

Use my newly bought police scanner to more effectively locate crime in the area, then head over there to (attempt to) deal with it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2013, 06:40:41 am »

And that's supposed to be better?
Also, minor oopsie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2013, 07:16:45 am »

And that's supposed to be better?
Also, minor oopsie.
Well, yeah. I mean, monsters are horrific beasties. Evil doers do evil deeds. QED, Mr. Golden-Dragon-Man.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2013, 08:52:25 am »

Irving was most disturbed with what he saw. These things... They... They see things... Like that? No cameras, themselves as police, everything looking so... Normal? The man didn't know what to think of that, and the thoughts that came up moments after weren't pretty. Were these things... People once? He had... He had never thought of that, in all his years, to think that the Cronies might of been regular people once, people who didn't see anything weird like he did. And they still think they are people, even though their form most certainly paints them as not. Irving verged between rage and depression at the discovery, knowing that they're too far gone to help yet still aware but unable to do things about it. Its horrifying.

Do they still know what is going on, or some warped perspective of it? Some utopian world where there is no malevolent being lording over all, but as to how they ever got in that position unknown? Irving tries to push such thoughts away for now, he needed to focus, yes. He's found one that seems to have some kind of implanted memory perhaps, some underlying orders to its original. Irving needed to figure out who implanted this memory and why, he'll deal with it himself later, for now he needed information. Irving continued to probe its mind, the one with the sleeper activation, attempt to divine when it was implanted or perhaps by who. Or what.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2013, 09:55:40 pm »

Twinkle twinkle little star,
Im gonna steal you from afar.
Up above the world so high,
The things from you i shall buy.

-supervillian nursery rhyme and shameless bump.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »

I was half or two-thirds done with the turn when you posted this.

Pull all the money out of my bank account. Then get a mask and trench coat. Leave the city.
[6] Everything goes as planned. Nothing goes awry.

((...I hate illinois nazis!))
Try to get home and alter burqa in abovedescribed manner.
[6] On one hand, it should allow a lot more freedom of movement.
On the other hand, it actually reveals your ankles, hands, and a few inches of your forearms.

hack the security then disable and lock down the sprinklers.
Regardless of success grab all the experimental tech not nailed down and leave the way i came setting fires as i go.
Tranform back to normal and stash all my crap in my hotel room, check what prebuilt tech i stole.
[3] You manage to disable the sprinklers, save for a trickle of water which still inhibits proper immolation of much of anything. You grab [5] a large crate of experimental stuff and head out, [5+1] encountering nothing whatsoever in the way. When he gets back to his hotel room, he discovers that he has [4,4,4][New die time!] a gun that seems to fire bolts of electricity with taser-like effects, a suit made of what seems to be a mixture of steel thread and synthetic spider silk (complete with nigh-indestructible tie!), and an amethyst that seems to absorb nearby magic, unless kept in a rune-engraved lead box. (It makes you feel a bit off when it's out of its box...)

Uh oh.
Wake up, fast.  Try to take stock of my surroundings without giving away that I'm awake.
[6] You wake up. "Oops." The guy hits you on the head, harder. That can't be good...you black out again.

"Well, this was a disappointment!"

Activate BACKSTAB GUARD KILL! If I succeed, let myself out.
[6] You have a dead guard! Congratulations, you now have murder on your record!
You take his keys and [3] make it into the hall before guards notice you.

Go to the place where the cops last saw the demon guy. Might be able to get some clues to where he's at.
[1] You are staring at what appears to be Wrigley Field. You think their directions might have been off.
((Because one Blues Brothers reference isn't enough for this game, evidently.))

I've never really been particularly good at keeping all these villains and heroes straight, y'know?

Seriously though, would you please give an up-and-comer a bit of a break?

I meant nothing by any of this. Just a bit of confusion on my part, and a fully reasonable misunderstanding on your's..."

Finn smiles in a smooth and practiced manner he'd used many a time to calm his old agent, when a gig went south.

ONWARDS, TO DIPLOMACY

[3] Well, you won't get arrested or beaten up.

"Oh my, is it six o' clock already? Haven't been out so late in ages!"

Go back to old folks' home, chat up fellow retirees about superheroes, both current and older ones. Then go to bed at eight.
[4] You get some useful data (assume that anything at least "some" people know, you know) and prepare for bed.

Action: Lie low for a while, going to my job, listening for rumors and slowly training my power use.
[4] You do so. Telekinesis helps with the job (netting you some extra tips), and you discover that you can summon up specific dead people (the more recently dead the better) and chat with them. Not that it's interesting.

Use my newly bought police scanner to more effectively locate crime in the area, then head over there to (attempt to) deal with it.
[4+1] You discover a major villain attacking a shopping center for unknown reasons. The police reports that the villain appears to have flight and some kind of invulnerability, as well as some henchmen. Will you respond?

-snip-
Irving needed to figure out who implanted this memory and why, he'll deal with it himself later, for now he needed information. Irving continued to probe its mind, the one with the sleeper activation, attempt to divine when it was implanted or perhaps by who. Or what.
[5] What? It seems that you can find no trace of the implanted memory. Either the sleeper's purpose was done and it returned the mind to normal; the programming detected the intrusion and self-destructed; or the programming is very elusive...

Dusk has come. Night is falling.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »

hehe oops...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2013, 10:26:18 pm »

hehe oops...
It's okay.
Now, what shall Mick do?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2013, 10:26:54 pm »

Begin my journey to Florida.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45