Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192000 times)

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2013, 01:06:29 pm »

The frost giant sieges you had were normal attacks, nothing to do with the expedition system. Like I said, it currently does not produce the boulders that trigger the script for it.
Not in 3c
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:10:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:FORCE_SIEGE_FROST_GIANT]Is still there in this version. Besides before this I've not had an above ground siege in years. To have 4 simultaneous sieges, after raiding them, is not a coincidence, nor the ambush siege(s) that came after, or the siege after that.

Um... does this mean I'm going to get 200 sieges?  :o I better make more ammo.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Urist McShammanbelal: "A kobold has stolen a no-statue!"
Other Dwarves: "Go home Polyphemus, you're drunk."
(Not actually from fortress mode. I found it in a castle's cellar in adventure mode).
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2013, 08:10:29 pm »

Decided it might be fun to have a kobold camp embark on an elf fortress and it's sort of awesome. If I wrote a story about a tribe of Kobolds tunneling into an elven retreat in the dead of night, taking out the soldiers, and then capturing the family of nobles as prisoners would anyone read it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2013, 11:14:04 pm »

I am sure most people would read anything you write.  :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2013, 11:28:10 pm »

Your praise drives me! I'll run the camp to it's logical conclusion (making notes of all the interesting tidbits) and decide what format best fits the narrative I create out of it. I think the third person limited perspective I used in Dumplin is fairly easy to do but first person journals from the prisoners might feel more intimate.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2013, 11:33:12 pm »

Don't you dare to start a new story before you finish Dumplin. I want to know how it ends. :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2013, 11:35:49 pm »

Don't you dare to start a new story before you finish Dumplin. I want to know how it ends. :P
No need to worry, I have Dumplin totally plotted out and now that I'm managing my updates I keep a few pages of buffer just in case I get behind.

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2013, 12:38:42 pm »

Hi guys   whats everyone use for trading other than the normal rock wood ect crafts ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2013, 12:53:09 pm »

Have a look at the value of javelin ammo.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2013, 01:18:00 pm »

Slings bullets. Just set up a batch kiln, gather some Flay and fuel. Bonus points for stoneware. Or, prepared meals. There's a reason every thief targets them.

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2013, 06:41:13 am »

Well some warlocks appear to have turned half the fort into rotting dwarfs everyone has become a surgeon to help out  :o

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:27 am »

I just used changemode to change my fortress to an adventurer, done it a few times before with weird responses.

This time i got lucky.

Shame i didn't get one of the guys with a named weapon, but an adamantine short sword will do i'm sure. Plus fully geared out in steel :D

Rofl, in my options of people to talk to it had "Uzol - Deity", sadly, speaking to him caused the game to crash, hilarious all the same.

Loaded it back up, wandered around in my fort, in my "animal room" this happened.

(note, the other announcements were from fortress modes, this was my first adventurer announcement).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:52:54 am by Bigheaded »
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2013, 07:50:40 am »

Too bad you can't dodge (some) spells. A warlock commander (deathmancer or whatever) had been chasing my adventurer, throwing rotting and power absorption spells at me at the same time. He must've had really a lot of strenght in his lungs.
Anyway, a raptors group has just been wandering near my kobold camp, one getting enraged at nothing and then leaving. They passed by many Cave Beetles, but the two races never attacked eachother. I wonder why, shouldn't raptor hunt animals for food? Are they perphaps just bloodthirsty maniacs, with a distaste for ichor? I once saw an herd of xen and a dragon raptor engaging crocodiles (as an adventurer) and tearing to pieces an hippo, the best thing is that the crocodiles killed all the xen and the fight ended with the dragon raptor choking the last croc to death. Well done team nature. :)
Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are you freaking serious, man, get back to the fight!

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:43 am »

Hi guys   whats everyone use for trading other than the normal rock wood ect crafts ?

Maybe not the best thread for this; copied over to Gameplay for response.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2013, 08:33:04 am »

First migration wave. Three kobolds, no pets, I start checking them with therapist from last to first. A novice engraver, a proficient stonecrafter, and an HIGH MASTER OVEN OPERATOR. That would mean clay items of the highest quality as soon as I would've got my batch kiln. Then I receive some reports and... apparently the raptors came back after the migrants and the oven operator just went down.
EDIT: The war ogre is finally doing his job actually fighting them! Wow! Wait, why are you backing up? GET BACK TO FIGHTING!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:36:26 am by Apani »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 113