Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 191951 times)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »

Aye, its usually easier to warpstone your miners looking for gold to make them masons to make them immune to warpstone e.t.c
And Ive shut quite a few forts where when mining out a section of sediment for workshops both miners die to coaldust.

On the other hand, Im playing Orc Fortress right now, ransoming an Elven Captive netted me some gold, platinum and a statue a Mithril Statue of my clanleader... Surrounded by Creyfishmen... He detests crayfish...
From this point forward all raiding parties are directed to elven lands and I like to think my Orcs took the random and killed the prisoner anyway.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2013, 08:04:50 pm »

Warp stone is bad very bad  hate losing miners never get any new ones looks like training time!

Get them to join the mason's guild.

Main problem with that the fort is only a year old not even thought about guildhall yet never mind plenty of volunteers  :P

I played without harder mining for a bit, then turned it back on and embarked with enough raw materials to make and enlist dwarves in the guild.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:35 pm »

I might put the warpstone/coaldust immunization to the apothecary or special objects in future. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just... why? I've just embarked and one my military candidates is already disabled. And they are supposed to be "very friendly" and "relatives of kobolds". Descendants of Bronze statues, that's who they are.
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2013, 04:27:05 pm »

Started a new fort, with that name leading the fort I predict a great success.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2013, 04:50:35 pm »

New fort yet again, this time my digger/head badgersign kobold dies by a cave-in. She died digging a moat and flattening the landscape, carving ramps under a 1 Z-level hill to remove it :-\ Losing the only guy with any social/political skills whatsoever, I quickly appoint draft another digger and keep on working. I order a casket to be made, dig a hole in the ground where we found the body, and bury her in the casket. Then, to add further injury, a swarm of giant hornets flies by, and later I found the digger's rotten corpse on the refuse stockpile, and the casket gone. Thinking about it now, perphaps she dug under a tree. :-\

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2013, 05:54:47 pm »

Started a new fort, with that name leading the fort I predict a great success !FUN!.
There I fixed it.

My fort has been trucking along reasonably well... that is until a massive double ambush of Goblins riding giant roaches came with the human caravan. Not a single ambush worth mentioning then WHAM. Just a little unexpected I guess. Had to scum because the entire population of fortress children decided to be in the entryway during the fight for no apparent reason. THAT burrow is getting changed now. :)

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2013, 06:15:33 pm »

My pink fortress has friendly bone golems popping out of the snow like daisies and I dont know why.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:17:36 pm by Snow Fenrir »
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »

Did a little light modding to make a farming village more fun. Modded in or editted a few more familiar edible, brewable, extract/flour/sugar producing, and made a few trader reactions. Knifty little setup going.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2013, 12:10:02 am »

First Kobold embark... I picked a cave next to a river, frozen at the start but I start digging a hole nearby between river and cave.   Quickly surrounded by 30 some Niths all goin for my wagon supplies. Jack rats, 2 honey badgers, and drow spider at least keeping them at bay while I dig. I picked the mostly hunter embark, but I made some changes so they had less ammo. A few Niths were taken out but otherwise they would just run away from the ammolesss bolds. The spider could web them and take them out slowly, but even she was getting slowly bested. This winter would still not thaw.

Eventually the kobolds decided to break this siege via a sally forth, one by one, to the bottom of the cave to get to the cavern water...  Drinks ran out too. Dozen or so nith killed but only I had 3 very injured remaining with few supplies when I determined I needed to find warmer grounds. 

Next camp name by random generation... "Winter Upheaval"
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2013, 12:46:29 am »

Bone golems everywhere! There are a few that are named after deceased named dwarves. Is this what happens when you leave a necro migrant unchecked? I have too much battle spam like to closely monitor the reports anyway. I also got one that is listed as "not tame" He doesn't have a name and profession like all the others but he was taken to the pasture all the same.

My !!studies!! have discovered bone golems make short work of goblin ambushes and even human sieges.
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2013, 02:19:47 am »

That goblin ambush was not two but three groups, the third riding giant boars. They obliterated the Human caravan but the Gnome caravan, and both the Human and Gnomish diplomats managed to get to safety somehow. One of the human traders went insane when the cart died, but oddly he packed up and left when the gnomes did. Glad I didn't have to murder him. I tried to save his caravan but there was a whole squad of 'aim-for-yer-necks' perched on the fortification which protects the caravan route. I've since blocked that little weakness so they can't sit on the wall and pick off friendlies. Also I built a floor over the formerly open top of the caravan route, so they're completely boxed in. They're still sceeerewed if a siege or ambush spawns inside the caravan road. The zig-zag path is trapped reasonably well (the caravan can wind between the traps but normal enemies should path through the traps instead.) I tossed a bunch of superior and masterwork serrated copper blades in those, just in case. Couldn't spare steel for now. :(  Sadly the human caravan was laden down with stupid stuff.

Had my army chase down and crush some pegasi that wandered through, that was funny.

I dumped a crate full of war drakes and their babies into the caverns to explore.  They did a reasonable amount of exploration but a giant drowspider popped and munched on the adults, then chased down the babies. One of the babies managed to crack its chitin and bruise its brain, but then they got their heads bit off as well and the stupid bug pathed off the map. -.- Glad I didn't send dorfs down there yet. I'm scawed.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2013, 02:46:49 am »

Ummm, anybody got ideas for defending an above ground settlement from buzzards? They peck 'bolds to death. ::)
EDIT:
Figured that out.
Pictured are Bolabolds and buzzards corpses. Strangely I can't butcher them. Is that because they're coated with blinding sand?
EDITEDIT:
Giant Hornets have stricken back. They got into my inn throught the roof, assaulting a fisherbold in his room, and a digger in the hallway. The fisherbold's pet defended his owner at the price of his own life (you can see the log, that's right, a drake got murdered by a fucking Beedrill), while the digger fought back the way she could with the copper shovel, losing her nose and getting heavy injuries. Now she's bleeding (probably to death) in her bedroom. My 4 bola throwers injured them enough to repell them, but we killed no one.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:49:56 am by Apani »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2013, 06:59:18 am »

So i experimented with the EmbarkEveryere utility and decided to try to embark on a fort of my own civ and race. The strange thing was that they were hostile to me! So my first group got slaughtered and i re embarked with a military group on a gnome fort. We killed them one by one... And so the fort was mine! Anyway i abandoned this group and embarked with my actual group (farmers, miners etc...) and know i got a hole freaking fort all to my self! I closed of the main entrance and made a ,part underground, trap corridor as my entrance. So far i managed to get some steeloak from the caravans and start my eco freindly steel industry so i got 4 steel armed and armored dawrfs ready for anything! Not that i need them, i start i lockdown on my fort (aka raise the drawbridge) at the meare hint of an atack... now that i think about it actualy im a bit of a coward. Mhe i did have a necro ambusy but with my fort in lockdown all they were good for was been target practice for my markdwarfs.
Well i wana see when i will finaly have !FUN! join Armok in the great forge in the sk-ground!

See ya all next time!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:01:29 am by Jaso11111 »

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2013, 08:03:50 am »

It's the second thief that enters my camp. Somehow, she snuck past the ogres and the drakes pastured at the entrances and got spotted by a kobold who was carrying his meal to the dining hall (why would she ever go to the dining hall, there's nothing stored in or past there). So, she falls back chased by my bola-talibans and bumps into the warbeasts at the entrance. A drake engages her, and this just freaking >:( happens.
Is it normal? I already had an ogre killed by a Kobold spearman in an ambush, and it's rather pathetical for them/heroic for the (enemy) kobolds.
On the center of the pic: A moody bola taliban. Demands rocks. We're fucked.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 113