Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33268 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2013, 12:01:04 am »

[Kyle]:

The man went silent a moment, obviously on another channel, then switched back.

FD: (distracted) "Fuckin... they're on their way."
FD: (quiet/honest) "Can I be straight up with you, one soldier to another?"
FD: (that voice you get gossiping about your work) "As of this moment, you guys are technically prisoners. I know you're from Earth, we all know you're from fuckin' Earth. But Security. Better bases than this have been infiltrated by race traitors pretending to be double agents. Y'all keep your weapons and armor on, we just need to have our computers talk and shit like that."

You would actually see him shrug in his armor, and the sigh would be audible too.

FD: "Sorry. Fuckin' pain in the ass. If it helps, they made me do it too."

[You would have knowledge of the authentication process. And yes, this older fellow in the Heavy Armor is indeed a former Marine.]

[Party]: The tacmap would update again, then upload tags for "active mine" directly onto the HUD, allowing for easy avoidance of the traps by simply not stepping near them in the first place.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03:50 am »

"It's cool man."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:52 am »

I have to be perfectly honest, i wasn't expecting friendlies at all on this planet. Hope they have atmosphere in there. As much as i like my Armour's pilot cooling systems, nothing beats a good stretch unarmoured.

Aria happily follows the party into the friendly base.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2013, 09:50:52 am »

Walk into the base being careful not to point any of my very big guns at the humans, unless they point one at me first, talk with the dreadnought armored person one heave to another and see if he'd like to join me in blowing shit up, blowing shit up and then blowing more shit up.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2013, 03:54:02 pm »

Marcus sighs. "Should've figured. By the way, I'm Captain Marcus Heaks of the Seventh Regular Drop Company. Our drop-ship got shot down, as you could probably guess. I'm fairly certain that of the 184 guys under my command, these are the only ones left." He shrugs. "I hope you guys have running water. It's a bitch to shower out in the desert." Marcus avoids the mines and heads towards the base.

[RP Note: The Seventh Regular Drop Company is famous for getting itself into and out of terrible situations, and their members have earned the nickname 'Devil's Messengers' from the other Drop Companies for this. Marcus Heaks is the Captain primarily because fourteen years ago, he was the lone surviving member of the company, after their craft was shot down by insurgents and they had to fight their way tooth and nail, to the evac site.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 09, 2013, 02:19:37 pm »

I wonder if they have any good intel on the Xeno's....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:04:46 pm by kahn1234 »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2013, 03:57:44 pm »

[Squad]: Before much longer, the squad was out of the armor and stinksuits, breathing recycled air and enjoying the finest of luxuries: hot, running water and indoor plumbing. They'd have the run of the facility, and plenty of time to gossip.

[Alexis]: FD is seated next to you in the mess hall, and seems happy enough to see you.

[Richard]: "The Boss" has requested your presence in the improvised medbay, and offered you a 500 RAW credit at the base inventory in exchange for your time.

[Kyle]: "The Boss" has asked you to go over the security systems to keep them up-to-date. You are offered 500 RAW credit at the base inventory in exchange for your time.

[Mark]: "The Boss" has you in her office, ready to discuss things of importance.

TB: "Sorry about the delay."
TB: "We had to offer your underlings work. And now, we have things to discuss. You want maps, info, and supplies. We want to upgrade from the first-edition suits. Don't worry, we'll help you regardless of your choice."
TB: "But, if you sell some Assault armor at the inventory, we'll replicate it for you, and give your whole squad a 2000-credit chit for the inventory station on top of the supplies. Otherwise, you get the maps, supplies, and you get out tomorrow."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:45 pm »

Kyle goes off to help with the security systems.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2013, 04:15:44 pm »

Convince him to join us and ask him how many more heavies are in the base.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2013, 04:17:39 pm »

"From the sounds of it, you don't want us here. I'm more than willing to let you rep' my armor, but I have to ask why you want us gone." He leans back in the chair, stroking his jaw, where he'd recently shaved. "And what supplies are we talking about? We've got the equipment to make most of what we need, save more armor suits, and most of it can be made using raw materials."

[ALEX! BAD! NO SUBSTITUTING ACTIONS FOR ROLEPLAY!]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2013, 04:24:08 pm »

[Alexis]:

FD: "Join you? I might. And there's about six other people qualified with heavy weapons."
FD: "I like getting paid. And you lot probably aren't gonna get paid. But Goodall do I hate sitting here, doing nothing, waiting for the Kai to slaughter us all. Fuckin... alright, I'm in."
FD: "Nobody else is likely to join you. Maybe some of my friends, if I ask nice. Jon, maybe. Us old vets are itching for fuckin action."

[Mark]:

TB: "It's not as though you particularly want to stay, is it?"

She stared at him, an eyebrow raised.

TB: "But to be honest, I think it's safer for everyone. You guys, so the less... disciplined members don't get rid of you and claim your armor. Us, because if you think you can use this as a base and draw Kai attention to us, you've got another thought coming."
TB: "Supplies? Food, water, ammo, toilet paper. Some alcohol, and some packs of smoke. And a few melee weapons from inventory. Oh yeah, and some nodes and wheels to help with that cart of yours."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2013, 04:43:47 pm »

The Shower had done Wonders to the Dr.'s Mood, and on his way to the med-bay he shared that information freely. Mostly by humming part of an Opera, but it might also have been visible in his somewhat bouncing gait. That he now could do something that was within his expertise - nebst being unarguably the most academic person on the team - also was quite the boost to his own morale, and this fact would obviously be jotted down later.

Having the Orbital Stitcher Set at the ready, he would enter his temporary kingdom with a cheerful
"Well then, what seems to be the problem?", before adjusting any measures that would be within his expertise.

While aesthetic surgery was not really his forte, he certainly could try to make any combat-sustained wounds look bearable. At least if compared to the initial state. Actually, a few missions prior he and some other Doctors had a little contest about tha.. Anyways, he would try to please - within reasons and his expertise. If possible he would also prefer to use the local supplies, instead of his own limited ones.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2013, 04:49:06 pm »

Marcus chuckled at the mention of undisciplined members. "Yeah, that might be bad...I wasn't hoping we could just use you as a base, but we just spent two days marching here. It'd be nice to just hang around a couple days, get our bearings, 'fore we head out to the holdfasts and see what we can find there. Plus, if we use our own raw materials, is there a large enough Invo station to make a vehicle? It'd be nice to drive there, and it would let us have a getaway vehicle if things go south." He sucks his teeth for a few seconds, then leans forward thoughtfully. "You know, we got some extra stuff too, like a suit of Scout armor. If we give you that, what'd you be willin' to trade?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

[Mark]:

TB: "No vehicle station here, sorry. I think that old depot might have one, though it mostly did gravcycles and scoutcraft."
TB: "We'd be glad to take it off your hands. The reason we wanted an Assault armor for inventory was to upgrade all of us. Heavy armor isn't too hard to implement when you have a medium armor base. Light armor... well, we can find a use for it, but it will do nowhere near as much good as upgrading our entire armor supply."
TB: "How about double the cost in RAW? Sound fair?"

[To make it clear, she is asking to buy any suit of Gen 9 assault armor. The design will be uploaded into the Inventory, so you can sell it and buy it right back after the design is implemented. The reason she is less concerned with the light armor is because rigging a medium armor to a heavy is less difficult than light to medium to heavy. Especially Scout Armor.]
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38