Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33270 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »

[Oh, he's wanting to give her both of them, but buy back the assault armor. That's what I meant.]

Marcus smiles. "Yeah, that sounds fair. Your weapons up to date? GA came out with the 36 a couple months back."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2013, 05:19:04 pm »

[Mark]:

"Not as near as yours, then. We've got 34's. It'd be greatly appreciated."

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2013, 05:34:37 pm »

"By all means bring along your buddies, you all got jug or dread armor right, and heavy weapons with plenty of ammo? Gonna be a little hard for you all to keep up with me if you keep getting limbs blown off in that tiny stuff those other idiots call armor and hey, if we survive I'll make sure you get paid for your work and might even be able to swing you all jobs with my boss.

Jobs that include state of the art armor and big guns, now who doesn't love big guns?

Recruit him and all his heavy friends.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2013, 05:45:07 pm »

[Alexis]:

FD: "Let me think. Dread for me. Probably going to be that MKMARS type The Boss and your Captain are negotiating on. Jon is a juggie, and Al is too. The other guys are all dreads."

FD, who was an older man, still bearing marine tattoos,a buzz cut, and who looked none the weaker for his age, grinned.

FD: "We'll all cash out our RAW. With a few of us along, fuckin... you might be able to hit that depot. It's garrisoned, but nowhere near as much as the factory."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2013, 05:47:14 pm »

"Yeah, we got some extras from the crash. Shouldn't be hard to make more of them, if we have to. So, what intel you got about the area? I know the general locations of things, but where are the Kai around? What capabilities do they have? I got briefed about them, but I barely even know what they look like."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »

"Sounds good to me, how much raw we talking? I got an ammo maker with me so I can get us all set for a few fights or one hell of an assault then we use the wreckage for more. Any of you guy's got any special kit for your suits like extra shielding or power?

How many of you are we talking total in dreads and what weaponry they carrying? Big guns is best, preferably a combination of auto cannons and RPG's.
3 Jugs including me is one hell of a front line for an attack on it's own but with a big group of dreads backing us up?. We'll hit that depot so hard the xeno scum will swear that the almighty himself came down on them.

Oh, do you have any more sets of heavy armor other then that belonging to you and your mates? Or the facilities to make more if you have the specs?

(( Do I know how to build heavy armor or upgrade medium armor into heavy? 7 heavies with me is all well and good, 17 heavies with me is much better if I can upgrade a few insane friends who want to come die with me, oh and can I modify dread into jug armor? It's already have so I figure it should be possible to just add the missing components.

Dreads are good but I really just want the massive overwhelming fire power of a solid line of jugs for now until I have a solid jug core, then I'll find new recruits for the dread unit, gotta remember to get these vets to train me to use heavy weapons as well.  ))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:53:55 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2013, 11:26:25 am »

Aria thought that her skills are best served giving the teams equipment a good going over, making sure it is all up to scratch as well as seeing if she can help the people who were living here to begin with by checking their equipment and helping update their technology unless told otherwise.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2013, 04:22:43 am »

((Still in, just posting so that I won't forget to do it later))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2013, 02:09:05 pm »

[Alexis]:

FD: "Enough to buy supplies. Pretty much."

FD: "Aside from me, you might get another two. I use energy and ammo. Turbolaser, stinger, and mortar. Oh, and a fluxgun. The other guys... eh. To be honest, they're civvies. So you'll see them with repair, the plasma torch, vulcan, handcannon, and Wallopers. Mostly, they build things."

[You can attempt to do so. It might end up being medium armor with plates added onto it, but that does add durability.]

[Mark]:

TB: "Everywhere."
TB: "Well, not everywhere everywhere. Just... there's units all over. And... well. There's a few kinds. Workers, scouts, soldiers, hunters, tanks, and queens. And the Big Mamas, which... might be the real queens. And they look like big-ass wasps. Red, ugly sons of bitches, once you see them out of armor. In it... well, big-ass wasps in powered armor. And their drones. You've seen them."
TB: "And we think they have a hive mind. Best bet is to hit hard and fuck off before reinforcements come. What a soldier knows, the queens know. And when they know something is going down, they bring the power."

[Aria]: Working with Robert, you upgrade the targeting systems of the armor over the two days in the pirate base.

[Richard]: Whoever was the medic before you seemed almost competent, in the sense that hygiene existed and he knew how to use the tools, but in a very crude sense. You break and reset assorted bones, remove shrapnel from various folk, and treat a variety of wounds.

[Kyle]: You scour the system for backdoors and errors, finding only a few. After having explored the system, you integrate a handful of security measures, and streamline the sensor suite for maximum detection. This being done, you oversee the purchase of the Assault Armor and ensure that it uploads properly.

[Robert]: As the Quartermaster, and a replicator expert at that, it is agreed that you should perform the needed purchases.

5950 RAW available. Prices are original cost, meaning you get the 10% discount.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:29:11 pm by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2013, 02:30:35 pm »

" Gather up your guys in full kit and get your own, turn in your raw and I'll get to work on getting supplies then you can run some heavy weapon drills, we better get them into shape and they know you. "

Perform a full inspection and inventory check. Gather all the Raw. Have the veteran train us all in heavy weapons to level 1

(( In effect, I want a full list of how many of what armors, guns, packs and ammo they all have. ))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:43:01 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »

((Ok, this might take a while to sort through.))

So captain, got any plans? I mean, with the amount of stuff here, we might be able to build our own tank.

Spoiler: Question (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:22:27 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »

I'd go for C.

For the time being we need to avoid attention and a portable base or a tank stands out a little.
Now it never would.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »

(( Sadly, this is not a democracy, so you don't get to vote.  8) ))

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:22 pm »

(( Just as sadly my force outnumbers your force and has bigger guns :P. Btw, do I need anything other then raw to upgrade the NPC jug and dread armor to the newest model like mine? Can't have them going to war in antiques. And how much raw would I need to build a quad auto cannon rather then buying it? ))
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

[The Fluxgun hits the target with an emission of electromagnetic energy. A microcomputer in the weapon analyzes the feedback from the initial burst and shifts the next discharge to a resonating frequency. This process takes only milliseconds and is ongoing. Against a shielded target, the effect apes the use of sound to shatter a glass. The target's shields will falter, then fail. Against armor, the resonance effect not only knocks down shields, but causes an energy drain that renders energy-dependent weaponry/systems useless. It has a very short range, all the aim of a blind bull in a china shop, and does not cause immediate damage to an armored and shielded target. The sensation of being hit by a fluxgun has been described as "like putting a battery to your tongue, but with your whole body being one big tongue." Painful but not excruciating, the Flux can produce fatal results if directed at a person long enough, generally around eight to twelve seconds.

The Command Laptop is basically an upgraded command circuit. It lets direct interface with turrets, vehicles, armor, etc. With a proper program, a Command Laptop could function as a dummy system for a suit.

Mobile Inventory is a straight-up Inventory Station. It's big and bulky, and needs to be paired with a power system to steadily accumulate RAW. As in, more than an Energy Pack can provide. A Portable Invo is basically half an Inventory Station. It can't take input, but it does have a good set of prefabs in it. It has a limited amount of RAW and regains it VERY slowly. Ammo Station is basically an upgrade to the Ammo Maker.

Prices? Well, from highest to lowest, the cost is Ammo Maker -> Portable Invo -> Mobile Invo -> Dedicated Invo -> Portable Ammo

You can try to do so. It's easier at a Vehicle Station, which is indeed at the Depot.

Those are base prices, before the discount.

You can sell your armor, let the Invo upgrade its stocks, and then buy it back.

Building it is a LOT more expensive than buying it.]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38