Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33288 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »

[Wait! We need to plan this carefully.]

Marcus signals for Kyle not to try anything yet. He turns on the comm quickly; "Kyle, get a look at the location of everything so we can coordinate our assault. Then see if you can spy on them for a while, figure out if they're friendly. Once you figure it out, or if you can't, get back here without attracting attention."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2013, 05:57:18 pm »

(( Can my suits auto loader hold more then 1 reload for weapons? Or is 1 reload the maximum? ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2013, 07:25:30 pm »

[For the time being, yes.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »

(( Darn, hmm I need to upgrade that to allow me to carry more ammo. Well I have nothing more productive to do for the time being so.))

Work out a way to increase my armours auto loading capability, then put it into effect.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2013, 09:16:18 pm »

It is one of those rare chances where Dr. Miller has no interesting input for a specific situation - however un/helpful that input in general is, might be gauged by his previous ideas. Even the wisdom of a man of medicine has its limits, astonishing as this fact may be.

He will however, ready his gun and make sure the flash-grenades are easily deployed. Adhering to the commonly reached decision, he will partake in any in- or action the team undertakes. Sure enough, he will not step out to form the first line of aussault, but maybe the second... or third. He will also internally ponder if his carreer-choice really was as smart as he always claimed himself to be..

"Richard, Join the army, they said."
"Richard, Good money to be made, they said."
"Richard, Practically N~o Risk is involved, they said...."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:58 am »

Aria readies her weapons, so she can partake in any future assault. Should the Captain ((OOC: The current leader is a Captain, right?)) give the order, Aria decides she will take part in the first wave of the assault.

I really hope this doesn't go tits up. Was this really the right place to come?

Wondering to herself, she idle's around, waiting for orders. Seeing Alexis trying to fiddle with her armour's autoloader, Aria offers a hand.

Need any help, Alexis? I'm really good at modifying things. Aria smiles. Offer to help Alexis. If offer is accepted, help her.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:05 am »

Sure, it could be helpful to have 2 of us working on it.
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2013, 09:43:59 pm »

[Aria and Alexis]: After taking a few moments to contemplate the armor design, you successfully improvise a quick system to link all of the currently held autocannon ammo into one steady feed.

[Kyle]: You scan the armor chat channels, and after noting one is encrypted, you settle into a comfortable position and work on breaking into the channel, listen-only. You find it laughably easy - you could have written a better firewall than the one they were using in a few hours before you even joined the military, and listen in.

Chat log

() indicates tone.

Assault: (petulant) "Why are we even standing guard?"

Dreadnaught: (I've-explained-this-already) "You saw the fuckin' assault ships crashing. Bound to attract Kai attention. God damn bugs."

A: (still bitching) "But our jammers work. The drones have flown right overhead and missed us. Else we'd be missile bait weeks ago."

D: (losing patience) "They fuckin' work for now."

A: (still bitching) "Always a pessimist. Jesus."

D: (is this guy fuckin' with me, seriously?) "Look, one came down not far from here. They're gonna be combing the area tight until they're sure there's no fuckin' survivors."

A: (curious, still bitchy) "And what if there are?"

D: (1000% done) "We'll cross that fuckin' bridge when we come to it."

A: (self-righteuous) "You know the Administration never got along with us freelancers."

D: (1000% done) "Soldiers ain't the fuckin' Administration."

A: (mocking) "Like you know. You retired a long time ago."

D: (10000% done) "Soldiers are fuckin' soldiers. They come here, we give 'em food, see if anyone wants to follow 'em, and get them the fuck outta here before they draw attention to us. I've got half a mind to go patrollin' for 'em next sweep."

A: (incredulous) "You think some survived that? And the missile blasting? And what would the boss say?"

D: (10000% done) "Soldiers are fuckin' soldiers. Ten creds says there's a handful of survivors. And the boss agrees with me."

A: (confident) "You're on."

End chat log.

[Squad]: The voice log is played back to the team. After a few moments, the tacmap updates with "BitchAssault" and "FuckinDreadnaught" in their respective positions.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2013, 09:46:45 pm »

Kyle walks up behind the watch party.
"Sup. I'm Kyle and I am apparently dead."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2013, 10:51:57 pm »

Marcus lets out a breath he hadn't known he was holding. "Guess that means we're friendly. Thank god. Let's go say hello, shall we?" He switches on the comm again. "Hey Kyle, try and introduce yourself without making it seem like you were sneaking up on them. Let them know we're coming." The captain starts walking towards the factory, waving for the others to follow.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »

[Kyle]: The person designated as BitchAssault turns on you, weapon raised. After raising your hands and triggering a macro to pop open the faceplate, you grin at him. FuckinDreadnaught orders BA to stand down.

FD: "Put the damn rifle down, kid. What did I just tell you? Soldiers are fuckin soldiers. Now... Kyle. A few questions. Are there more survivors? Who's in charge? And what in fuck's name took you guys so long!?"

Obviously, he wasn't very thrilled.

[Squad]: For a moment, the jamming broke, and your armor would light up like the 4th of July. It'd be quickly replaced by the jamming. The people on the roof are mostly looking at you through optics, wave hello, and give slighty outdated hand signs indicating what channel to tune the comms to.

Upon doing so?

??: (enthusiastic) Welcome to Mars.
??: (slightly less enthusiastic) More specifically, welcome to the home of the Free Terran Company.
??: (happy and kinda formal) May I speak to your commanding officer on the way in?
??: (happy, but menacing) No sudden moves, please.

The rocket launchers and mortars had limbered up by now, aimed accordingly. Of course, nobody on the roof seemed hostile, as indicated by the waving and the whole "not pointing guns at you" thing.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2013, 11:29:39 pm »

"I'm sorry but we had to walk the entire way here among other things. There are more survivors and they should be coming from the opposite direction."
Kyle points the way he came around from.
"And I don't remember who the CO is. He probably got blown up when we crashed and subsequently was assaulted by rockets."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2013, 11:35:03 pm »

[Kyle]:

FD: "Not you, you. I mean, you the Marines. We sent messages to Earth. Well, we tried to. Years longer than we expected. Most of the resistance is dead."
FD: "But shit. That's the bug-standard technique, fuckin' rocket blasts. And if that doesn't work, you wake up to find the fuckin horizon full of the motherfuckers."
BA: "He's not joking. You guys should see the footage of the last holdfast they raided."
FD: "But okay, the CO got fragged. Chain of command goes somewhere. Sorry, but I have to ask. The Boss was clear."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »

"But yeah, my buddies should have been seen by now. Could you tell the guys up there that if they see some people heading this way that they're with me or something?"

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »

Dr. Miller had once again his finest hour as Mr. Charming, and was about to say "Ladies first", but then thought otherwise. He opts for a more subtle approach instead.

"Well, that looks promising. At least a bit more than wastelands or xeno-ships. Anything that you guys think we should take into account while approaching?"

He will most likely follow the others into the base, while trying to avoid any kind of mines and other traps. Mostly by following those that should know how to evade these kinda things. He will also use that time to think about a nice, long, hot shower. To that end, he might sooner or later inquire into the water-reserves of these survivors. Yeah, make that later. But a shower sounds very nice indeed.

(( Btw, how dare you, you colour-ninja. I was purple first.... I am somewhat sure. :P))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38