Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65

Author Topic: Undertale: Spoilers! Its whats for dinner!  (Read 152375 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Undertale: Its dangerous to go alone, take Spoilers
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2015, 09:25:22 pm »

Enough people went and said things about this game and how it has psyche elements, so I saw a couple of pertainent endings on youtubes.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:27:54 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2015, 09:43:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2015, 10:17:22 pm »

Enough people went and said things about this game and how it has psyche elements, so I saw a couple of pertainent endings on youtubes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2015, 10:53:33 pm »

Neat.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2015, 12:22:32 am »

The main character is not given a gender, as a note.

It's my headcanon that they have a really bad case of Schrodinger's Genitals, quantum observation effect and all.
Nothing important here, move along.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2015, 12:26:09 am »

Its clearly a she I thought?  I saw they kept it ambiguous, but based on the rest of the game I gradually got the firm impression its a female by cannon.

Well, I guess the peaceful ending cleared it up more than thought.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2015, 12:27:20 am »

You're supposed to name the fallen child after yourself, as a note. The main character is not given a gender because the main character is whatever you want them to be.

Yeah, they're called "they" through the whole game, you may notice. Mettaton just calls everyone "gorgeous".

I named them Putnam and still thought of them as a girl for most of the game, basically until something more personally relatable came up.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2015, 12:33:31 am »

I admit, I may have goofed when I named them Dongs, but on the other hand I absolutely did not.

But yeah, while they're definitely meant to be ambiguous, it's worth noting that the only articles of clothing picked up that are strongly gendered tend to the feminine - a tutu and a ribbon. On the other hand, that may be because the gendering of clothing tends to go one way these days (plenty of women's clothing, but not nearly as many articles that are thought of as inherently masculine), or it may be because the image of a dude in a tutu is supposed to be hilarious, depending on your personal degree of Liberal Progressiveness etc. And since they're just picked up off the ground, I'm surely overanalyzing, and maybe the Cowboy Hat gives them a run for their money.

woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2015, 12:35:34 am »

Manly Bandanna.
Nothing important here, move along.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2015, 12:37:39 am »

Ah! Right! I forgot! Thank you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2015, 01:23:30 am »

but the date with papyrus and the ballot shoes and the fact that the bandana was MANLY as opposed to 'biker's', 'extreme', 'macho', etc.

that gender embibment was made for a reaspn, and while yes the character is ambiguous and its clear the  designers werent excluded nonstraight options even the cooking scene w/undeath is one of platonic bonding.

it seems that, on a razor, it is female/neutral.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:25:27 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2015, 01:30:40 am »

but the date with papyrus

it seems a bit odd to assume papyrus is straight when the one drunk rabbit girl is the only unambiguously straight character in the game

and for that matter undyne the only unambiguously gay one??

huh, ain't that interesting

(the rabbit girl wants "h-h-h-hot guys" and Undyne mentions one area is "great for meeting girls")
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:34:18 am by Putnam »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2015, 01:35:58 am »

Don't forget the other date Frisk can go on with a lesbian. Anyway, canon or not, I choose to believe both Frisk and Chara are female. It makes the True Pacifist last boss's dialogue make more sense to me. That is, that Asriel had a crush on Chara and that's why '(Chara is) the only person that's fun to play with anymore'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2015, 01:38:37 am »

and alphys is unambiguously bisexual...

or maybe she just really likes people who can lift her up both literally and emotionally

also, about that reasoning for thinking of as female:
Spoiler: true pacifist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:43:45 am by Putnam »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2015, 01:42:09 am »

thats the word I wanted that I didnt know until just now!

Again, ambiguity of the game aside, examine the dino-scientist Aphlys..  The game suggests, no matter what else, that she is at the least bisexual, more likely pansexual.  Considering the crushes we know she has (from that quiz show) it once again hints at a female protagonist on a razor.

I cant remember the 4th choice, but it was Dont Know, undyne, and Player for the other three. :v

I cant remember specific male-male references, but I see several male/female, ambiguous, and female/female relationships.

Im not trying to violate the game now, but I see what I think is a pattern to the relationships in the game.

pedit: okay
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65