Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325067 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Invulnerability is probably a better plan than "security through obscurity." Especially since you can't hide from a determined spy: even if you go full paranoid and only give coords to members, there's nothing stopping anyone from joining the forums and spamming posts on the spam-post-threads to get past EL-rank so they don't look suspicious.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

also, just open faction list, see homebase location makes the hiding plan moot :P

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

Where's the information at which gives the coordinates for the base? Etc...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should we move to another galaxy?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The trouble is we can't build a bigass turret of doom, or anything else, because we're all broke and have little to no resources useful in the construction of weapons.

If we ditch the planet and find a station nearby, that would be preferable to our current situation, honestly. Even if we aren't landed on the surface, I can't wait until an admin finds out we made a stick off the planet and docked stuff to it directly.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:19:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The reason every server ever forbids landing things on planets is because of the physics going nuts and slowing the server down for everyone (which I thought was fixed months and months ago, but whatever), because constant collisions because gravity. You wouldn't have that if you're docked.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

I'm mostly for claiming a different system with a better spread of asteroid spawning belts because the asteroid types are determined by distance from the sun. We currently have one with a terrible assortment of the most common types of asteroids.

Would go to another galaxy. Hard for new players to get to but we could pick them up. If there is someone else there they would possibly not take kindly to the obvious arrival of newcomers.

I'm still for migration to;
-127 -9 -138, near the edge, 6 belts, one red planet, two sectors away from;
-127 -9 -154, near the edge, 5 belts

with proven rammet and sertise prospects.

The reason every server ever forbids landing things on planets is because of the physics going nuts and slowing the server down for everyone (which I thought was fixed months and months ago, but whatever), because constant collisions because gravity. You wouldn't have that if you're docked.

It is un-docking large craft from planets that causes the problem because you are touching what you dock to now, less-so if you extend the planet into a satellite but the gravity extends as well which can lead to accidents/problems.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is un-docking large craft from planets that causes the problem because you are touching what you dock to now, less-so if you extend the planet into a satellite but the gravity extends as well which can lead to accidents/problems.

Interesting.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Where's the information at which gives the coordinates for the base? Etc...

We're near the system 1, -2, 3.  Should be able to find the actual system from there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You can also log in, next time the server is online, and look in the faction list for "The Twelfth Bay." Click on it, and under that you'll find the faction home sector listed.

And yeah, we could really benefit from better asteroid coverage, and using a station as home base rather than a planet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I'm mostly for claiming a different system with a better spread of asteroid spawning belts because the asteroid types are determined by distance from the sun. We currently have one with a terrible assortment of the most common types of asteroids.

Asteroid spread literally does not matter - I made a post earlier in the thread, it's actually better to just sell all your minerals to the shop, and buy whatever modules you need (and all materials sell for about the same amount).

For example the materials to create a shield capacitor can be sold for ~1000 credits. You can buy a shield capacitor from the store for 500 - 800 credits. So depending on prices, you can get up to double the shield capacitors just buying them.

Stores have a limited amount, yes - however it's quicker to jump around to dozens of stores buying all the shield modules then it is to jump around trying to find the correct asteroids. especially since we are only two jumps from spawn and apparently the shop at spawn restocks really fast

The trouble is we can't build a bigass turret of doom, or anything else, because we're all broke and have little to no resources useful in the construction of weapons.

If we ditch the planet and find a station nearby, that would be preferable to our current situation, honestly. Even if we aren't landed on the surface, I can't wait until an admin finds out we made a stick off the planet and docked stuff to it directly.

I saw a post in the server forum where another group did the exact same thing and nobody seemed to think it was a bad idea or against the rules.

As for a gun, how much do you think a respectable gun would cost? Based on the cost of buying weapons for my unnamed warship I estimate you could get a 5 million damage missile alpha strike for maybe 20 - 25 million spacebucks. 5 million damage won't kill anyone's super titan but it's going to ruin any small to mid sized ship's day and it could always be expanded later as we get more resources.

Anyway if I'm the only one that wants to stay, I'll shut up about it.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken found a fine spot in a nearby system and they're probably in the process of moving there now. It's a station this time, so none of that silly gravity stuff. My game crashed and the community center is closing, so goodbye for now internets...
I make Spellcrafts!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Does anyone have an up to date weapon combination chart ?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

Ok so we moved next door to +22 -17 54. The station is just getting started but I made some temporary docks and brought over and docked everyone's ships from the old home base. The factory is still set up there.

edit; duh, yup
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:36:54 pm by Crashmaster »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 181