Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325063 times)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

That's why you don't dock massive ships.

But, but, you must dock massive ships or they will be cored and stolen once discovered. Our home base is easily find-able, listing as a large faction will attract attention and we are not that far from spawn.

The only other option is to spam serious defensive missile satellites under home-base protection and hope they could stop those that would just nuke the un-docked ships from several sectors away out of spite and/or boredom.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I wish there were more higher-directive things to do. I wish I could just get a ton of starting stuff, build an awesome looking ship and still have playing the game, rather than cheating it all in to build said awesome looking ship and not having anything left to do.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Just tore out Eidolon's innards, then used the wonderful new 'replace' tool to finally skin her in actual armor, instead of her old standard hull.  Replacing her systems still looks to be a real undertaking, and I'm not sure where to start.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've sent a request to be added to the faction. I made it to the faction base.

What's your username?

I'm using TheDarkStar. Do I have to be logged in to get factions to work?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I built a very, very basic space elevator + dock connected to the planet, just so we can protect our ships. We had some people poking around our system today so I'm kind of paranoid, since anything in orbit is completely unprotected.

Feel free to dock your own ships to it to protect them, or add on to it, or whatever. It's probably only temporary until we can get a space station or something better set up, so don't worry about making it too pretty if you do add anything.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

space elevator

I either clipped directly through it when it was halfway up, or, more often, it completely ignored I was there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site

Flew out to the faction home base, sent a message for a faction invite. In-game name is CrescentSickle.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

My brothers are joining on the server so I'll drop out if the faction when I log in next. I'll drop all the cinnabar trinkets I had in inventory before leaving.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Today when I logged on Crashmaster informed me that he found "DarkFrigate" blown up and overheating, and the asteroid axe is gone. We've been attacked, logically, and unless one of us was around and just chose not to mention anything... It was probably another player faction, here to steal from and pick on the weak noobs because it's convenient and we're vulnerable.

Honestly, I'm not surprised, and I'd figured it would have happened sooner. Yesterday the space elevator station had been stolen, some dudes from "the swarm" came by to just have a look, presenting their big-ass warship.
My suggestion is actually to move out, and find a new, safer, hidden home for the time being. Just a faction home base and territory claim on a system with a large number of asteroid fields, so we have a home system mining bonus. But we don't necessarily want to use the faction home as our personal home, because that still gives anyone wanting to pick on the little guys a beacon to fly to. We can find a station in a nearbyfar-flung, remote system and load it up on defenses covertly.

In all reality, we ARE the weak, vulnerable gang of noobs with no capacity to defend ourselves and very little resources or experience, and no friends or allies whatsoever. Burned toast's missile boat is the only "warship" we have, and it can only really handle one or two pirates until we get the shield rechargers upgraded. Our present home is obvious, and vulnerable, and we've been having trouble organizing actually docking on it because of the 100 mass rule on planets and that damn space elevator that extended gravity right up to the dock. Which I'm pretty sure is actually a violation of that rule, but hey.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably want your faction base to be a station, not a planet, so that you can actually dock your ships to it, assuming that still makes them invulnerable.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'm going to make a blind jump (or two).  Tell you where I end up afterwards.  Whichever system we claim, here's a plan for hiding: Step one, drop a station block somewhere in system that is custom named.  This will be a decoy.  Our actual base will instead be a repaired derelict station, which, if we keep the name the same, will attract little, if any, attention.

If anyone is online, please lend me a million credits so I can drop a block out there.  I want to place a respawn next to wherever I end up so I don't lose my ship when I scout out the sector for a cheap station we can fix up, shops, and locations of pirate stations.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

home base is invulnerable anyway. drop some ship not docked in space, set faction to auto enemy attacker, then build big ass turretted cannon of doom, laugh at invaders.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

Agreed.

I have two sector suggestions for claiming;
-108 -3 -212, edge of the galactic hub, 5 asteroid belts,
-127 -9 -138, near the edge, 6 belts, one red planet, two sectors away from;
-127 -9 -154, near the edge, 5 belts

A station in a remote sector should be less the one jump away from what we claim, aren't the void sectors just crammed full of pirates though?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

How many Bay 12'ers are playing? I might join you guys.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

Today when I logged on Crashmaster informed me that he found "DarkFrigate" blown up and overheating, and the asteroid axe is gone. We've been attacked, logically, and unless one of us was around and just chose not to mention anything... It was probably another player faction, here to steal from and pick on the weak noobs because it's convenient and we're vulnerable.

Honestly, I'm not surprised, and I'd figured it would have happened sooner. Yesterday the space elevator station had been stolen, some dudes from "the swarm" came by to just have a look, presenting their big-ass warship.
My suggestion is actually to move out, and find a new, safer, hidden home for the time being. Just a faction home base and territory claim on a system with a large number of asteroid fields, so we have a home system mining bonus. But we don't necessarily want to use the faction home as our personal home, because that still gives anyone wanting to pick on the little guys a beacon to fly to. We can find a station in a nearbyfar-flung, remote system and load it up on defenses covertly.

In all reality, we ARE the weak, vulnerable gang of noobs with no capacity to defend ourselves and very little resources or experience, and no friends or allies whatsoever. Burned toast's missile boat is the only "warship" we have, and it can only really handle one or two pirates until we get the shield rechargers upgraded. Our present home is obvious, and vulnerable, and we've been having trouble organizing actually docking on it because of the 100 mass rule on planets and that damn space elevator that extended gravity right up to the dock. Which I'm pretty sure is actually a violation of that rule, but hey.

Our planet is invulnerable, and anything docked to our crappy space elevator is invulnerable. They can't hurt us unless we leave things floating in space, and we can enlarge the dock as needed, and eventually build or buy a space station to use instead.

If you're afraid they will camp in our system and just blow us up when we try and build or mine, then we can make a bigger jumpgate and point it at another galaxy and go play there for a while.

Why should we abandon our system and run away and cower just because some petty thief took some stuff when we accidentally left the door open?

home base is invulnerable anyway. drop some ship not docked in space, set faction to auto enemy attacker, then build big ass turretted cannon of doom, laugh at invaders.

I like this plan. If we make a big gun it will chase away or kill people who are just trying to pick on smaller people, and and if someone jumps some big invulnerable super-titan in at least constantly being shot will annoy them and let them know we haven't given up.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 181