Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325421 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1770 on: November 10, 2013, 06:37:16 pm »

Given the current bugginess of the server, go ahead and clean house, the less pirates and pirate stations, the less game breaking lag from physics calculations.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13:44 am »

*Squatchhammer withdraws from society....*

*He draws a picture with numerous hardened black hull(both blocks and wedges, lights in all colors, amc blocks, power blocks, power storage blocks, shield blocks, plex glass(both block and wedge), plex lifters, gravity blocks, turret attachment blocks+enhancement blocks, faction blocks, plex doors....*
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 11, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »

New update is live, it's supposed to fix the evil physics lag that has been crushing servers.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 11, 2013, 02:19:52 pm »

New update is live, it's supposed to fix the evil physics lag that has been crushing servers.

When will this server be updated?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1774 on: November 11, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »

When will this server be updated?
Soon as the person online right now signs off and I notice.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 11, 2013, 03:52:08 pm »

I just saved the Vanguard in  it's first WIP stage, it costs 1.4 billion credits... ???

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1776 on: November 11, 2013, 04:00:44 pm »

I'm not seeing an update. The launcher says I have the latest version. What is the new version number?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 11, 2013, 04:07:23 pm »

0.0947 is the current version, just went up today.  Schema calls it "update inbetween"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:11:07 pm by NullForceOmega »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 11, 2013, 04:29:23 pm »

Having a bit of fun screwing around with pirate spawns.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do you think we could add swarm drones to the server?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:36 pm »

0.0947 is the current version, just went up today.  Schema calls it "update inbetween"

Apparently the next actual update is set to include mobs:
Quote from: Starmade Devlog
AI-Creatures / NPC-Astronauts
There will be critters, monsters, pirates, aliens spawning on planets and space stations. They will be fully consistent and only despawn in certain circumstances. Players will be able to interact with them, and can in some cases even command them.

The creature system will be modular, that means there will be a huge amount of generated creatures, all with different compositions and stats like being able to fly or crawl on walls, or what type of attack and defense they are using, and much more.

I hope to give more detailed information soon, but I hate to promise things I can't hold 100%
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 11, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »

Whaaaaaaat. Cool.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1781 on: November 12, 2013, 08:21:06 am »

Okay... I THINK we're good now. I had to update manually because I think a file was broken/corrupted and the launcher wouldn't read the current version to update.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:39 am »

Early in-progress screen of what I'm doing on a private server. It will have a few turrets to protect itself.

I really like the surface details, all that embossed lines and actual slots for the turrets. I see the rear is unfinished, is that ship going to be much larger?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 12, 2013, 12:31:40 pm »

Hopefully the last update helped with that.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 12, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »

I really like the surface details, all that embossed lines and actual slots for the turrets. I see the rear is unfinished, is that ship going to be much larger?

Another time that length, ending at somewhere between 800-900 blocks in length. It's mostly flat and a carrier sort of thing; not a combat carrier because the hangar gates are slow to exit from, yet it still has room for 24 fighters inside.

Doesn't really have the firepower to punch through huge ships; its main defense is laying down a cloud of flak fire against enemy fighters and bombers so that the actual battleships can do their job. Almost lost my progress when the kind of battleship I speak of (built by a friend of mine) spawned about four times in its direct proximity has pirate because the game files decided to fuck up. Only a quick server shutdown and a dive into the server files to eradicate those ships saved my ass.

Since that incident, I expanded its shield power from 700k and something to five million.

Edit: You know what. Have a picture of today's status - much of the progress has been on the underside, but have a comparison screenshot with the in-progress battleship a friend is building right now. Oh, and a cloud of dying Isanths.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:06:04 pm by Julius Clonkus »
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 181