Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325405 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1785 on: November 13, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

Peoples, get on the server. Its all empty an shit.

Also, I forget who made the renia or whatever, but they suddenly has faction. So they should add me to it.

(Tim_of_the_awesome)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 16, 2013, 10:27:59 am »

The server needs an update again.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1787 on: November 16, 2013, 10:29:30 am »

The server needs an update again.
I'm not sure I see the point in keeping this up. Hardly anyone plays on it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 16, 2013, 03:04:06 pm »

Update it one last time so I can save my creation at least, please.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1789 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »

Update it one last time so I can save my creation at least, please.
If it updates correctly, sure. I'm trying now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1790 on: November 16, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »

Most of my annoyance comes from the damn launcher not autodetecting the version and updating, forcing me to do it manually.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 17, 2013, 03:05:58 am »

Well, I love playing on the server. I think partly why no one is on is the fact that some midterms are going on right now, or are about to go on. The other fact is that its alpha and people like something more set. Granted I do have some irk with that but I am accepting it as alpha. Even if we advertise it on the main starmade forums, its not what people would like in a sever for what ever reason. Mainly its the free blueprint usage. I hate the limitations of the other severs from that.

Personally, my work hours make it hard for me to get on recently, so I try to get on when I can.

So please dont shut down the server just yet.

Since I was on the server today working on my Starbase. I decided to help Null about his lost ships. After that I taken out like 3 Pirate stations and a few dozen pirate raids/groups that were hanging around.

I do have a question for you forsaken, did you up the amount of pirates?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 17, 2013, 03:21:10 am »

Today I worked some more on my carrier. It now has two working escape pods, though they may not be easy to use for people not in my faction. (The permission block for the exterior door for the bottom one can be seen pretty easily with either of the interior doors open, but the one for the top one is both up high and not visible when the door is closed.) The ship also now sports a front (or at least the frame of one), though I may rework it in the future to make it flatter and possibly put in a forward hangar bay.

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 17, 2013, 03:28:34 am »

Yeah don't shut it down. I plan on playing again after I'm finished with some papers I need to write, so later this week. It'd be nice to get back into this, I haven't been on since the reset.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 17, 2013, 04:50:58 am »

Maniac returns! Virus is defeated!

Long story short, my rig got the FBI Moneypak virus, and it took me all week to kill it, and I did kill it. Hard.  Actually I almost have to thank the miserable hacking douchebag who created it, without having to smash his baby's face in with a maul, I might not have been able to locate the other two virus hanging out in my system files.  As long as my connection stays solid I'll be back on the server later today.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1795 on: November 17, 2013, 10:40:36 am »

Alright, will leave it up then. :)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 17, 2013, 12:00:08 pm »

Looks like the entire Starmade community is down, the site, authentication server, downloads, uplinks, blueprint uploads, everything.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 17, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »

Hmm is the game receiving new features or mostly bugfixes?
I played it with some friends and really liked it, but I never stop to read the patch notes because of the wall of text.
I'd totally play on the B12 server but I wouldn't have patience to make such awesome huge designs everyone is making  :P

Some devs really need to just make a list of whats new, whats fixed etc, instead of writing a book in the patch notes or writing things like "Ah, I also fixed that bug that some guy posted on the forums"..  :-\
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 17, 2013, 05:57:26 pm »

Since it's still in alpha, the dev concentrates mostly on stuff to make sure the game is as stable as possible, though there are a few legitimately new features added here and there. For instance, the next update (whenever it comes) will add mobs and npc's:
Quote from: Starmade Devlog
AI-Creatures / NPC-Astronauts
There will be critters, monsters, pirates, aliens spawning on planets and space stations. They will be fully consistent and only despawn in certain circumstances. Players will be able to interact with them, and can in some cases even command them.

The creature system will be modular, that means there will be a huge amount of generated creatures, all with different compositions and stats like being able to fly or crawl on walls, or what type of attack and defense they are using, and much more.

I hope to give more detailed information soon, but I hate to promise things I can't hold 100%
[/quote]

As for building big things, it's quicker than building them in Minecraft if you use the advanced build mode. If you press ctrl while in build mode on a ship, you can get a menu where you can adjust how many blocks you place in any of the 3 polar planes and use the symmetry tool to have the designs you place mirrored on the other side of the symmetry plane. Also, not everyone knows this, but you can use scroll wheel while in adv. build mode to rotate the facing of blocks instead of clicking on the little arrows in rotation part of the menu (good for dealing with wedges).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 17, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »

He does add features at a steady rate, but the main thing Schema ( or known here as BizzaroToady) is trying to do is optimize the program to the enth degree so as many people can play with awesome ships without crashing or lagging every 5 seconds.

One of the newest feature I absolutely love is the fact that asteroids now can be moved by ramming your ship against them. Just make sure you have a big enough ship.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 181