Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325497 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1650 on: October 05, 2013, 12:49:54 pm »

Can you even fly it without crashing the game anymore?!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 05, 2013, 01:09:45 pm »

Believe it or not, her FPS impact is negligable to non-existant she's a freaking monster, seriously.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 05, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »

So how did the turning speed update affect the game? I haven't been able to test personally because I haven't gotten to update yet. Are most ships faster or slower to turn?

And don't worry, Null. Eventually someone will design a vessel which can handle the Eidolon. Might take a while. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 05, 2013, 07:05:19 pm »

Quick! Zerg rush! He can't murder us all! Well, not instantly...
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 05, 2013, 07:10:26 pm »

actually, a lot of things can take the Eidolon, tho' that depends on how willing you are to take damage in return.  As for the turning update, smaller vessels will feel it most sharply, anything under a thousand weight turns on a dime even under thrust, larger vessels will notice the change most heavily if they are longer than they are wide or tall.  Eidolon turns left and right fairly quickly, but up and down are more problematic (but not much more), but the Avatar turns like  a pregnant cow (spins beautifully tho')

Edit: actually, zerg rush is the most likely to get you killed, ideally you would want a heavy hitter to soak up as much damage as possible and some glass cannons to knock the fairly flimsy shields down.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:12:05 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 05, 2013, 07:10:37 pm »

So how did the turning speed update affect the game? I haven't been able to test personally because I haven't gotten to update yet. Are most ships faster or slower to turn?

And don't worry, Null. Eventually someone will design a vessel which can handle the Eidolon. Might take a while. :P

up to a certain point (very small to small ships), turning rates increased dramatically. On larger ships however, turning rates are horrible. As in, it literally takes minutes to turn a ship 180 degrees. However, I do understand that config options were added for server admins to tweak turning rates (and shields strenght, and power generation cap)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 05, 2013, 08:08:10 pm »

Ugh, I have a rogue amc block somewhere I can't find and it's driving me crazy.

I tried tracking it down via "Weapon position" info on the weapon comp and it isn't there. Is there some trick to this that I'm missing?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 08, 2013, 03:05:40 am »

So I finally broke down and figured out how to upload some images, Some shots of Eidolon

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 08, 2013, 03:10:21 am »

google plus?

why

i'll have to use my youtube account which i only use for uploading boku no pico ovas for the express purpose of dropping them on synchtube equivalents then hiding them again legitimate reasons

can we please have that moved while you're still at it i'd really appreciate the gesture. an imgur album would be fine i think.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:21 am »

If it's good enough for Kadzar, It's good enough for me, I have a deep seated hatred of the entirety of the internet, anyway I already have a gmail account.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 08, 2013, 03:24:18 am »

your album is not public damnit that is the problem here

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:15 am »

google plus?

why

i'll have to use my youtube account which i only use for uploading boku no pico ovas for the express purpose of dropping them on synchtube equivalents then hiding them again legitimate reasons

can we please have that moved while you're still at it i'd really appreciate the gesture. an imgur album would be fine i think.
You Monster  :P
and yeah we need permission to see them
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 08, 2013, 04:48:05 am »

Okay, made the albums public. (why the fuck does Google have to make everything so gods be damned difficult.)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 08, 2013, 05:04:36 am »

Fighters are all fine and good, but you really should consider some side-mounted turrets. With the new turning mechanics and its proportions, the top and bottom directions are a huge blind spot in coverage.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 08, 2013, 07:57:42 am »

Imgur is actually fine so long as you don't exceed 250 pictures. Past that it asks you to pay for storage, though I've heard it doesn't delete any photos, it just makes it so that you can't access and edit them from your account anymore.

Anyway, I mostly use my Google Plus account for pictures since, by some eldritch magics which apparently no longer work, I was able to use my pseudonym for it and Google Plus is much better at handling large mass uploads. Though I will say Imgur gives you a lot more options about how your album will look (read:any).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 181